Starting December 2020, Samsung delivered the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update to its several Galaxy devices including flagships and mid-rangers. Besides, the company also rolled out the One UI 3.1 features for eligible smartphones and tablets and is rapidly working to provide these changes to the remaining handsets.
It is worth mentioning that the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy S10 are the older flagship lineup that has received the Android 11 upgrade and will get one more major Android upgrade later this year. Meanwhile, the popular Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9/S9+ units are not listed to receive any new major Android update, says Samsung’s new update policy.
If you don’t know, the international variants of the Galaxy Note 10 Lite and the Galaxy Note 9 both are powered by a 10nm process-based octa-core Exynos 9810 chipset. And, the Galaxy Note 10 Lite users have recently received the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 update. However, the Galaxy Note 9 users can experience the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 changes by installing it unofficially.
Thanks to AlexisXDA (via XDADevelopers) for porting the One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 firmware for the Galaxy Note 9 smartphones. Named as Noble ROM, the One UI 3.1 port properly works with both single-SIM (SM-N960F) and dual-SIM (SM-N960FD) variants. The developer took the Galaxy Note 10 Lite’s ROM and further added some components from the Galaxy Note 10 Plus’ One UI 3.1 firmware.
However, it is a TWRP-flashable ZIP that is an integrated AROMA installer and lets end-users easily customize each and every aspect of the installation. A few things to be noted, there are some bugs and missing features as it is an initial version of the ROM while it includes the latest March 2021 security patch.
- Live Focus is at the moment bugged. Camera won’t force close so it’s fine.
- Since Galaxy N10 Samsung removed Irises Biometric Unlock and Smart Scan too, so in this ROM isn’t available
- This is the first release. It has been tested for days, but some minor bugs could be faced by someone.
Still wanna get the Android 11/One UI 3.1 on your Exynos 9810 powered Galaxy Note 9? Navigate to the link mentioned below, download the port ROM, and follow the installing instructions.
Note: Make sure that your Galaxy Note 9’s bootloader is unlocked and you have TWRP installed.
- One UI 3.1/Noble ROM 1.0 – Direct Download Link
- One UI 3.1/Noble ROM 1.0 – Download Link [Thread]
- Kernel Sources – Download Link
Noble ROM 1.0/One UI 3.1 Port Features:
- Odexed, Hardly Debloated and added some tweaks for best performance and better battery.
- Added some tweaks in order to have the best smoothness and general performance!
- Make your ROM! OUR aroma allows you to select everything you want to have on your phone in order to improve the user experience!
- Disabled RMM Lock.
- Google Pay working (Hide it with Magisk).
- Secure Folder working.
- Galaxy S21 Wallpapers.
- ALT Z Life stuffs ported from A51/A71.
- Useful Cards section enabled in Messages Apps.
- Improved zoom quality in the gallery.
- Useful cards tab enabled in messages.
- Night mode zoom on camera.
- Night mode on hyperlapse.
- Enabled Dolby on Game.
- Power key in notification panel.
- Samsung App Lock.
- iOS 14 Emoji’s selectable in aroma.
- S10 Multiple Wallpapers (coming soon with a separated zip).
- New Good Lock 2021 selectable in aroma.