No doubt, every smartphone user is eagerly waiting to get a taste of the latest Android 12 operating system. However, this version is not yet released in full, but Google already provided it to the Pixel smartphone users in February as Developer Preview, followed by public Beta 1 at the Google I/O event.
At the moment, various non-Pixel phones from different OEMs are now eligible to join the Android 12 Beta trial ahead of its stable launch, which is expected in late August or early September. Disappointingly, Samsung fans are not eligible to participate under the Android 12 Beta program.
- Update: Google officially launched the Android 12 OS on October 4th.
As always, Samsung will introduce another iteration of its custom skin based on the current stable version of the Android operating system. The company will unveil the Android 11-based One UI 3.1.1 [Eligible Devices] along with the launch of its next flagship phones, which will happen in July or August.
- Update: Samsung launched One UI 3.1.1 alongside Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Flip 3 in August 2021.
Samsung Android 12 Beta
If the history is any indication, Samsung will begin the adoption process of Android 12 just after its final release for general Pixel users. Around September, the company will announce the Android 12 Beta testing as Developers Beta to optimize this version for the Galaxy smartphones and develop the next version of One UI, the One UI 4.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta
Nearly a month after the Developers’s trial, Samsung will start the Android 12 One UI 4 beta program for the public, which will happen in late September or early October this year. The company will give the One UI 4 beta testing opportunity to the flagship Galaxy devices of the Galaxy Note, Galaxy S, and Galaxy Z series.
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4 Beta Release Date
- One UI 4 Developer Beta – August 2021 (Reportedly Released)
- One UI 4 Public Beta – September 2021 (Released Beta 4)
- One UI 4.0 Stable Release – Late November 2021
Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta Eligible Devices [Confirmed]
- Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra – LIVE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 – Live
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – LIVE
- Samsung Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra – LIVE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Note: The Galaxy S21 series will be the first to get Android 12 One UI 4.0 stable update.
Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta Eligible Devices [Expected]
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+ and Galaxy S10 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10+
- Samsung Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta Eligible Countries
- South Korea – Live
- Germany – Live
- The United States of America (The USA) – Live
- India – Live
- United Kingdom (UK) – Live
- China – Live
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 Beta Latest News
🔴 Updated on November 10, 2021 🔴
Samsung Galaxy S21 Update: One UI 4 Beta 3 (US) and Beta 2 (India) with November 2021 patch
One UI 4.0 adds customized settings and enhanced features to Samsung Gallery
Galaxy Z Fold 3 next in line for Samsung’ Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta
Samsung One UI 4.0 brings redesigned, customized widgets for effortless navigation
First Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) introduction video out
Galaxy S21 Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta has no Samsung Bixby vibration feedback for some
Breaking: Samsung Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta 1 (ZUID) released for Galaxy S21 series. Read more
Samsung launched Android 12 One UI 4 Beta for Galaxy S21 series for the Korean variants!
