Samsung has started the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta program for the Galaxy S21 series in the US, South Korea, India, Germany and the UK. So far, the company has released two One UI 4 Beta updates for the consumers in the US, Germany and South Korea, while 1 Beta in India and the UK.
Well, we now have some Samsung Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta builds for different regions such as Europe. If you want to experience the latest One UI 4 Beta changes and features on your Galaxy S21 phone right now, follow sideload (manually download) method to do so, while it’s not recommended by us. [Credits – XDA-Developers]
Download One UI 4 Beta for Galaxy S21 series [Link]
Galaxy S21 (o1s/o1q)
- US Unlocked (SM-G991U1) – Download Link (AUH9 to ZUID | Beta 1)
- Germany (SM-G991U1) – Download Link (AUHD to ZUIC | Beta 1)
- Germany – Download Link (ZUIC to ZUJ1 | Beta 2)
- India – Download Link (AUIE to ZUJ1 | Beta 1)
Galaxy S21 Plus (t2s/t2q)
- The UK – Download Link (AUIE to ZUJ1 | Beta 1)
Galaxy S21 Ultra (p3s/p3q)
- T-Mobile/Sprint US (SM-G998U) – Download Link (AUH9 to ZUID | Beta 1)
- US Unlocked (SM-G998U1) – Download Link (AUH9 to ZUID | Beta 1)
- T-Mobile/Sprint US (SM-G998U) – Download Link (AUH9 to ZUID | Beta 2)
- US Unlocked (SM-G998U1) – Download Link (AUH9 to ZUID | Beta 2)
- India – Download Link (AUIE to ZUJ1 | Beta 1)
- The UK – Download Link (AUIE to ZUJ1 | Beta 1)
Note: We never recommend flashing ROM if you have little to no experience in software development or flashing ROMs manually. Proceed at your own RISK!
One UI 4 Beta Features
Everything about One UI 4 starts with consideration for me. One UI 4 provides a comfortable design, a variety of ways to express your personality and emotions in a rich way, and protects your valuable personal information.
Not only does it allow you to seamlessly switch to other Galaxy devices, but it also makes it easier to focus on what’s important, and gives you the option to personalize your Galaxy to suit your style. Meet One UI 4 now with intuitiveness and fun, safety and convenience.
Samsung One UI 4.1: Voice Recorder, play or share the voice!
Samsung One UI 4.1 latest security patch of May 1, 2022, has brought some updations to the Voice Recorder. It enables you to record, play, and share the audio where ever you want. A smartphone user can utilize the audio clip for various multimedia purposes. The person can merge the audio together with the video to create a creative clipping. This inbuilt Samsung Voice Recorder is very useful for news reporters and tech enthusiasts.
Why am I saying So? because this recorder enables us to record the audio in various modes. Such as Standard mode, Interview mode, and Speech-to-text mode. This is helpful for the present-day people who love to wander around the world on rough terrains, and this recorder facilitates them to record wonderful natural voices and so.
It is very amazing, without the need for extra accessories like a mic, or charging devices. The only thing you need is your smartphone and nothing else. Thanks to the application, there is no need to carry those bulky setups as used before.
How to record the Voice or Audio?
- First, launch the voice recorder application
- Tap on the Circular icon shown at the bottom of your screen (connect with the microphone if you need to)
- You can use the left icon with two verticle lines to stop the video
- While recording you can enable Bookmarks when you find that portion of the clip is very important. (So that you can review it)
- To finish the recording Tap on the square tile, located at the bottom right of your smartphone screen.
Let us discuss three modes of recording.
Standard Mode: This mode is a normal recording mode, and simply records the audio with the single mic available for the user to perform a calling function or so. That is located at the top side edge of your smartphone.
Interview Mode: The smartphone records the sound from the top and bottom of the device at a high volume while reducing the volume of sound from the sides. It uses all the top and bottom edge mic of your device. Help for talking or having a face-to-face communication or interview.
Speech-to-text Mode: This feature of the application looks creative, and converts the recorded voice to text in real-time. This feature is most popular among media personalities, you might have seen some reporters, recording the interview session, by holding their smartphones near the mouth of celebrities or famous people.
While recording audio you need to take care of some important things. First is the voice memo system language, it only records the audio for the language that is in the language list. Do not worry Samsung has all the popular languages on the list that are spoken in most regions of the world.
After doing all the stuff, you can choose to play the specific recordings, from the list available in the My Files section of your smartphone memory storage, and You can play or can share them where you want. Additionally, if your calls are on the auto-call recording, you can find them in this voice recording list altogether.
Smart uses of Samsung One UI 4.1 Camera app, instead of just image capturing
Samsung One UI 4.1 offers multiple camera features to its users that lets your click amazing shots. You might have used different camera modes and filters while capturing a picture. But have you performed any other tasks other than clicking photos with your phone’s camera?
Your Samsung One UI 4.1 camera has a lot of special features. It is capable of serving many jobs instead of just image and video capturing. And here, in this article, we are going to discuss some of the smart Samsung One UI 4.1 camera features.
To make sure you are taking full advantage of your phone’s camera, read our complete story.
