Article first published on February 26, 2021…
Based on the Android operating system, Samsung One UI is the best ever custom skin among all the OEMs. Starting the Android 9-based One UI 1 to the latest Android 12-based One UI 4.0, the Korean tech giant introduced various new features, changes, and improvements with every iteration.
On November 15, the company officially launched the stable One UI 4.0 software system based on the Android 12 operating system. At the same time, Samsung confirmed that the One UI 4.0 update rollout will begin for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra phones from now on. Read more
Update: Samsung launched the One UI 4.1 version, based on Android 12, on March 15, 2022.
Starting the Galaxy S21 series devices, the company is committed to delivering the major Android upgrade to every single flagship and numerous mid-range and budget smartphones. Meanwhile, a large group of phones/tablets is waiting to get the Android 12 update.
Update: Samsung is now bringing the One UI 4.1 update to various Galaxy devices directly with the Android 12.
Jump to page:
One UI 4.0 Release Date – November 15, 2021
Samsung officially launched the stable One UI 4.0 software system based on Android 12 operating system. The company said that the One UI 4.0 update rollout will begin for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra phones from now on. Read more
- You can check the One UI 4.0 Update Roadmap
Samsung One UI 4.0: Features
Based on Android 12, the One UI 4.0 delivers even more personal, safe and effortless experiences on your device. Featuring a totally reimagined interface just for you, new privacy features that are designed for your safety and put you in control, and more seamless ways to get right to your gameplay or even switch to a new device.
Personalization – Starting with Android 12 on Pixel devices, you’ll be able to completely personalize your phone with a custom color palette and redesigned widgets. Using what we call color extraction, you choose your wallpaper and the system automatically determines which colors are dominant, which ones are complementary and which ones just look great. It then applies those colors across the entire OS: the notification shade, the lock screen, the volume controls, new widgets and much more.
Fluid motion and animations – From the moment you pick up an Android 12 device, you’ll feel how it comes alive with every tap, swipe and scroll. Your phone quickly responds to your touch with smooth motion and animations.
We’ve also simplified interactions and recrafted the entire underlying system to make your experience more fluid and efficient. Your Android devices are now faster and more responsive with better power efficiency so you can use your device for longer without a charge.
This was achieved by some under-the-hood improvements including reducing the CPU time needed for core system services by up to 22% and reducing the use of big cores by the system server by up to 15%.
Redesigned system spaces – Some of the most important spaces on your phone — like your notification shade, quick settings and even the power button — have been purposefully reimagined to help you get things done.
The notification shade is more intuitive and playful, with a crisp, at-a-glance view of your app notifications, whatever you’re currently listening to or watching, and Quick Settings that let you control practically the entire operating system with a swipe and a tap.
The Quick Settings space doesn’t just look and feel different. It’s been rebuilt to include Google Pay and Home Controls, while still allowing for customization so you can have everything you need most in one easy-to-access place.
To make sure you always have help from Google at your fingertips, you can now long press the power button to invoke Assistant to make a phone call, open apps, ask questions or read aloud text-heavy articles.
Private and secure by design – Android 12 includes new features that give you more transparency around which apps are accessing your data, and more controls so you can make informed choices about how much private information your apps can access.
The new Privacy Dashboard offers a single view into your permissions settings as well as what data is being accessed, how often and by which apps. It also lets you easily revoke app permissions right from the dashboard.
We’ve added a new indicator to the top right of your status bar so you know when your apps are accessing your microphone or camera. And if you want to remove app access to these sensors for the entire system, we’ve added two new toggles in Quick Settings.
We’re also giving you more control over how much information you share with apps. With new approximate location permissions, apps can be limited to seeing just your approximate location instead of a precise one. For example, weather apps don’t need your precise location to offer an accurate forecast.
Samsung One UI 4.0: Device List/Eligible Devices [Sammy Fans]
At the Galaxy Unpacked 2020, Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 20 series. At the event, the company announced its three years of Android upgrade guarantee for every flagship phone/tablet and select Galaxy A series devices.
Update: Samsung is now committed to bringing four generations of OS upgrades to flagship Galaxy devices launched in 2021 or later.
On the basis of Samsung’s latest Android update policy, our team prepared a list of the devices that are confirmed to get the upcoming Android 12 and One UI 4.0 over the air.