[16/07/2021] One UI 4.0 Beta could announce later this month
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) Beta announcement could happen later this month. Read more
[15/07/2021] Android 12 Beta 3 Features, changes
Google Android 12 Beta 3 – New features, improvements and more!. Read more
[15/07/2021] Android 12 Beta 3 released
Google released Android 12 Beta 3, confirmed to reach full Platform Stability at Beta 4. Read more
[14/07/2021] Android 12 copying several Game Tools from Samsung
Google Android 12 getting Samsung Game Launcher and Game Tools-inspired features. Read more
[12/07/2021] Samsung delayed One UI 4.0 Beta announcement, internal name leaked
Breaking: Samsung One UI 4 (Android 12) release delayed, internal name (SOS) revealed. Read more
[07/07/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 release date tipped
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 (Beta) to debut next week, Galaxy S21 will grab first. Read more
[01/07/2021] Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 concept
You need to see these Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 12 update 3D renders!. Read here
[11/07/2021] Samsung One UI 4.0 Beta next week
Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 (Beta) to debut next week, Galaxy S21 will grab first. Read more
[01/07/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 codename revealed
Samsung One UI 4.0 (Android 12) codename “Palette” hints big visual revamp. Read more
[24/06/2021] Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 test will begin next month
BREAKING: Samsung to start One UI 4.0 (Android 12) testing for Galaxy S flagships next month. Read more
[24/06/2021] Google released Android 12 Beta 2.1
Google Android 12 Beta 2.1 update improves stability, stable build to release soon. Source
[19/06/2021] Samsung starts Android 12 One UI 4.0 development
Recently, well-known tipster Max Weinbach revealed that Samsung has started the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 development for the Galaxy S21 series. Read more here
[18/06/2021] Samsung to introduce One UI 4.0 in October
In October or November, Samsung is expected to introduce the next generation of its custom software system for Galaxy devices, One UI 4.0 based on Google’s Android 12. Read more here
[16/06/2021] Here’s your first look at the Android 12-based One UI 4.0
A user shared a video clip on Reddit showing off his Galaxy device running the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. It reveals that Samsung adopted the major design changes of Google’s latest Android OS. Source
[14/06/2021] Android 12 Beta 2 update brings new status bar indicator
Android 12 Beta 2 update adds a new status bar indicator for ongoing calls. Source
[13/06/2021] Android 12 Beta 2 | One UI 4.0 has arrived one step closer
On June 06, 2021, Google released the Android 12 Beta 2 for the eligible Pixel phones that brings additional features that were missing from Beta 1. With this update, Samsung smartphone users have arrived another step closer to the One UI 4.0. Source
May 30, 2021: Samsung One UI 4.0 to prevent share sheet replacement
Google Android 12 will prevent third-party apps from sharing apps, and can only use the native interface of the Android system. Read more here
May 26, 2021: Android 12 debuts hundreds of modified emojis
With the Android 12 Beta 1, Emojigraph founded hundreds of emojis with changed designs in which some are silly, some are practical, while some match with iOS. Check them all here
May 22, 2021: Android 12 Beta has arrived, Samsung is yet to reveal One UI 4.0 Beta
Google announced the Android 12 public beta program for around a dozen of brands including Pixel, but Samsung is missing from the list. The reason behind this move is that Samsung will start the development of its Android 12-based custom skin after the stable Android 12 release. Read more here | Source
May 21, 2021: Android 12 lets users update apps over third-parties
April 19, 2021: Android 12 will turn select Samsung phones into a car key
Android 12 OS comes with a new “car key” feature, which can turn select Pixel and Samsung Galaxy smartphones into car keys. Read more here
April 22, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 3
Google started rolling out the Android 12 Developer Preview 3 to the developers that bring One UI 4.0 one more step closer to Samsung smartphone users. The DP3 comes with various major system improvements as well as new features. Source
April 08, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2
Google kicked off a new software update, which is technically named Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2. This new firmware brings the April 2021 security patch to increase the system security of Pixel phones as well as tons of bug fixes. Source
March 18, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 2
Google is now rolling out the Android 12 Developer Preview 2 which moves the Samsung Galaxy users one step closer to the next generation of One UI – One UI 4.0. This update brings plenty of new features as well as major system optimizations. Source
March 03, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1 Update
After releasing the first Developer Preview of Android 12, Google is now rolling out a new firmware update version 1.1 that brings several bug fixes, to address crashes, reboots, and battery drain issues.
February 19, 2021: Android 12 Developer Preview 1
Google has recently pushed the first Android 12 Developer Preview which gives us an early look at the new changes and features of this Android OS.
Ahead of the stable release, Google also pushed the first Android 12 developer preview back in February 2021. This activity lets developers (only Google Pixel users) understand and grow the Android 12 ecosystem.
Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11 and A01 One UI 4.1.1 Update Info (2022)
Samsung has rolled out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0/One UI 4.1 updates to many eligible devices. And now that Samsung’s new custom software update – One UI 4.1.1 is coming, the attention of users has shifted in that direction.
Alongside many flagships and new smartphones, Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11, and A01 are also officially confirmed to get the One UI 4.1.1 update, on the basis of Samsung’s Android upgrade policy.
If you own a Galaxy A series smartphone and are interested to get connected with the latest news on Samsung Android 12 and One UI 4.1.1 development for your device, you should bookmark this article as it will be updated regularly with new and authentic information.
One UI 4.1.1 Release Plan:
Last year, Samsung brought the One UI 3.1.1 custom software update for its Galaxy device owners alongside the release of the Galaxy Z Foldable lineup. This year, the company seems to be following the same plan.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 are expected to enter the markets sometime in August this year. The new foldable will bring a new iteration of the One UI software system which is One UI 4.1.1.
Galaxy A71 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
April 30, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.1 update released
The Galaxy A71 smartphone owners have started getting the Android 12 One UI 4.1 update. The comes with revamped color palette, the ability to turn off GOS, object and shadow eraser, Smart Calendar, Galaxy S22-inspired camera modes, Grammarly-powered keyboard, and much more.
March 10, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update released
Finally, Samsung has started releasing the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 for Galaxy A71 users. This major firmware update is available for the Galaxy A71 consumers in Hong Kong. Read more here.
January 29, 2022 – Checkfirm detected One UI 4.0 test build
A few days ago, the One UI test build detection app – Checkfirm spotted a new One UI update build that had been tested on the Galaxy A71. Read more
As you can see in the screenshots below, a new One UI update firmware has been tested on the Galaxy A71 LTE bearing PDA build number – A715FXXU8CVA5.
December 8, 2021 – One UI 4.0 to release in April 2022
Recently, a Galaxy A71 owner reached Samsung support, virtually, to know when will the company release a new software update as it has not received any in the last three months.
According to a Samsung rep., the Galaxy A71 will get a major software update in April 2022, which will be the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. Read more here
Galaxy A51 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
March 31, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
While the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone users have already received the One UI 4.1 update in some countries, Verizon is rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for the device in the United States. Read more
March 28, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
Samsung has started to release the most-awaited Android 12 update to the Galaxy A51 smartphone users. Initially, the update rollout has begun in India, while the company has included both the One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 versions as well as the February 2022 security patch. Read more
Galaxy A41 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
May 18, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1 update
Samsung started rolling out the stable Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy A41 smartphone users. The update rollout is currently happening in the Russian market, sporting firmware version – A415FXXU1DVDB. Read more
Galaxy A31 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
May 11, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1 update
Samsung released the One UI 4.1 custom software update based on Android 12 OS in February. So far, many Galaxy device owners have received this update while the Galaxy A31 is the latest to grab it in Russia. Read more
Galaxy A21/A21s Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
July 05, 2022 – Android 12 One UI 4.1
Samsung has begun releasing the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy A21s smartphone users in Russia. It comes with June 2022 security patch as well, in order to keep your device secure against threats and viruses. Read more
Galaxy A11 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
Samsung released the January 2022 security update to the Galaxy A11 smartphone users. The update fixes numerous privacy and security-related vulnerabilities including 2 critical, 36 high, and 5 moderate levels of CVEs. Read more
Galaxy A01 Android 12 One UI 4 Update Tracker
- To be added!
This article will be updated regularly!
Samsung One UI 4.1 Update Changelog!
Back in March 2022, Samsung has begun releasing the new One UI 4.1 update based on Android 12 to the Galaxy devices, starting with the S21 series. After, the company started rolling out the new One UI variant to older flagship phones, while, it’s now heading for the remaining models that are eligible to get Android 12.
The all-new One UI 4.1 brings a lot of additional features, compared to the One UI 4.0. to the Galaxy devices. All of the newly arriving features are aimed to make your Galaxy experience more intuitive, more fun, more secure, and easier than ever.
