[Download Links below]
After starting the Android 11-based One UI 3.0 beta program for the users in the US and Korea, the company is now starting the beta program for the Exynos-powered Galaxy S20 users in Germany. The company may also start the beta program in the UK, Poland, China, and India.
The first beta update comes with build number ZTJA, which is also rolled out as a new One UI 3.0 beta for the unlocked Galaxy S20 users, likely because it comes with bugs fixes. The latest ZTJA build included fixes for the spotted bugs in the first beta rolled out for the S20 users in the US.
You can check the software versions below:
- Galaxy S20: G981BXXU5ZTJA
- Galaxy S20+: G986BXXU5ZTJA
- Galaxy S20 Ultra: G988BXXU5ZTJA
If you are in Germany, you can register for the One UI 3.0 beta program via the Samsung Members app on your Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra. After the successful registration, you can expect an update notification on your phone.
If you want to check for the latest software update, just head to the device Settings and tap on the Software update menu.
To read about Samsung One UI 3.0 – head to the dedicated page here.
As per the changelog, it comes with October 2020 security patch. You can check the complete changelog below:
1st Beta Software Update
Hello! This is One UI Beta Program Operation Team.
We are thankful that you have taken part in One UI Beta Program.
One UI 3 Upgrade (Android 11)
One UI 3 is designed to help you focus on what matters. Our visual redesign has improved the places you visit the most, like the Home screen and quick panel, to reduce distractions, highlight important information, and make your experience more consistent. Performance improvements will help apps run quicker while using less battery power. And One UI 3 puts control in your hands with new privacy controls, one-time permissions, and enhanced Digital Wellbeing.
Experience all these improvements and more in the One UI 3 beta. During the beta program, we appreciate your feedback, which we’ll use to make more improvements.
Scroll down for a full list of changes.
(Beta Software Update
Version – ZTJA
Visual design We’ve refreshed the look and feel of One UI 3 in lots of ways, big and small, from new, more consistent icons to smarter organization of the quick panel and notifications. Motion is smoother and more natural than ever, with improved animations and haptic feedback for common interactions. And the interface responds to different screen sizes to provide the best experience on any device, whether it’s a phone, foldable, or tablet.
Improved performance We optimized One UI 3 with enhanced dynamic memory allocation, so apps run faster and perform better. We’ve also restricted background activities to provide better performance and power usage.
Home screen and Lock screen
• Add widgets by touching and holding an app icon on the Home screen. • Turn off the screen by double tapping on an empty space on the Home or Lock screen. (Set it up in Settings > Advanced features > Motions and gestures.) • On the Lock screen, tap the clock area to see widgets like calendar, weather, and music. • New image categories have been added to Dynamic Lock screen, and you can select up to 5 categories at once. • Get an interactive preview when setting a wallpaper • We’ve made it easier to edit the Always On Display and Lock screen.
Calls and chats
• See conversations separately in the notification panel. Works with Messages and your favorite chat apps. • Add a call background to see a picture or video when you make or receive a call.
Pictures and videos
• Take pictures quicker with improved autofocus and auto exposure. • View, edit, and share pictures and videos more easily from Gallery. • Find pictures and videos quicker with new search features and categories in Gallery. • Revert edited pictures to their original versions at any time, even after they’re saved, so you never lose a shot.
• Settings has a new simpler look and feel. Your Samsung account is shown at the top, and Home screen settings are now easier to access. • Find the settings you need more easily with new Search features. You’ll get better results for synonyms and common misspellings, and you can tap on tags to see groups of related settings. • Quick settings buttons have been reduced to provide only the most commonly used features. You can also add buttons to create your own customized quick panel.
• Increased the number of input languages to 370. • Made it easier to paste copied images and verification codes from text messages. • Added emoji and sticker suggestions when you enter a text-based emoticon. • Improved the keyboard layout to provide a larger space bar when entering web and email addresses. • Reorganized Keyboard settings so it’s easier to access frequently used settings.
Maintain a healthy balance between work and life by minimizing repetitive and complicated tasks and handling them efficiently. • Bixby Routines has, even more, controls to help you automate your life, including a setting to return everything to the way it was before the routine ran. • New routines will be recommended based on your daily life and usage patterns. • New icons and Lock screen widgets make it easier to find and control your routines. • In Internet, you can hide the status and navigation bars for a more immersive experience and quickly translate webpages. • You’ll be prompted to block websites that send too many pop-ups or notifications. • You can browse and select cloud drive files from the file selection screen in My Files. • You can now delete cache files in My Files to easily free up storage space. • Events with the same start time are displayed together in the month and list views in Calendar.