Samsung Galaxy Z Series:
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Fold 5G
Samsung Galaxy S Series:
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 5G
- Galaxy S20 5G UW
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW
- Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Note Series:
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Tab Series:
- Galaxy Tab S7
- Galaxy Tab S7 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab Active 3
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy Tab A8 – New
Samsung Galaxy A Series:
- Galaxy A03 – New
- Galaxy A13 – New
- Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy A51 5G
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A32 4G
- Galaxy A52
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy A72
- Galaxy A22
- Galaxy A22 5G
- Galaxy A22e
- Galaxy A03s
- Galaxy A52s
- Galaxy A21 Simple (Japan)
Samsung Galaxy M Series:
- Galaxy M12
- Galaxy M62
- Galaxy M42 5G
- Galaxy M32
- Galaxy M52 5G
- Galaxy M22
Samsung Galaxy F Series:
- Galaxy F41
- Galaxy F62
- Galaxy F12
- Galaxy F52 5G
- Galaxy F22
- Galaxy F42 5G – New
Samsung Galaxy XCover Series:
- Galaxy XCover 5
- Galaxy XCover Pro
One UI 4.0 Latest News [April 16]
One UI 4.0 update rollout has been concluded following the debut of the new Android 12-based One UI 4.1. You can read everything about the One UI 4.1 update here.
One UI 4.0 update rollout – “Concluded”
March 29, 2022
Samsung has started releasing One UI 4.1 based on Android 12 for Galaxy F62 smartphones in India. This major update brings several new features and improvements over its predecessor UI for a smoother experience. Read more
March 28, 2022
Samsung has started rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update for Galaxy A51 smartphone users. This is the first Android 12 update for the device as the Galaxy A51 has jumped straight to One UI 4.1, bypassing One UI 4.0. Read more
March 25, 2022
Samsung began rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update for the Galaxy M52 5G smartphone users in India. This is the first Android 12 update for the device as skipping One UI 4.0, Galaxy M52 has directly jumped to One UI 4.1. Read more
March 10, 2022
- A long break after, Samsung has finally released the anticipated Android 12-based One UI 4.0 upgrade to the Galaxy A71 smartphone users. While the update rollout is initially happening in Hong Kong, consumers should wait for a few days until the expansion begins. Read more
February 24, 2022
- Earlier, Samsung announced the Galaxy S22 series devices that come pre-loaded with Android 12-based One UI 4.1. It’s expected that the upcoming Samsung Android 12 updates might include the One UI version 4.1 instead of the One UI 4.0. Read more
February 23, 2022
- Samsung has officially launched the 2022 edition of the amazing Good Lock application with more improved performance as well as optimization with the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 software. Read more
February 9, 2022
- At the Galaxy Unpacked 2022, Samsung launched the Galaxy S22 flagship lineup, consisting of the Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. Following its tradition, the company is shipping the latest Galaxy S phones with a newer version of One UI, which is the One UI 4.1.
February 07, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy M21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 build under development. Read more
January 27, 2022
- Android 12 (One UI 4.0) update destroyed Gmail, VPN on Samsung devices with Microsoft Intune. Read more
January 26, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy A52s Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update released in India. Read more
- US unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ gets Android 12 One UI 4.0 update. Read more
January 25, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE users reported several issues on One UI 4.0 (Android 12). Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G receiving Android 12 One UI 4.0 update in India and Brazil. Read more
January 25, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy M31 One UI 4.0 (Android 12) test build appeared on Checkfirm. Read more
January 20, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy A71 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update spotted on Checkfirm. Read more
January 15, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE LTE/5G receiving Android 12 One UI 4.0 update in India. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A42 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update starts rolling out in Europe and US. Read more
January 13, 2022
- Android 12’s Extra Dim disappeared after One UI 4.0 update on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and S10. Read more
- [AT&T/T-Mobile/Verizon] Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 FE get Android 12 One UI 4.0 update in the USA. Read more
- Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update released for Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G in Europe. Read more
December 30, 2021
- Samsung released official Android 12 One UI 4.0 to Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra. Read more
- Samsung postpones Galaxy S20 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update to next year! Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 gets official Android 12 One UI 4.0 update. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (5G too) One UI 4.0 Android 12 rollout begins! Read more
December 29, 2021
- Samsung Galaxy S20 gets official Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update. Read more
- Breaking: Samsung resumes Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update rollout! Read more
- Samsung working on a new One UI 4.0 (Android 12) build, including a Google patch. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S10 third One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) coming next week. Read more
- No more One UI 4 Beta, Samsung Galaxy S20 will soon get stable Android 12 update. Read more
- Samsung delayed Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 rollout due to Google Play issue. Read more
- Samsung will release One UI 4.1 in February 2022, starting Galaxy S21, Note 20. Read more
- New Samsung QuickStar update ditches One UI 4 unavailability prompt, fixes issues. Read more
