Launched back in 2018, Samsung Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ devices have already lost their eligibility to get a new Android upgrade. Meanwhile, these smartphone users can still experience the latest version of the One UI that is the One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 OS unofficially.
Thanks to VDavid003 (via XDADevelopers) for porting the Galaxy M31’s One UI 3.1 firmware for the Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ 2018 phones. Named as “TreeUI”, this port ROM not only bricks the base Android version but also installs Android 11-compatible vendor image, which allows users to easily boot an Android 11 GSI on these models.
However, the TreeUI is in a beta stage and further development is underway, that’s why it has some initial issues with the system functions such as the stock Samsung camera app, torch intensity control, and face unlock.
Meanwhile, you can try a third-party camera application until the issue gets fixed. Moreover, the Galaxy A7 users can not do contactless payments due to the conflict of NFC functionality.
As with any other custom installation, the Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ users are also needed to install TWRP to flash the TreeUI.
What doesn’t work:
- Samsung Camera (3rd party apps should work)
- Face unlock
- Torch intensity control
- Jack has some faint noises while no media is playing
Download Android 11/One UI 3.1 port:
- “TreeUI” for Samsung Galaxy A7, A8, and A8+ (2018) – Download Link
Note: Try these steps at your own risk.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – Screenshot@sammyfans.com