From Camera and Gallery to Colour Pallete and Game Optimizing Service, the brand-new One UI 4.1 introduces many significant changes that are not limited to the addition of new features. By looking at the official changelog, it has been revealed that the One UI 4.1 is massively inspired by the new Samsung Galaxy S22 series features.
Check out Samsung One UI 4.1 changelog below
- It’s easier than ever to capture great photos and videos.
- Enhanced night portraits
- Take stunning portraits, even in low light. Night shots are now supported in Portrait mode.
- Get the full director’s view
- You can save your director’s view videos with separate front and rear videos so you can edit them later, even after you’re done recording. When you play them back in the Video player, you can switch between different views such as split-screen or picture-in-picture.
- Do more with your memories. Gallery brings enhanced features for remastering and organizing your pictures and videos, and sharing is now easier than ever.
- Powerful remastering
- Make your photos look better than ever. Sharpen blurry faces, fix distortion on TVs or computer screens, and increase brightness and resolution.
- More suggestions
- Get help creating artistic portraits and exciting highlight reels. Gallery will suggest the best effects for your pictures.
- Add portrait effects
- You can now add background blur to any picture with a person in view.
- Portrait relighting
- Adjust the lighting for portraits, even after you’ve taken them, to make sure you always get the perfect shot.
- Convert unnecessary motion photos to still images
- Save storage space by converting motion photos to still images. Gallery will suggest pictures where motion isn’t necessary, such as documents.
- Share albums as links
- No need to invite people to shared albums individually anymore. Just create a link that can be shared with anyone, even if they don’t have a Samsung account or Galaxy device.
- All your invitations together
- Easily accept invitations to shared albums, even if you miss the notifications. Invitations that you haven’t responded to yet will appear at the top of your shared album list.
- Create time lapse videos
- Turn a picture into a vivid 24-hour time-lapse video. A button will appear for pictures of scenery including the sky, bodies of water, mountains, or cities. Your video will appear as if an entire day has passed.
- Express yourself like never before in augmented reality. Create your own emojis, stickers, doodles, and more.
- More decorations for your emoji stickers
- Show your own unique style by adding GIFs from Tenor as decorations for your custom AR emoji stickers.
- Background colors in mask mode
- Keep the focus on your AR emoji while wearing it as a mask. Choose from a variety of colors to use as your background.
- Stay in touch with high-quality video calls. One UI brings you exclusive features.
- Do more during video calls
- You can share another app’s screen during a video call in Google Duo. Watch YouTube together, share photos, explore maps, and more.
- Join video calls in presentation mode
- During a video call on your phone, you can join the same call on your tablet in presentation mode. Your tablet’s screen will be shared with other participants while audio and video continue on your phone.
- Get deeper insights into your health and enhanced exercise tracking in the latest version of Samsung Health.
- Get insights about your body composition
- Set targets for your weight, body fat percentage, and skeletal muscle mass. You’ll get tips for reaching your goals.
- Build better sleep habits
- Track your sleep and get coaching based on your sleep patterns.
- Enhanced exercise tracking
- On your Galaxy Watch4, you can set interval training targets before you start running or cycling. You’ll get a report on your phone when you’re finished. Your watch can also give information about sweat loss when you run and heart rate recovery for aerobic workouts.
- Transfer contacts, photos, messages, and settings from an old phone or tablet to your new Galaxy. One UI 4.1 lets you transfer more than ever.
- More transfer options
- You’ll get 3 options when transferring content to your new Galaxy. You can choose to transfer everything, transfer just your accounts, contacts, calls, and messages, or go Custom to choose exactly what you want to transfer.
- SmartThings Find
- Find your phone, tablet, watch, earbuds, and more with SmartThings Find.
- Get notified when you leave something behind
- Make lost belongings a thing of the past. You can choose to get alerts whenever your Galaxy SmartTag is too far away to connect to your phone.