Easy media and device control
Media and device control is easier with the improved media panel in notifications. You can see recently used media apps and quickly change the playback device. You can also quick-launch Android Auto by selecting it from the Connections menu in Settings.
Identify and improve your digital habits
Improved Digital Wellbeing features make it easy to check how you’re using your phone or tablet and help you form good digital habits. Check your usage while driving or see weekly changes in your screen time by function at a glance through upgraded weekly reports. You can also use Digital Wellbeing with separate personal and work profiles.
Accessibility for everyone
One Ul 3 recommends useful accessibility features for you based on your usage. The improved Accessibility shortcut makes accessibility features easier to start and use. You can use the Speak keyboard input aloud feature to get voice feedback of your typing even when TalkBack is turned off.
Stronger privacy protection
You can now let an app access to your microphone, camera, or location just one time. Any permissions that an app hasn’t used in a while will be automatically revoked. You can no longer give apps permission to always see your location in the regular permission popup. To let apps access your location when they’re not in use, you need to go to the location permission page for the app in Settings.
• In Clock, you can hear the time and preset name of the alarm read aloud when an alarm rings. • Easily remove duplicate contacts stored in the same account in Contacts. The storage period for deleted contacts has been extended from 15 days to 30 days. • You can view and edit the entire list of linked contacts in the integrated editing screen in Contacts. • Added Trash in Messages so that recently deleted messages are stored for 30 days. • Added Do not disturb for games so that you can focus on playing, as well as other improvements for enhanced performance.
Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 3 update.
Samsung Galaxy S20 LTE/5G Exynos:
BTIJ -> ZTJA
https://r.srvtrck.com/v1/redirect?ur…ink&ad_dt=link (Thanks to @SoLdieR9312)
Samsung Galaxy S20+ LTE/5G Exynos:
BTIJ -> ZTJA (Currently only for 4G)
http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/…rKKHnNJ5jMRIA= (Thanks to @henklbr)
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra LTE/5G Exynos:
http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/…7FiW3Lq5DMRFc= (Thanks to @sille)
S20 LTE/5G Snapdragon:
[Link will be here when avaliable]
S20+ LTE/5G Snapdragon:
BTH4 -> ZTI7
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pY_…4g6jsaeRI/view (thanks to @elliwigy)
S20 Ultra LTE/5G Snapdragon:
BTHD -> ZTI7
Direct: http://fota-secure-dn.ospserver.net/…Si2dpahjTJERY= (Thanks to @Duck Quan)
Mirror Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsTbRa4bZd3nvBYlVlIjEdTNpmgd (Thanks to @Phidam__)
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter
Note: Credit for the downloadable links to XDA forums.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Wearable, stay connected!
Samsung Wearables is a fantabulous app to stay connected with your wearable accessories. This Galaxy application connects your wearable devices to your smartphones.
The Application facilitates you to manage and monitor the wearable device features and applications which you have installed through Galaxy Apps. A user just needs to install the app on the smartphone, then pair it with wearable accessories.
What features are manageable with the application?
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
- Software updates
- Clock settings
- Mobile device connection and disconnection
- Notification type and settings, etc.
The settings and features will appear in front of you when your wearable device is connected via Bluetooth to advantage of all the features. Let me tell you frankly that features will not properly work without a stable connection between your wearable device and your mobile phone.
What things does the user need to take care of?
- The Samsung wearable application does not support the VR gears or Gear 360
- For enjoying the Samsung Wearable application should be installed with the latest User Interface
- Only for the Galaxy Buds model, the galaxy wearable application can be used with your tablet
- Do not forget to allow Galaxy wearable permissions.
Required permissions in brief?
- Contacts, it is used to provide services that need to be linked with the account using registered Samsung account information.
- The phone is used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps.
- The location is used to search for nearby devices for gearing and paring through Bluetooth.
- The last one is storage, used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gears.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which is completely pairable and compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S21. It facilitates me to download and change lots of watch faces, and I can monitor all my notifications and update the wearable device. So if you have the wearable accessory you have to try it.
