Earlier this year, Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 flagship series that comes with the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 out of the box. Recently, a reliable source revealed that the company has started the Android 12 development for these latest flagships.
And now, it looks like the Korean tech giant is already working to develop the next generation of the One UI 3 i.e. the One UI 3.5 (based on Android 11) for eligible Galaxy devices. According to the latest information, a Reddit user spotted a new test firmware for the Galaxy S21 5G smartphone that carries PDA version number: G991BXXU3BUFB.
If we go with the latest test firmware, we can confirm that it’s a new One UI version. The region of the test firmware is DBT (Germany) and every Samsung fan is well known that the company initially pushes new software upgrades in European markets, mainly in Germany.
We know that Samsung will introduce the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 in near future, most probably on August 3. At the same time, the One UI 3.5 will also be announced that will exclusively come with the upcoming foldable phones out of the box.
After that, the company will start distributing the One UI 3.5 upgrade to the eligible flagship, mid-range, and budget Galaxy phones and tablets as well. Do note that it will be an interim update that will not bring any UI changes or major features as they are reserved for the Android 12-based One UI 4.0.
One UI 6 Beta 5 for Samsung Galaxy S23 arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
Samsung is rolling out a One UI 6 Beta 5 update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone users in the UK. The update is part of the One UI 6 Beta program, which allows users to test the latest features and improvements before the stable release.
One UI 5 Beta 6 update of the Samsung Galaxy S23 series can be identified through PDA ending with ZWIK and weighs around 750 MB. It brings several bug fixes and enhancements to the Galaxy S23 series devices.
The update fixes a bundle of issues that users encountered in the last beta version, mainly related to call recording, ghost touch, Camera, motion photo, Maintenance mode, and more.
- Fixed the problem of not being able to record during a call
- Fixed no touch at the bottom of the screen or
ghost touch issue
- Fixed the issues of stuck after entering camera, forced termination. and not being able to take pictures
- Fixed the problem of not being able to use Motion Photo
- Fixed infinite rebooting problem when entering Maintenance Mode
- Many other improvements
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5, Flip 5 to receive One UI 6.0 beta in October, Community Moderator confirms
One UI 6.0 Beta update for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 has been delayed, which was scheduled to be released in late September 2023. This announcement is made by Samsung’s Community Moderator through a comment on the Samsung Members app.
For this delay, the moderator stated that more work is required to ensure the stability of the One UI 6.0 beta software for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 and Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphones.
In addition, the official assured that the company will do its best to deliver stable software so that the beta version can be launched as early as possible in October after the Chuseok holiday, which is a significant Korean festival that falls in late September this year.
Previously, Samsung’s community moderator had disclosed that the One UI team was working diligently in development and review to complete the beta version with the aim of distributing it within September. However, it seems that the team encountered some issues that required more time to fix.
5 One UI 5.1.1 enhancements now available for Samsung Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
Samsung has started releasing One UI 5.1.1 update for Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G smartphones. The update is rolling out on the Verizon network in the US. The latest update installs the August 2023 security patch to improve system security and stability.
One UI 5.1.1 update for Samsung Galaxy A51 5G and Galaxy A71 5G update brings new features and enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, Hotspot, Device Care, and Quick Share.
- Galaxy A71 5G – A716VSQU8GWH2
- Galaxy A51 5G – A516VSQU8GWH2
This software update provides One UI 5.1.1, with enhancements to Gallery, Samsung Health, and Hotspot. For more information, open the Tips app > “What’s new in One UI 5”. The latest Android security patch is also included in this update.
- Added more date/time styles for watermarks.
- Copy/paste effects.
- Remaster picture: Added Focus view to highlight individuals.
- When paired with Galaxy Watch, Samsung Health now provides upgraded sleep management, including Sleep Score Factors, Sleep Consistency and Sleep Animal Symbols. You can also access Sleep Coaching from your Galaxy Watch to track your progress and stay motivated throughout the day.
- Added Private Sharing to set time limits and prevent recipients from resharing files.
- Added Share to contacts to quickly find your contacts and share files.
- Enhanced memory management.
- Added option to clear app cache.
- Added Memory resident apps option for managing processes.
- Added dashboard for hotspot mobile data usage.
- Added data limits and time limits for managing hotspot usage.
- Added one-time password to provide temporary access to hotspot.