Based on Android 11, the Samsung One UI 3.0 brings many changes in the user interface of the Galaxy devices and you can quickly notice them in the quick settings panel, settings menu, the app drawer, and other parts of the UI.
Samsung already started the One UI 3.0 beta update for the Galaxy S20 and Note 20 devices. Alongside these new devices, the company has also started testing One UI 3.0 beta for previous flagships including the Galaxy Note 10 series but the beta program is currently limited to some users.
The One UI 3.0 beta 2 update is out for the US unlocked Galaxy Note 10 Plus devices but it is available to download in limited countries. However, if you have not received this update via OTA, you can also download and install it manually from the links given below. You can only download the second One UI 3.0 beta on your device if you have already installed beta 1.
There is a way to experience the new features offers by One UI 3.0 beta by manually installing the One UI beta build on Galaxy Note 10+ devices.
Here in this article, you can find step by step guide on how you can download and install the latest One UI 3.0 beta on your Galaxy Note 10+ (Exynos version) devices.
Before you proceed:
- Read all Notes and instructions carefully ahead of the procedure.
- Perform the tasks as mentioned.
- You are required to download the One UI 3.0 package.
*For the best experience, We recommend users to wait for the One UI 3.0 beta program to start in your country or for Samsung to roll out the OTA update instead of installing it manually*
There are two methods to do this. The first is the ADB method and the second one is the SD-card method. It’s recommended that you first use the SDCard process instead of ADB.
Click the links below to download the One UI 3.0 beta package for Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ devices (Exynos version) (update.zip):
Click the links below to download the One UI 3.0 beta packages for Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ devices (Snapdragon version) (update.zip):
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (N975U1) – One UI 3.0 beta 1
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus (N975U1) – One UI 3.0 beta 2
In case the download doesn’t start, then copy the mentioned link and open it from your web browser.
Let’s begin with the SD card method.
This is the second method after the ADB method. If you are not able to update your device using the previous ADB method you can try this method, it is simpler.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the bin file and rename it as update.zip.
- You can rename the file by going through the file option in windows 10 on your PC.
- Then copy the file to the file directory of your SD-card
Now, set up your device, to do this:
- Hold the Power+Volume up button of your device to go to the stock recovery mode.
- Now go to the ‘update via SD-card’ option
- To do this use the volume up and volume down buttons for navigating between the option and power button to select the option.
- Then select the update.zip file by using the volume buttons and select the file using the power button
- After you press the power button the process will start.
- Now, wait until the process completes. It will take some time
- After the process completes the phone will automatically reboot.
For this method, you will require a PC, a USB cable to connect the device to the PC, and the device.
Start by downloading the SDK platform tool on your desktop which is available on the Android studio. You can download it from the link given below.
Now follow these steps given below:
- Extract the file on your desktop
- Place the update.zip file inside the extracted folder
- Now open the command prompt you can do that by holding the left shift, right-click the mouse and then select ‘open command prompt here’.
- The command prompt will open
Now set up your device, to do this:
- Shut down the phone
- Enter into recovery mode by holding the Power+volume up buttons.
- Select the ‘update via ADB’ recovery mode (To scroll up or down press the volume up and volume down button and to select the option press the power button).
- Now connect the phone to the PC using the Samsung USC cable.
- Now go to the command prompt enter the following command: ‘./adb devices’.
- Wait for some time and you will discover that the process is started and your device is found.
- After your device is recognized run the following command: ‘./adb sideload update.zip’
The final process will now start and you will see the percentage on your screen. The process may take some time, do not remove the cable, disconnect your phone, or power off your PC.
After the completion of the process, the phone will automatically reboot and then you can disconnect your phone.
- For now, after installing the beta update it isn’t possible to reboot into recovery via the Volume UP + power button.
- You will have to use ADB for that: “./adb reboot recovery”
- For reboot to Download mode use the following command: “./adb reboot download”
- Installing via this way shouldn’t trigger the KNOX warranty void.
- However: updating to Beta is your own choice, no one is responsible if anything goes wrong