- Latest LockStar update brings reset buttons, Music widget guide to Samsung phones running One UI 4. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 gets fourth One UI 4 Beta update in South Korea. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold/Flip 3 get fourth One UI 4 Beta update, stable awaited. Read more
- Several Samsung Galaxy phones have audio issues, in One UI 4 too!. Read more
- Samsung Kids One UI 4 update helps kids grow good digital habits. Read more
- PSA: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 One UI 4 Beta bug fix list has a bug. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3, Flip 3 stable Android 12 One UI 4.0 update rollout suspended. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S10, Note 10 second One UI 4 Beta fixes numerous issues in Android 12. Read more
- Samsung updates Galaxy Watch 4 Plugin with One UI 4 blessings. Read more
- Galaxy S21 FE may be Samsung’s first phone with Android 12 One UI 4.0. Read more
- Samsung’s Android 12-based One UI 4.0 coming to Galaxy A71 in April 2022. Read more
- Samsung introduced One UI 4.0-based Reminders app. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5G gets second One UI 4 Beta update, December 2021 patch. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3/Flip 3 grab stable One UI 4.0 Android 12 update. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21 gets Android 12 One UI 4.0 update in Canada. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 One UI 4 Beta 3 brings various bug fixes. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S20 gets third One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) update in South Korea, fixes severe issues. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 12 One UI 4 Beta program official in South Korea. Read more
- Samsung released One UI 4 Beta 3 for Galaxy Note 20 in the US, South Korea. Read more
Samsung begins Galaxy Note 10 Android 12 One UI 4 Beta program in South Korea. Read more
Stable One UI 4.0 (Android 12) coming soon for Samsung Galaxy S20. Read more
New Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update rolling out for Galaxy S21 series in India, South Korea. Read more
Check out our latest review on Samsung One UI 4.0’s simplified, organized and elegant designs. Know more
PSA: You need to update these Samsung apps after installing the latest Android 12-based One UI 4.0 build
- Samsung Internet
- Samsung Members
- Smart Switch
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 getting One UI 4 Beta 3 in the US with December 2021 security patch and more. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S21 gets its first software update after upgrading Android 12/One UI 4.0. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S20 gets One UI 4 Beta 2 with December 2021 security patch, 120Hz issue fix in India. Read more
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 2 improves performance. Read more
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 One UI 4 Beta 2 released with 120Hz issue fix, December 2021 patch. Read more
Verizon rolls out Samsung Galaxy S21 screen refresh rate issue fix with new Android 12 One UI 4.0 update. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra gets Pro Mode for Telephoto lens with Expert RAW app, thanks to Android 12/One UI 4.0. Read more
Samsung SmartThings receive Android 12 One UI 4 support with new update. Read more
Samsung expanded Galaxy S20, Note 20 Android 12 One UI 4 Beta to South Korea. Read more
Samsung Notes update brings Android 12 One UI 4 support with new features and fixes. Read more
Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) Beta official for Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Flip 4G/5G. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S21 One UI 4.0 makes Gallery UI more customized, enhanced with Android 12 update. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S10 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update coming next month to crush Gear VR. Read more
Samsung DeX gets One UI 4 Andriod 12 support. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S21 Update: One UI 4 Beta 3 (US) and Beta 2 (India) with November 2021 patch
One UI 4.0 adds customized settings and enhanced features to Samsung Gallery
Galaxy Z Fold 3 next in line for Samsung’ Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta
Samsung One UI 4.0 brings redesigned, customized widgets for effortless navigation
First Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) introduction video out
Galaxy S21 Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta has no Samsung Bixby vibration feedback for some
Recently, well-known industry insider IceUniverse revealed that the One UI development team did several optimizations on the widget animation. As result, the Galaxy S21 devices are likely to gain these new widget animations alongside the next, One UI 4 Beta 3. Read more
According to the information, T-Mobile US confirmed that it has started Android 12-based One UI 4.0 development on the Samsung Galaxy S21 series. Read more
As per the latest news via tipster IceUniverse, “Samsung’s internal One UI 4 has reached the Beta 9 version, and many bugs have been added”. Read more
Samsung One UI Beta Manager in South Korea confirmed that the One UI 4 Beta 2 update will be released next week. At the same time, the official confirmed that the engineers are working to deliver more stability to the system with the next One UI 4 Beta. Read more
Gboard beta adds more Material You redesign and Dynamic Color theme on Android 12 Read more
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) has nothing to surprise: Leak Read more
Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta brings Samsung’s battery protection feature to Galaxy S21
Samsung expands Remote Test Lab for Galaxy S21 (One UI 4 Beta), Z Fold 3 and Flip 3
Samsung One UI 4 Beta adds Mic and Camera access quick settings with Android 12 update
Samsung’s Android 12 update enables Google Play Store icon packs for One UI 4 Beta members
Samsung Members gets big update for better One UI 4 Beta activities
Samsung confirms 8 One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) compatible Good Lock modules
Samsung updates official webpage for One UI 4 Beta based on Android 12
Samsung’s Android 12 update brings eSIM support to Galaxy S21 with One UI 4 Beta
Samsung One UI 4 Beta brings Android 12 to Galaxy S21 in the US and Europe
Samsung Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta Changelog is here!