- Find a lost device together
- You can share the location of your devices with others. If a device gets lost, you can get help from another person to scan for it nearby.
- One UI 4.1 gives you even more ways to share with others.
- Share your Wi-Fi network
- Use Quick Share to share your current Wi-Fi network with someone else. The person you share with will be able to connect automatically without entering the password.
- Include editing history when you share pictures and videos
- When you share pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can include the complete editing history so the receiver can see what’s changed or revert back to the original.
- Share tips with others
- Find something useful in the Tips app? Tap the Share icon to send it to a friend.
More features and improvements
- Customize your phone with unique colors based on your wallpaper. Your custom color palette now appears in more apps, including apps provided by Google.
- Your Galaxy just got a lot smarter. When you start adding an event to your calendar, your device will suggest a title and time based on text messages and other activity on your phone. You’ll get similar suggestions in Calendar, Reminder, Keyboard, Messages, and other apps.
Clean up shadows and reflections in Photo Editor
- Shadows and reflections will be removed automatically whenever you use the Object eraser.
Add emojis to your calendar
- In addition to stickers, you can now add emojis to a date on your calendar to express your feelings.
Take quick notes while you browse
- Keep track of your sources with new clipping options for Samsung Notes. You can include content from Samsung Internet or Gallery when you create a note using the quick panel or the Tasks edge panel.
Choose apps for text correction in Samsung Keyboard
- Choose which apps you want to get automatic text corrections in. Turn it on for writing apps to keep your spelling and grammar in check, and turn it off for texting apps where you want to be less formal.
More widely available keyboard options
- Keyboard layouts, input methods, and features for specific languages are now available in more regions, so you can type easily no matter where you are. You can always switch back to your previous layout in Settings.
Customize your sound balance
- In Accessibility settings, you can adjust the left/right sound balance for connected devices, such as speakers or headphones, separately from the sound balance for your phone speakers. This allows you to get the perfect balance out of your headphones without affecting how your ringtone and speakers sound.
New actions for Bixby Routines
- You can now create routines that change your watch face or turn on advanced settings like Protect battery.
Customize your virtual memory
- Choose the size of your phone’s virtual memory with RAM Plus in Device care. Go with more to boost performance or less to save storage space.
Game optimizing service
- CPU/GPU performance during early stages of gameplay will not be limited. (A performance management feature based on device temperature will be maintained.) The “Alternate game performance management mode” in Game Booster will be provided. 3rd party apps to bypass the Game Optimizing Service will be allowed.
Note: Some apps will need to be updated separately after the One UI 4.1 update.
Samsung Galaxy A21s users can now enjoy Android 12 One UI 4.1
As part of beginning the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta program later this month, Samsung is regularly providing the last year’s One UI 4 based on Android 12 upgrade to the remaining Galaxy devices. The Galaxy M11 and Galaxy A02s have recently got access to Android 12, while the Galaxy A21s is the most recent entry.
The Galaxy A21s smartphone users can now enjoy the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 features as Samsung has just begun the upgrade rollout with firmware version A217FXXU8DVF6. Starting in Russia, it’s likely to expand to more consumers in other regions and markets in the coming days/weeks.
Besides new features, the latest Galaxy A21s upgrade installs June 2022 Android security patches for better system stability and security. It’s worth mentioning that the June 2022 patch brings fixes to over 60 bugs and viruses in order to maintain the system’s security.
Last year, Google launched the Android 12 operating system, which brings radical design changes to the user interface. However, Samsung didn’t use whole new changes of the new OS for its One UI 4.1 software, while including significant upgrades compared to the 3.1.
One UI 4.1 is based on Android 12 OS, bringing a lot of new features and minor UI changes to Galaxy consumers. It adds Google’s Material You Dynamic Theming that paints the entire UI with a dominant color picked from the homescreen wallpaper set up by the user… continue reading