Samsung One UI 5.0 (Android 13) Features Wishlist [May 2022]
Google Android 13 Beta 2 went live last week, but Samsung is yet to release any preview builds based on the upcoming update. However, the Galaxy device owners will be able to test the new Android 13 changes and features through the One UI 5.0 Beta program shortly.
Many Galaxy smartphones and tablets are eligible to try out the One UI 5.0 custom software system. And as usual, Samsung’s high-end models will be the first to taste it. But what features and improvements Samsung will be bringing for us?
I know every Samsung fan is excited to know all One UI 5.0 changes. But I guess, we will have to wait till July, when the first One UI 5.0 beta is expected to release. Meanwhile, SammyFans is here with the wishlist of features that we and other Samsung users desire to have on our phones with the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 upgrade.
Samsung One UI 5.0 Features Wishlist
One UI 5.0 Effective RAM Plus
With the One UI 4.1 update, the Samsung RAM Plus feature added customization capabilities, bringing extra RAM up to 8GB. But users expect that that feature should become really effective with the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 upgrade that will boost the performance, significantly. Read more
One UI 5.0 Themed icons for third-party apps
Samsung One UI 4.1 has a color palette that syncs with your phone’s wallpaper and when enabled, it not only applies to menus, buttons, and backgrounds but also to Google and Samsung app icons on your phone.
But that is not enough, users want these themes to be functional for third-party applications on their phones as well. Fortunately, this is going to be true. Android 13 Beta reveals that just like Samsung and Google Apps adopt the Material You theme on your One UI phone, third-party apps will also. Read more
One UI 5.0 Enhanced Photo Picker
Google Android 13 has an enhanced photo picker that is likely to come in One UI 5.0 as well. With the new OS, the Photo Picker feature is being split to provide more controls over the files that can be accessed by different apps.
There are now different categories for Files and media, Photos and videos, and Music and audio. It will allow users to select specific files to share with different apps, as opposed to an ‘all-or-nothing’ method. Read more
One UI 5.0 Faster Game Loading
Android 13 introduces a faster game loading experience, which is also expected to come with Samsung’s One UI 5.0 upgrade. This feature enables games to pass the top-level state of the game and indicate whether it can be interrupted or not.
It even allows games to convey their current functional state to the operating system and the OS further reduces the load times through power management and CPU. Read more
One UI 5.0 New Charging Animation
Samsung brought a completely new charging animation with Android 12-based One UI 4.0. But the few months old One UI 4.1 doesn’t have any changes in the charging animation, it continues to use the One UI 4.0’s.
Meanwhile, users get really bored of the same thick and green-colored circular animation and are expecting some modification on this side also. Read more
- More to be added soon! Stay tuned.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Shop, here is everything you need!
Samsung shop is a really fabulous one. Here is everything you need. If you want to buy new smartphones, bought a new house, want to renovate your place, or buy a gift for your little ones. Samsung Shop provides you with great offers and deals.
Samsung Shop has already been top-ranked among the world’s most trusted brands in several countries. Here you are eligible to shop for all Samsung smartphones and premium products such as TVs, Home Theaters, Home Appliances, headphones, speakers, etc.
Here you can find the right Samsung product for you. The shop facilitates you to Chat, Click and Buy. The user is eligible to discover best-selling Samsung products and get discounts and deals on smartphones, appliances, and more.
Why a person should prefer Samsung Shop?
- Here you can learn about your favorite Samsung products
- Have a discount and deals at a single doorstep
- Easily shop online
- You can track your order updates, delivery details, and current locations
- Enjoy free shipping on selected products
- Collect your favorite in one place and add them to your wish list
- The purchase and checkout are faster than remember you
- With Samsung, you can easily maintain a secure spot to manage your payment information.
Under mobile phones and accessories, you can save your latest Galaxy smartphone. Many things are available here such as Galaxy watches and wearables and more. Even if you have the facility to get a television designed according to your lifestyle, do not get amazed, it is true.
Discover the deals not only on TV but other home appliances, such as washing machines, air conditioners, microwaves, kitchen appliances, and more. Get the best deals on the computing device display, ultra-wide, curved, and gaming monitors. Shop for gaming SSDs, memory cards, flash drives, and more. Samsung truly makes the world a wonderful place to live in.