Breaking: Samsung Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 1 (ZUID) released for Galaxy S21 series
Samsung confirmed One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) will available in these 7 countries
Samsung officially announces One UI 4 Beta based on Android 12 for Galaxy S21 series
Samsung One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) delayed to October! Read more
Google could launch official Android 12 on October 4. Read more
Another Samsung Android 12 feature revealed ahead of One UI 4 Beta release. Read more
Android 12.1 is next in line after the official launch of Android 12. Read more
Samsung One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) release reportedly delayed. Read more
No icon changes with One UI 4, Samsung Email gets Android 12 support. Read more
Samsung Galaxy S21 One UI 4 Beta test firmware ‘ZUI4’ revealed (Android 12). Read more
Samsung teased One UI 4 Beta program, eligible phones and release date for Germany. Read more
Samsung launched Android 12 One UI 4 Beta for Galaxy S21 series in Korea. Read more
Samsung’s One UI 4 Beta brings new charging animation with Android 12 update. Read more
Breaking: Samsung Galaxy S21 internal One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) released in China! Read more
Samsung One UI 4 Beta (Android 12) coming to the US for Galaxy S21 unlocked, T-Mobile and Sprint variants. Read more
EXCLUSIVE: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Android 12 One UI 4.0 update release date is here! Read more
Samsung reportedly releasing the first Android 12-based One UI 4 Developers Beta
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with Android 12 One UI 4 Beta spotted in the US
Exclusive: Samsung releasing Android 12 support for a popular Good Lock module
[20/08/2021] One UI 4 Discussion Forum is now live in the US
The Galaxy S21 series smartphone users can now discuss and share their feedback for the upcoming One UI 4 update based on Android 12. Moreover, you can also share tips for the unreleased One UI version 4.
[18/08/2021] One UI 4.0 to enable SoundAssistant in DeX mode
Samsung’s Android 12 One UI 4.0 update to enable SoundAssistant in DeX mode as Good Lock engineer confirmed to review the possibilities of enabling it.
[07/08/2021] One UI 4.0 spotted on Galaxy S21 smartphone!
