As always, Samsung published its revised software update distribution plan, which includes several older and latest Galaxy phones and tablets. At the same time, the company has also brought us the June 2021 Android and One UI patch details, which show fixes for over 6 dozen CVEs from Google and Samsung.
Well, here we’re talking about the eligible Galaxy devices for new software updates. It’s worth mentioning that Samsung has various segments such as Galaxy S and Galaxy Note, and these models get new s/w upgrades on a monthly, quarterly, and biannual basis.
These new software updates include – new CVE fixes, security patches, system stability improvements, additional features, OS upgrades, One UI versions, and more. Usually, Samsung provides new security patches every month to the flagships, while mid-ranger and budgets get quarterly for 3 years since the official launch.
Earlier this year, the South Korean tech giant announced that it will now provide regular security updates for four years to the Galaxy devices launched in/after 2019. But, there’s a catch! In the extended fourth year, Samsung will provide only two new security updates and will discontinue official support.
Eligible Samsung Devices For New Software Updates [Update Schedule]
[June 08, 2021] Samsung released the revised software update eligibility and schedule for Galaxy devices.
Eligible devices for monthly software updates –
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10 5G, Galaxy Note 10+, Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 20 5G, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G
Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover 4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5
Eligible devices for quarterly software updates –
- Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A40, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A01 Core, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40
- Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51, Galaxy M12
- Galaxy F62, Galaxy F52 5G
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab Active2, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Enterprise Models: Galaxy A8 (2018)
Eligible devices for biannually software updates –
- Galaxy S8 Lite, Galaxy Note FE
- Galaxy A6, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A8+ (2018), Galaxy A8 Star, Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018), Galaxy A2 Core, Galaxy A10, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70
- Galaxy J2 Core, Galaxy J3 (2017), Galaxy J3 Top, Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4+, Galaxy J4 Core, Galaxy J5 (2017), Galaxy J6, Galaxy J6+, Galaxy J7 (2017), Galaxy J7 Duo, Galaxy J7 Prime2, Galaxy J7 Top, Galaxy J7 Max, Galaxy J7 Neo, Galaxy J7+, Galaxy J8
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30
- Galaxy Tab A (2017), Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab E 8 Refresh, Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S Pen, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy View2
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get news in graphics on Instagram
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – [email protected]
Samsung Galaxy M33 gets One UI 6.0 (Android 14) goodness
Stable One UI 6 update brings a host of enhancements and features to the Galaxy M33, such as redesigned UI elements, enhanced privacy and security options, improved performance and battery life, and more.
It also includes the November 2023 security patch, which fixes several vulnerabilities and bugs. In addition, it updates several stock apps to the latest available version.
Samsung is expected to expand the rollout to other regions soon, especially in the Indian subcontinent, where the Galaxy M series phones are very popular. If you own a Galaxy M33, you can check for the update by going to Settings >> Software update >> tapping on Download and Install.
Samsung Galaxy A33 users can now enjoy One UI 6.0 (Android 14) features
Samsung has kicked off the One UI 6.0 update for the Galaxy A33 smartphone, which brings a bundle of new features and enhancements to provide a next-level experience. This major update is currently rolling out in Europe and the company will expand it soon.
One UI 6 Stable update for Samsung Galaxy A33 smartphone can identify the latest update through version A336BXXU7DWK6 and an installation package size of 2.3GB.
One UI 6 update arrives with new features and improvements such as a redesigned user interface with smoother animations, a revamped notification panel and quick settings, improved privacy and security settings, enhanced camera performance and modes, new widgets, and more.
The latest update also includes the November 2023 security patch, which fixes several vulnerabilities in the Android OS and Samsung’s software.
Users who have received the update can install it from Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install. The update aims to provide an amazing experience for devices.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these Samsung devices
Millions of Samsung consumers are eligible for the One UI 6.0 update. Before the October end, Samsung started to release the Stable Android 14-based One UI 6.0 to the Galaxy S23 series devices. The expansion will continue along with new Galaxy devices in the update party.
Back in August, the South Korean tech giant started its Android 14 Beta Program, which took about two months to transform into Stable One UI 6.0 update. Notably, various Galaxy devices (mid-range and flagships) were able to test Android 14 through the One UI 6 in certain markets.
Samsung will continue to distribute the Stable One UI 6.0 update to eligible Galaxy devices globally. Months ago, we compiled a list of Galaxies eligible for the Beta and Stable update. Similarly, we are now keeping track of Stable build’s availability for Galaxy devices.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these devices
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S23 FE
- Galaxy S21 FE [Verizon]
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 5
- Galaxy Z Flip 5
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A54
- Galaxy A34
- Galaxy A24
- Galaxy A14
- Galaxy A73
- Galaxy A53
- Galaxy A33
- Galaxy A52s
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M53
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S9/S9+/S9 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8/S8+/S8 Ultra
Note: Availability varies by region and carrier.
Top features and changes of One UI 6.0
- Redesigned Quick Settings and Notifications panel.
- New lockscreen customizations.
- New font and simpler icon labels.
- Tweaks in the Camera app.
- Modes are directly tied to the lock screen.
- Bixby Text Call now supports more languages.
- New Weather and Camera widgets.
- Richer data in the Weather app.
- New emoji style in Samsung Keyboard.
- Multitasking improvements in the Gallery app.
- New Auto Blocker feature (blocks app installation from unauthorized app stores).
- You can check the complete changelog here.