Samsung unveiled the One UI 4.1.1 based on Android 12L with Galaxy Z Fold 4 at Galaxy Unpacked 2022 event on August 10. After that, the company released this major update for Galaxy Tab S8. At the moment, One UI 4.1.1 is the newest stable One UI build.
Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 brings a bundle of new features and improvements including taskbar appearance, apps name in Edge Panels, text extraction feature, smart suggestions, new calling options, lock screen wallpaper, and more.
The Korean tech giant released One UI 4.1.1 support for multiple stock apps to make them compatible with this One UI version. It means that after installing the One UI 4.1.1 update, the compatible apps will not shut down or crash.
One UI 4.1.1 based on Android 12L
For better Multitasking, the update arrives with new features and shortcuts to easily switch apps and pop-up view to split screen view as well as it helps to quickly open app pairs and apps in split screen or pop-up window alongside enhanced gestures. Now, you can see the names of the apps in the Edge panels.
With Android 12L, you can scan, extract and copy text from an image, and paste it to the message, email, or documents instead of typing. Now, you can set different call backgrounds for each contact and can join 1:1 video calls or group calls via the Google Meet app.
Samsung keyboard also received enhancements via this new update. Aside from this, the update brings Internet bookmarks organization, Lock Screen Wallpaper collection new feature, and My files powerful search.
You can check the changes and new features through the official changelog of Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 mentioned below.
Samsung Android 12L Based One UI 4.1.1 Changelog
Switch between apps quickly
- A taskbar now appears at the bottom of the screen for quick navigation between apps.
Quickly open apps in split screen or a pop-up window
- Drag apps from the taskbar or Recents screen to open them however is most convenient for you. Drag to the top, bottom, left, or right edge of the screen to open in split screen. Drag to the center of the screen to open in a pop-up.
Open app pairs quickly
- Pair apps that you often use together, then add them to the Home screen or taskbar so you can open them in split screen with just a single tap.
Easily switch from pop-up view to split screen
- When you’re using an app in pop-up view, just tap the split screen button inside the window handle. You’ll be able to choose a second app to open alongside of it.
Change your view with a gesture
- Switch from full screen to split screen view by swiping inward with two fingers from the left side, right side, or bottom of the screen. Switch from full screen to pop-up view by swiping inward with one finger from either corner at the top of the screen. Gestures can be turned on or off in Settings.
Show app names in the Apps edge panel
- Turn on Show app names to make app names appear below the app icons.
Extract and scan text
Extract text from any image or screen
- Extract text using Samsung Keyboard, Internet, Gallery, or whenever you take a screenshot. Paste the result into a message, email, or document instead of typing.
Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Chinese text can be extracted.
Get suggestions based on text in images
- When text appears in an image in Gallery, Camera, or other apps, actions will be recommended based on the text. For example, if you take a picture of a sign with a phone number or web address on it, you can tap to call the number or visit the site.
New calling options
Easily see who’s calling
- Set a different call background for each contact so you easily see who’s calling with just a quick glance.
Video calls with Google Meet
- Google Duo has been merged with Google Meet. You can now join 1:1 video calls as well as group video conferences all in one place with Google Meet.
Express yourself with Samsung Keyboard
Rearrange expression buttons
- Touch and hold the emoji, sticker, and other buttons to rearrange them.
Enter kaomoji directly from the keyboard
- Spice up your chats and texts with preset Japanese-style facial expressions created using keyboard symbols. (*^.^*)
More powerful search in My Files
- Choose whether to search all files or only files in the current folder. You can also choose between searching only file names or searching information inside of files, such as text in documents or location information in images. When your search is complete, you can sort the results by name, date, size, or file type.
Drag and drop bookmarks between folders
- Keep your Samsung Internet bookmarks organized by dragging and dropping them between folders.
Edit your Lock screen wallpaper collection
- After selecting a group of images to use for your Lock screen wallpaper, you can easily add or remove images later.
Android 12L/One UI 4.1.1 starts releasing for Galaxy Z Fold 3 – US [Carrier-locked]
[Sep. 19] Update – the US (carrier locked)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 foldable phone users are now receiving the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update in the US. I can be identified through PDA version number – F926USQS2DVHE and includes the latest September 2022 security patch as well.
To install the update, visit the Settings of your phone followed by a Software update and Download and install options. Finally, hit on Download button >> Install now/Schedule install >> Restart.