Popular tipster revealed that the next version of Samsung’s Android 12-based custom software system, the One UI 4.0 is on the way. Moreover, the same source said that the One UI 4.0 update will come with enough freshness to your Samsung smartphone. Read more
[28/07/2021] One UI 4.0 Beta to bring big UI changes
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) leak hints at big cosmetic changes. Read more
[28/07/2021] Samsung’s whole day drama on Galaxy S21’s One UI 4.0 Beta
- Breaking: Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Beta officially announced!. Read more
- Samsung ditched Galaxy S21’s One UI 4.0 Android 12 Beta announcement. Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21, S20 One UI 4.0 Beta release date reportedly emerged. Read more
[27/07/2021] Galaxy Tab S8 to come with One UI 4.0
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 lineup with big battery, One UI 4.0 to launch alongside S22 series. Read more
[23/07/2021] One UI 4.0 Beta could announce later this month
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) Beta announcement could happen later this month. Read more
[12/07/2021] Samsung delayed One UI 4.0 Beta announcement, internal name leaked
Breaking: Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) release delayed, internal name (SOS) revealed. Read more
[07/07/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 release date tipped
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 (Beta) to debut next week, Galaxy S21 will grab first. Read more
[01/07/2021] Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 concept
You need to see these Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 12 update 3D renders!. Read here
[26/06/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 codename revealed
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) codename “Palette” hints big visual revamp. Read more
[24/06/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 test will begin next month
BREAKING: Samsung to start One UI 4.0 (Android 12) testing for Galaxy S flagships next month. Read more
[19/06/2021] Samsung starts Android 12 One UI 4.0 development
Recently, well-known tipster Max Weinbach revealed that Samsung has started the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 development for the Galaxy S21 series. Read more here
[18/06/2021] Samsung to introduce One UI 4.0 in October
In October or November, Samsung is expected to introduce the next generation of its custom software system for Galaxy devices, One UI 4.0 based on Google’s Android 12. Read more here
[16/06/2021] Here’s your first look at the Android 12-based One UI 4.0
A user shared a video clip on Reddit showing off his Galaxy device running the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. It reveals that Samsung adopted the major design changes of Google’s latest Android OS. Source
* Original article published on February 19, 2021.*
Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11 and A01 One UI 4.1.1 Update Info (2022)
Samsung has rolled out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0/One UI 4.1 updates to many eligible devices. And now that Samsung’s new custom software update – One UI 4.1.1 is coming, the attention of users has shifted in that direction.
Alongside many flagships and new smartphones, Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11, and A01 are also officially confirmed to get the One UI 4.1.1 update, on the basis of Samsung’s Android upgrade policy.
If you own a Galaxy A series smartphone and are interested to get connected with the latest news on Samsung Android 12 and One UI 4.1.1 development for your device, you should bookmark this article as it will be updated regularly with new and authentic information.
One UI 4.1.1 Release Plan:
Last year, Samsung brought the One UI 3.1.1 custom software update for its Galaxy device owners alongside the release of the Galaxy Z Foldable lineup. This year, the company seems to be following the same plan.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 are expected to enter the markets sometime in August this year. The new foldable will bring a new iteration of the One UI software system which is One UI 4.1.1.
Galaxy A71 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
April 30, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.1 update released
The Galaxy A71 smartphone owners have started getting the Android 12 One UI 4.1 update. The comes with revamped color palette, the ability to turn off GOS, object and shadow eraser, Smart Calendar, Galaxy S22-inspired camera modes, Grammarly-powered keyboard, and much more.
March 10, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update released
Finally, Samsung has started releasing the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 for Galaxy A71 users. This major firmware update is available for the Galaxy A71 consumers in Hong Kong. Read more here.
January 29, 2022 – Checkfirm detected One UI 4.0 test build
A few days ago, the One UI test build detection app – Checkfirm spotted a new One UI update build that had been tested on the Galaxy A71. Read more
As you can see in the screenshots below, a new One UI update firmware has been tested on the Galaxy A71 LTE bearing PDA build number – A715FXXU8CVA5.
December 8, 2021 – One UI 4.0 to release in April 2022
Recently, a Galaxy A71 owner reached Samsung support, virtually, to know when will the company release a new software update as it has not received any in the last three months.
According to a Samsung rep., the Galaxy A71 will get a major software update in April 2022, which will be the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. Read more here
Galaxy A51 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
March 31, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
While the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone users have already received the One UI 4.1 update in some countries, Verizon is rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for the device in the United States. Read more
March 28, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
Samsung has started to release the most-awaited Android 12 update to the Galaxy A51 smartphone users. Initially, the update rollout has begun in India, while the company has included both the One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 versions as well as the February 2022 security patch. Read more
Galaxy A41 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
May 18, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1 update
Samsung started rolling out the stable Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy A41 smartphone users. The update rollout is currently happening in the Russian market, sporting firmware version – A415FXXU1DVDB. Read more
Galaxy A31 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
May 11, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1 update
Samsung released the One UI 4.1 custom software update based on Android 12 OS in February. So far, many Galaxy device owners have received this update while the Galaxy A31 is the latest to grab it in Russia. Read more
Galaxy A21/A21s Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
July 05, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1
Samsung has begun releasing the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy A21s smartphone users in Russia. It comes with June 2022 security patch as well, in order to keep your device secure against threats and viruses. Read more
Galaxy A11 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
Samsung released the January 2022 security update to the Galaxy A11 smartphone users. The update fixes numerous privacy and security-related vulnerabilities including 2 critical, 36 high, and 5 moderate levels of CVEs. Read more
Galaxy A01 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
- To be added!
