Following the stable release of Android 11 for Google Pixel smartphones, Samsung also started working to deliver this new generation of Android OS to its eligible Galaxy devices. In October 2020, the company announced the One UI 3 beta program for the Galaxy S20 series and further extended this opportunity for several flagships and two mid-rangers.
Starting December 2020, the South Korean tech giant rolled out the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 firmware update with various new features and optimizations to dozens of Galaxy devices including phones and tablets. And now the company is on the way to offer more new features with the latest version of the One UI that was debuted with the Galaxy S21 series.
Now, the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G users who picked Verizon as their network service provider in the US have started receiving a new firmware update which comes with a build version A716VSQU2DUC1. Alongside the March 2021 security patch, the OTA brings the One UI 3.1 version with various new features for a better user experience.
Samsung One UI 3.1: Features
Introduced with Galaxy S21 flagships, Samsung One UI 3.1 is an upgraded version of the One UI 3.0. It adds plenty of new functions including new Camera features, enhancements for Calendar, Messages, Duo, and Dex as well as Eye comfort shield and Game Priority mode.
Single Take – Shot Customization
- Now you can customize what shots to capture when using the Single Take feature.
Video Call Enhancements
- When using 3rd party apps (i.e., Google Duo), the video call now supports HDR, Beauty features, and improved low-light quality.
Eye Comfort Shield
- Keep your eyes comfortable by limiting blue light and using warmer colors. Automatically adjust your screen’s colors based on the time of day.
Game Booster – Priority Mode
- For the serious gamers, you can use Priority Mode in Game Booster to block incoming calls and notification alarms. It will also optimize your network connection and processor power for your games.
Wireless DeX – PC Connection
- Extend your Galaxy phone to your desktop PC using Wireless DeX. Simply download the DeX app on your PC and connect to the same Wi-Fi network to start DeX.
Galaxy Buds – Seamless Earbud Connection
- When logged into your Samsung account, quickly switch your Galaxy Buds to nearby devices without disconnecting your earbuds or turning on pairing mode.
How to update manually?
After you’ve received the first notification of the software update, you can manually initiate by going to Home > Applications > Settings > About Device > Software updates. Under System updates, tap Download & install to install the update. Your device will power off and back on and the installation process will begin.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – Screenshot@sammyfans.com