Samsung Galaxy S10 series was launched at “Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2019” which was held on February 20, 2019, on the occasion of the 10th-anniversary of the Samsung Galaxy S-series.
The Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, and Galaxy S10 5G were unveiled at the event with pre-installed One UI 1.1 based on Android 9 Pie. Later the company has announced an affordable variant of this flagship series, the Galaxy S10 Lite that was pre-packed with One UI 2.0 based on Android 10 out of the box.
Currently, all of these phones of the Galaxy S10 series are running on Android 11-based One UI 3.1. On the basis of the updates policy of Samsung, the Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, and S10 5G will get major upgrades up to Android 12 while the Galaxy S10 Lite up to Android 13.
In this dedicated article, we will inform you about all the major One UI, Android, and security patch updates coming for every device of the Galaxy S10 series.
Reminder: According to Samsung’s software update policy, the Galaxy S10 models are eligible to get the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update.
July 2021 Security Patch
Samsung started releasing the July 2021 security patch for the Galaxy S10 series devices. However, this update is initially spotted in the Czech Republic that will soon be expanded to other regions and markets. You can check the version numbers below.
- Galaxy S10e – G970FXXSBFUF3
- Galaxy S10 – G973FXXSBFUF3
- Galaxy S10+ – G975FXXSBFUF3
- [February 24, 2021] Samsung Galaxy S10 gets One UI 3.0 Android 11 firmware update in the US
- [February 08, 2021] T-Mobile/Sprint releases Android 11 update for Samsung Galaxy S10
- [January 18, 2021] Android 11-based One UI 3.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S10 has arrived!
- [December 02, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S10 will receive One UI 3.0/Android 11 in January 2021
- [December 07, 2020] Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy S10 receiving December 2020 security update
- [November 14, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S10 series grabbing November 2020 security patch in South Korea
- [November 10, 2020] U.S. Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10 series collecting November 2020 security patch
- [November 08, 2020] [UPDATE: Galaxy S10 5G too] Verizon sending October 2020 security patch for Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10+
One UI 3.0 Beta Updates:
- [December 03, 2020] Samsung One UI 3.0 beta rolling out to Galaxy S10 series in the US
- [November 26, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S10 users facing camera issues after installing One UI 3.0 beta
- [November 26, 2020] Samsung ends One UI 3.0 first round beta registration for Galaxy S10 devices
- [November 25, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 and S10 Plus receiving One UI 3.0 beta in India
- [November 25, 2020] One UI 3.0 beta released for Samsung Galaxy S10 series in UK
- [November 25, 2020] Breaking: Galaxy S10 series starts receiving Samsung One UI 3.0 (Android 11) beta
- [November 25, 2020] [Update: Started] Samsung Galaxy S10 One UI 3.0 beta rollout will start today
- [November 24, 2020] Samsung will resume One UI 3.0 beta rollout for Galaxy Note 10, S10, and Z Fold 2 within this week
- [November 20, 2020] Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 One UI 3.0 beta could resume next week
- [November 17, 2020] One UI 3.0 beta currently postponed for the Galaxy S10 series and other devices
- [November 13, 2020] Samsung starts One UI 3.0 beta program for Galaxy S10 series in UK
- [November 11, 2020] Breaking: One UI 3.0 beta program starts for Samsung Galaxy S10 series
- [November 07, 2020] Samsung started Android 11 beta development for Galaxy S10 5G, reveals Checkfirm
This article will be updated regularly.
One UI 6.0
Samsung One UI 6 concept displays gradient elements, interface rounding
Samsung is internally readying the One UI 6 software, which will bring the Android 14 to Galaxy devices. The Beta activity is about two months away, while concept creator SOUIC shared a handful of images displaying One UI 6 featuring aesthetic gradient elements, an elegant interface rounding, and beautiful blur.
The Quick Settings and Notification Panel got refreshed in the concept with beautiful blur, renovated brightness slider, and neat toggles. The notifications are now featuring padding from both sides to provide you with more convenient access across them.
Similar to Apple’s iOS, the expanded app settings panel is now presented with hard blurred background, which entirely makes the remaining home screen icons blurry. Thankfully, the expanded tools are now visible with an even clearer appearance with solid shape below.
Additional functional sections of the system Settings window are also aligned in the center with padding on both sides. The overall appearance got sticking, and it will be interesting to see if Samsung makes it happen int he official One UI 6 software.
One UI 5.1.1 coming to these Samsung devices: One UI 5.1.1 Device List
In February, Samsung started releasing the One UI 5.1 for Galaxy devices. Moving ahead, the company has started the development and testing of the new One UI 5.1.1 version for select Galaxy devices. Here, you can check the One UI 5.1.1 device list to ensure the availability of this One UI version.
Usually, Samsung develops and brings the x.1.1 version for foldable and tablet devices, however, select Galaxy S and A series devices also receive enhancements. This year, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 will bring One UI 5.1.1 software iteration, which will be based on Android 13.
Samsung is expected to begin the One UI 5.1.1 rollout for older Galaxy devices by late August. We are months away from the tentative timeline, however, the South Korean company may amaze Galaxy consumers yet again with speedy software deployment.
Apart from foldable Galaxy devices, the Galaxy tablets running One UI 5.1 would also get a chance to get updated to the new One UI 5.1.1. Ahead of the Android 14-based One UI 6.0, One UI 5.1.1 is likely to introduce new multitasking features and functional enhancements.
Samsung One UI 5.1.1 Device List
- Z Fold 4 5G
- Z Fold 3 5G
- Z Fold 2 5G
- Z Flip 4 5G
- Z Flip 3 5G
- Z Flip 5G
- Z Flip LTE
- Tab S8, Tab S8 Plus and Tab S8 Ultra
- Tab S7 FE
Note: This is not an official list. It is based on Samsung’s rollout habits and past deployments.
One UI 5.1 will remain the latest Samsung software until the debut of the One UI 5.1.1 version. The 5.1 version of One UI comes with improved animation and visual effects over the One UI 5.0, based on Android 13. There’s plenty to explore in this new iteration, find out more here!
One UI 6.0
Samsung One UI 6.0 beta coming very soon
Samsung has recently released a new Calculator app update, bringing support for the unreleased One UI 6.0 software. The changelog also revealed that the Android 14-based One UI version is going to be more colorful, thanks to Google’s efforts towards the Material You design engine.
Calculator app got support for an upcoming One UI version isn’t the first time incident as Samsung often did it in the past. Meanwhile, it’s not an avoidable development but indicates an early (than last year) arrival of Samsung’s Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program to Galaxy devices.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Android 14 reached the second Beta milestone, while Google has two more Beta builds in the pipeline. After two major Beta and some additional incremental updates, the new OS will go official for the Pixel smartphone lineup as well as AOSP.
Last year, the South Korean tech giant started the One UI 5 Beta program 10 days ahead of the Android 13 launch. This year, the program is expected to go official earlier as the company is already preparing for the new software, with major features may be reserved for the 2024 debut.
At first, the One UI 6 Beta will be available for the Galaxy S23 series in seven countries including the US and South Korea. After the latest flagship lineup, the company will expand this opportunity to more products including the Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S21 series.
Samsung One UI 6.0 beta coming very soon.
— Samson One UI #TeamGalaxy – SFC (@SamsonUpdate) May 31, 2023