This article will be updated regularly!
Samsung One UI 4.1 Update Changelog!
Back in March 2022, Samsung has begun releasing the new One UI 4.1 update based on Android 12 to the Galaxy devices, starting with the S21 series. After, the company started rolling out the new One UI variant to older flagship phones, while, it’s now heading for the remaining models that are eligible to get Android 12.
The all-new One UI 4.1 brings a lot of additional features, compared to the One UI 4.0. to the Galaxy devices. All of the newly arriving features are aimed to make your Galaxy experience more intuitive, more fun, more secure, and easier than ever.
From Camera and Gallery to Colour Pallete and Game Optimizing Service, the brand-new One UI 4.1 introduces many significant changes that are not limited to the addition of new features. By looking at the official changelog, it has been revealed that the One UI 4.1 is massively inspired by the new Samsung Galaxy S22 series features.
Check out Samsung One UI 4.1 changelog below
- It’s easier than ever to capture great photos and videos.
- Enhanced night portraits
- Take stunning portraits, even in low light. Night shots are now supported in Portrait mode.
- Get the full director’s view
- You can save your director’s view videos with separate front and rear videos so you can edit them later, even after you’re done recording. When you play them back in the Video player, you can switch between different views such as split-screen or picture-in-picture.
- Do more with your memories. Gallery brings enhanced features for remastering and organizing your pictures and videos, and sharing is now easier than ever.
- Powerful remastering
- Make your photos look better than ever. Sharpen blurry faces, fix distortion on TVs or computer screens, and increase brightness and resolution.
- More suggestions
- Get help creating artistic portraits and exciting highlight reels. Gallery will suggest the best effects for your pictures.
- Add portrait effects
- You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting
- Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images
- Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links
- No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together
- Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- Create time lapse videos
- Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
- Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers
- Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Background colors in mask mode
- Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls
- You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join video calls in presentation mode
- During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition
- Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits
- Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking
- On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More transfer options
- You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- SmartThings Find
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind
- Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together
- You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi network
- Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos
- When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- Share tips with others
- Find something useful in the Tips app? Tap the Share icon to send it to a friend.
More features and improvements
- Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Your Galaxy just got a lot smarter. When you start adding an event to your calendar, your device will suggest a title and time based on text messages and other activity on your phone. You’ll get similar suggestions in Calendar, Reminder, Keyboard, Messages, and other apps.
Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor
- Shadows and reflections will be removed automatically whenever you use the Object eraser.
Add emojis to your calendar
- In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
Take quick notes while you browse
- Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard
- Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
More widely available keyboard options
- Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
Customize your sound balance
- In Accessibility settings, you can adjust the left/right sound balance for connected devices, such as speakers or headphones, separately from the sound balance for your phone speakers. This allows you to get the perfect balance out of your headphones without affecting how your ringtone and speakers sound.
New actions for Bixby Routines
- You can now create routines that change your watch face or turn on advanced settings like Protect battery.
Customize your virtual memory
- Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
Game optimizing service
- CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
Note: Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
Samsung Galaxy A21s users can now enjoy Android 12 One UI 4.1
As part of beginning the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program later this month, Samsung is regularly providing the last year’s One UI 4 based on Android 12 upgrade to the remaining Galaxy devices. The Galaxy M11 and Galaxy A02s have recently got access to Android 12, while the Galaxy A21s is the most recent entry.
The Galaxy A21s smartphone users can now enjoy the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 features as Samsung has just begun the upgrade rollout with firmware version A217FXXU8DVF6. Starting in Russia, it’s likely to expand to more consumers in other regions and markets in the coming days/weeks.
Besides new features, the latest Galaxy A21s upgrade installs June 2022 Android security patches for better system stability and security. It’s worth mentioning that the June 2022 patch brings fixes to over 60 bugs and viruses in order to maintain the system’s security.
Last year, Google launched the Android 12 operating system, which brings radical design changes to the user interface. However, Samsung didn’t use whole new changes of the new OS for its One UI 4.1 software, while including significant upgrades compared to the 3.1.
One UI 4.1 is based on Android 12 OS, bringing a lot of new features and minor UI changes to Galaxy consumers. It adds Google’s Material You Dynamic Theming that paints the entire UI with a dominant color picked from the homescreen wallpaper set up by the user… continue reading