One UI 3.0 is based on Android 11 and it’s under beta testing for several Samsung flagships. According to the information, One UI 3.0 comes with new features and improvements to the user interface such as a new notification bar, redesigned settings menu, better animations, and more.
Currently, not every Samsung smartphone owner is eligible to test this latest One UI software version but if you are, then below you can check everything that’s required to know before participating in Samsung One UI 3.0 beta program.
- Samsung One UI 3.0 Features: Latest, Changed, Improved, and Optimized
- Everything about the Samsung One UI 3.0: Eligible devices, beta update, features, and release date
- Samsung One UI 3.0: Latest News, Eligible Devices, Features, and Release Date
- What is the One Ul Beta Program？
- What does it cost to participate in the One UI 3.0 Beta Program?
- How do I participate in the One UI Beta Program？
- Do I need to back up the data on my device before I use the beta software?
- How do I install the One UI 3.0 beta software on my device?
- If an error occurs while installing the beta software, what do I do?
- How do I send feedback to Samsung?
- I needed to reset my device. Can I reinstall the beta software?
- How do I withdraw or remove the One UI 3.0 beta software?
- When will be the official One UI 3.0 version available?
- Where to ask other questions?
- It’s recommended that you back up your important data to keep it safe from any unexpected errors that may occur during the beta software testing or during upgrades.
- Certain features may not work in some apps as below.
- Please update your apps by Galaxy Store after the Software update.
1. What is the One Ul Beta Program？
The One UI Beta Program is owned, manage, and operated solely by Samsung. Its purpose is to create a better, more reliable operating system and user experience（UX）for Samsung devices, based on user feedback. As a beta program participant, you can preview new features and UX for the latest Android operating system version, and submit feedback about its performance, stability, and usability.
Important Note: To participate in the One UI Beta Program, you need to install beta software. Beta software is intended for testing purposes only and may contain bugs, errors, and inaccuracies or behave unexpectedly. Some software features may also be incomplete or missing.
The beta software is provided “as is” and “as available, without any warranty of any kind from Samsung. Samsung expressly disclaims any and all warranties of any kind，whether express or implied.
Your use of the beta software is at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage that results from the use of the beta software including loss of data. Samsung will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to participating in the One UI Beta Program.
2. What does it cost to participate in the One UI Beta Program
There is no cost for participating in the One UI Beta Program. However, you are responsible for expenses related to using a data network connection to download the beta software or upload error logs. Connecting to Wi-Fi before downloading beta software is highly recommended.
3. How do I participate in the One UI Beta Program？
To participate in the One UI Beta Program, you must register through the Samsung Members application on your device：
- In the Samsung Members application, login with your Samsung Account. if you do not have a Samsung Account，create an account at the Samsung Account site.
- Select “Notice> Registration for One UI Beta Program”
- Complete and submit the application form. If you meet the participation criteria，you are enrolled in the One Ul Beta Program.
4. Do I need to back up the data on my device before I use the beta software?
Before installing the beta software, it is highly recommended to back up your data to your computer with the Smart Switch PC version. Unexpected behavior in beta software can cause data loss.
5. How do I install the beta software on my device?
You must be enrolled in the One UI Beta Program to install the beta software. To avoid compatibility issues, before installing the beta software, make sure all applications on the device are updated to the latest version available.
To install the beta software, on your device, select “Settings> Software update> Download and install”.
Beta software updates are rolled out gradually to One UI Beta Program participants.
6. If an error occurs while installing the beta software, what do I do?
If an error occurs during beta software installation and you can no longer use your device, contact the nearest Samsung Service Center.
7. How do I send feedback to Samsung?
User feedback is submitted through the Samsung Members application on your device:
To provide feedback on bugs or errors in beta software, in the Samsung Members application, select “Beta feedback > Send feedback”.
Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.
- To provide UX or Ul-related feedback, such as usability or feature suggestions, select “Beta community> Suggestions”.
8. I needed to reset my device. Can I reinstall the beta software?
Yes. You can update the software to the latest official version or reset it in a Service Center.
As long as you are enrolled in the One UI Beta Program, you can re-install the beta software by running a software update on the device. To run the update, on your device, select “Settings> Software update> Download and install”.
Note: This option is only available if you have not opted out or canceled your participation in the One UI Beta Program.
9. How do I withdraw or remove the One UI 3.0 beta software?
- To withdraw from the Beta program, you must apply for withdrawal through the Samsung Members application on your device. (“Settings> One UI Beta Program status> Withdraw” menu)
- To remove the beta software, perform a rollback to the previous release version, using the Smart Switch PC version on your computer. The rollback resets the device and removes data generated during beta testing.
Note: If you backed up your device data to your computer with Smart Switch, you can restore the data after the rollback process. To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select “Downgrade”.
If you need assistance having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call Samsung Customer care for further assistance.
10. When will be the official One UI 3.0 version available?
Currently, there’s no exact date available for the rollout of the One UI 3.0 stable version. The release version will be provided as soon as beta feedback is analyzed and improvements are implemented. Until then, you can continue to use the beta software version. When the release version is provided, update it.
11. I have more questions about the One UI Beta Program. Where can I ask them?
To ask a question about the One UI Beta Program, in the Samsung Members application on your device, select “Beta community> Questions”.