Smart Samsung One UI 4.1 camera features
Scanning QR codes:
QR Code scanner is turned on by default on your Samsung camera. You can double-check it by navigating Samsung Camera >> Settings >> Scan QR Codes. As the name mentions, enabling this feature will let you scan QR codes from the camera itself, now you don’t need any third-party app to scan a QR code.
Samsung Camera’s Scene optimizer feature optimizes your scenes. It helps you figure out what your best shot is by focusing on an object automatically, blurring out the rest of the scene, adjusting your lighting, and more.
To enable it, go to Samsung Camera >> Settings >> Scene optimizer. Turn the toggle on.
Shot suggestions will help you even more with your photos. It will give you on-screen advice that helps you line up an amazing shot. To get its best use, you can pair it with the Scene Optimizer feature, it will give you some really nice-looking photos, even if you aren’t an expert.
To enable it by turning the toggle on through Samsung Camera >> Settings >> Shot Suggestions.
With the tracking autofocus camera feature, you can keep the rear camera focused on the selected subject even if they move. You can take its use by navigating Samsung Camera >> Settings >> Tracking Auto Focus.
Shooting Methods will show you different shooting methods you can use to capture a photo. You can change them according to your preferences. The typical way you usually use to take a photo is by opening up your camera app and pressing the circle icon at the bottom.
However, there are some other different ways to take photos, such as:
- Pressing your volume keys to take a picture or record a video.
- Using voice commands like ‘Smile’ or ‘Capture’ to take a photo or ‘Record video’ for capturing a video.
- Showing your palm to the camera to take a selfie.
- Adding an extra shutter button you can move anywhere on your screen.
One UI 4.1 brings Enhanced Night mode to let you capture bring portraits even in a low-light environment. You can take pictures outside through the rear lens as well as the front lens when it is dark. To use it,
- Open the Camera of your phone.
- On the shooting modes list, tap More >> Night.
- If you set the time that appears at the right bottom of the screen to Max, you may get clearer pictures.
- Tap the capture button and hold your device steady until shooting is complete.
Samsung Single Take feature allows users to capture multiple pictures and videos with just a tap. You can move around for up to 15 seconds to capture the moment from different angles. The AI later optimizes the photos and videos to help you pick the best ones.
To use it:
- Open your phone’s Camera app.
- Select ‘Single Take‘ mode.
- Tap on the round button to start.
- Walk around to capture multiple dimensions of the moment.
- When you are done, tap on the preview thumbnail.
- To see more results, pull up.
Director’s view lets users easily switch between different views while shooting and make a video with the front-facing camera and rear camera at the same time.
- Open the Camera of your smartphone.
- On the shooting modes list, tap More.
- Click on Director’s view and change:
- Screen mode
- Front camera view
- Camera thumbnail
- Select the camera thumbnail you want and tap to record a video.
- If you want to change the screen mode, tap the Change the screen mode icon on the upper right corner, and select the screen mode:
- PIP View
- Split View
- Single View
- You can change the camera while recording by tapping on the thumbnail. If the thumbnail is hidden, tap the Display button to display it.
- Tap on the Record button to record the video.
- Tap the Stop button to stop recording the video.
Samsung smartphone camera record videos in Full HD with a variant frame rate by default. But you can do more with it. There are three different video capture options:
- Ultra HD at 30fps
- Ultra HD at 60fps
- 8K at 24fps
To change between these resolutions, open the Camera and switch to Video mode. Tap the FHD AUTO option and you will see different video resolutions to switch between.
Settings to keep:
Navigate Camera >> Settings >> Scroll Down >> Settings to Keep. There are fice different settings you can toggle to stay on until you manually turn them off again.
- Camera mode
- Selfie angle
- Super steady
- Portrait zoom
Samsung One UI 4.1: Reminders, register and receive notifications!
Samsung One UI 4.1 Reminder is an ultimate listing application. Register to do items as reminders and receive notifications according to the conditions you apply. This is a great thing because we have lots of work to do in a day, frankly speaking, it is a human habit, we cannot remember all of them together if we do not list them. As a result, some of our tasks get delayed and remain pending.
Samsung reminder works just like setting an alarm for all your work that you might have listed for specific hours, days, or months. I only suggest you keep your phone always synchronized. It facilitates the smartphone user not only to get event reminders but the location too. So please keep your GPS activated. If you will not regularly update them. You will be unable to get reminders about them.
How to set reminders?
- launch the Calendar app
- Tap on Reminder
- The Reminder screen will appear
- As you click on the Reminder icon, a shortcut will be added to the Apps screen.
There is an alternate way to do this
- Launch the Reminder app
- Tap on the Plus sign available at the bottom right of the screen, enter the details, what to notify mention the date and time, then click to set a notification and put it on.
Now, all the notifications, which you set always appear in the form of a list in front of you. Here you have the facility to edit or review them. When you complete your task, you can mark it as completed by tapping on the square tile.
User is free to choose the category of reminders, smartphone user has the facility to restore reminders if they need to perform the task repetitively. As you choose this option, a reminder will be back on the list.
Deleting the reminder is very easy, to delete the reminder, you have to select it and then tap on the delete option. In my view, the Calendar application together with the Reminder app serves the purpose in a better way. Do not wait, list up things and get started. Make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.