[UPDATE: ROLLING OUT IN INDIA]
After South Korea, Samsung is now rolling out a new One UI 3.0 beta update to the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra flagships in India. This new firmware update comes with the December 2020 security patch for better device security.
This update brings fixes for the bugs found in the previous beta version. The system features of the device will be enhanced to provide better performance and the stability of the system also increased for a better user experience.
- N981BXXU1ZTKK – Galaxy Note 20 5G
- N986BXXU1ZTKK – Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
[ORIGINAL ARTICLE: NOVEMBER 30, 2020]
After a long break in providing a new update to the One UI 3.0 beta testers of the Galaxy Note 20 series phones, Samsung has now started sending the latest One UI 3.0 beta update for both variants of the Galaxy Note 20 series in South Korea.
According to the latest information coming from South Korea that Samsung is pushing One UI 3.0 Beta 4 to its latest Note series flagship smartphones in its home country.
The changelog mentions that this new firmware update for the Galaxy Note 20 brings stability improvements for a better user experience. Aside from improvements, it also fixes the bugs of One UI 3.0 Beta 3. Moreover, the system functions got enhanced to bring increased performance.
After installing this new One UI 3.0 beta update, Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra owners can notice December 2020 security patch in their phones. The December 2020 security patch will keep their phones secure against various threats and CVEs.
As reported, some Galaxy Note 20 owners were facing issues with the performance of the battery after One UI 3.0 Beta 3, which will be fixed with this build of One UI 3.0 beta.
- N981NKSU1ZTKJ – Galaxy Note 20 5G
- N986NKSU1ZTKJ – Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
As mentioned in the changelog, this new One UI 3.0 beta build brings a bunch of bug fixes for YouTube resolution in Bixby routine, keyboard, reminders, and Samsung Notes. Furthermore, there are some improvements in the Flo app that is reported to continue on the lockscreen even after existing.
The problem regarding the keyboard stops while typing and the delay in receiving input also been fixed. Moreover, the issue of temporary screen jammed when editing and saving an existing saved reminder also been solved.
You can also check the official changelog below:
What’s new in the changelog:
- If you set YouTube resolution qhd in Bixby Routine and turn the power button off, the fingerprint recognition area display disappears.
- Keyboard does not come up when trying to write
- An error in which the screen is temporarily jammed when editing and saving an existing saved reminder
- If the Samsung Note and OneNote sync are not turned on, the sync pop-up keeps popping up when you relaunch the app even if you tap it later.
- When typing the keyboard, it stops while hitting or the reaction speed is slow
- Even after exiting the Flo app, songs continue to appear on the lock screen
- If you find the contact information of an acquaintance after entering the contact information, there is no response and you cannot call.
- If you press the paused Samsung Music app by lowering the notification window, the screen turns black and blinks several times before moving to the lock screen.
- App is forcibly closed when the screen is locked/released while the app is running in the secure folder
- Home UI keeps restarting
- Other minor bug fixes
In addition to South Korea, this One UI 3.0 beta update will soon be available for the Galaxy Note 20 smartphone users from other countries/regions in the coming days.
According to the previous report, this could be the last beta software update for the Galaxy Note 20 series, and Samsung may next rollout stable One UI 3.0 for both beta and One UI 2.5 users in the coming days/weeks.
To check for the updates on your Galaxy Note 20 devices, go to Settings, scroll down to select the Software updates option, and then tap on Download and install.