[Sep. 15] Update – India
10 days after the initial rollout, Samsung has expanded the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 foldable smartphones in India. It comes with the August 2022 security patch and brings additional new features ahead of the major Android 13-based One UI 5.0 upgrade.
One UI 4.1.1 Features
As announced, the South Korean tech giant is bringing the Android 12L Taskbar to the Galaxy Z Fold 3, which takes the multitasking experience to a whole new level. Taskbar is a new feature that lets Galaxy fans switch between apps seamlessly as it provides you with a PC-like experience.
Aside from this, the One UI 4.1.1 brings Galaxy Z Fold 4’s Apps pair feature, which allows you to create a pair of apps opened in multi-window and save it to the Taskbar UI. Once done, you can reopen the same multitasking window with apps with just a single tap.
One UI 4.1.1 activates Dual Preview so you and your subject can see the shot at the same time before it’s captured by displaying the image both on the Main and Cover Screen. Now, you can take high-resolution selfies with the main camera using Rear Cam Selfie with full control of the camera right on the Cover Screen.
[Sep. 5] Original Articles…
Recently, Samsung announced that it’s bringing the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update to older Galaxy foldable devices with new features from the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4. Now, Samsung started to release the One UI 4.1.1 update based on Android 12L to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 smartphones in South Korea.
Initially, the One UI 4.1.1 update rollout is happening for the Galaxy Z Fold 3’s Korean consumers, which is likely to expand in the coming hours/days. The major software update comes with plenty of new features and optimizations so you can take the most of your smartphone.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 5, 2022
Samsung Android 12L/One UI 4.1.1 now available for Galaxy Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite [U]
Android 12L brings major optimization and new features, especially for foldable and large-screen devices. So far, Samsung released the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S8 and Tab S7 series devices, which is now rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S6.
- Update, Sep 14: The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is also receiving the One UI 4.1.1 update based on Samsung’s Android 12L in France. The new firmware P615XXU4EVI1 brings the latest September 2022 security patch as well, in order to increase the system’s security and stability.
The major One UI 4.1.1 update is initially rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE in Germany and bears version number – T865XXU5DVH2. Shortly after the initial rollout, Samsung will expand this firmware’s availability to more regions and countries.
In addition to new features inspired by Android 12L, the One UI 4.1.1 update brings the August 2022 security patch and new versions for a handful of stock apps including Samsung Kids, PENUP, Samsung Internet, SmartThings, Samsung Flow, Samsung Members, and Smart Switch.
One UI 4.1.1 – What’s New
The One UI 4.1.1, based on Android 12L, comes with a new Taskbar feature, which advances your multitasking experiences. It appears after opening any app at the bottom bar, similar to the PC, to let you seamlessly switch across apps with just a tap.
Moreover, you can also create app pairs and add them to the Taskbar, so you can directly access the pre-defined apps in multi-window mode – with just a click. In addition to this, the One UI 4.1.1 update enhances the functional usability of the Smart View function so you can access it easily.
[Update: Tab S7 FE too] Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Android 12L One UI 4.1.1 released in various regions
Update 2: September 15…
In addition to the Galaxy Tab S7 series, the Galaxy Tab S7 FE is also getting the big Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update. Samsung has begun the major update’s rollout from Germany, which will be expanded to more markets in near future. Software version – T733XXU1BVH4 | Via – RPRNA
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 15, 2022
To for manual installation,visit the Settings of your phone followed by a Software update and Download and install options. Finally, hit on Download button >> Install now/Schedule install >> Restart.
Update 1: September 13…
Following the initial rollout in South Korea, Samsung has now expanded the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7 Plus tablets in the United States, Asia, Canada, and Europe. As it’s a big firmware update, we recommend you update using an unmetered connection.
After the Galaxy Tab S8 series, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and Galaxy Tab S7 Plus tablets are now receiving the latest Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 upgrade (via RPRNA). While the company is currently releasing it in the South Korean market, Europe and the US consumers will grab it soon.
The new One UI 4.1.1 is based on Android 12L and brings new features for large-screen devices alongside optimizations for various apps. While the Taskbar feature offers you a PC-like multitasking experience, the split screen view and app pair functions provide seamless access across apps.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 5, 2022
Using the Android 12L’s new Taskbar feature, Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 Plus users can enjoy swifter, more intuitive app switching, more customizable layouts, frictionless multitasking and apps that render better than ever.
Moving ahead, the Split Screen View feature also supports up to three screens, the taskbar can be temporarily hidden for a more immersive screen view, notifications can be dragged straight into the split screen and all apps can be viewed in a grid-style layout.