On February 18, Google released the first Developer Preview of its mobile operating system Android 12. We’ve encountered a number of major improvements and UI changes with the fresh and developing build of Android 12. Further, the company released an incremental update in order to deliver more system stability to the developers.
Moving forward, the OEM seeded the second Developer Preview of Android 12 on March 17, as scheduled. This build also arrived to tackle the severe errors and instability of the Android 12 OS. Just like previously, the company has also delivered a minor update to the Pixel users called Android 12 Developer Preview 2.1.
Android 12 DP2.2
According to the latest information, Google kicked off a new software update, which is technically named Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2. This new firmware brings the April 2021 security patch to increase the system security of Pixel phones as well as tons of bug fixes.
A few things to be noted, only Google Pixel users who’ve joined the Android 12 Developer Preview activity will automatically receive the 2.2 update over the air. When it comes to bug fixes and stability improvements, the changelog reveals everything we need to know. You can check out the official changelog, which is mentioned below.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2.2 (April 2021)
- If you’re already running a Developer Preview build, you will automatically receive an OTA update to Developer Preview 2.2.
This minor update to Android 12 Developer Preview 2 includes the following fixes:
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the Settings app to crash when a user tried to access Bluetooth settings. (Issue #180962266)
- Fixed an issue that caused widgets to be removed from the home screen after a user installed an OTA update.
- Fixed an issue that caused notifications to be sent about low Bluetooth call quality even when call quality was currently unaffected.
- Fixed an issue that caused WiFi network passwords to not be saved in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the notification shade to be activated when typing on the on-screen keyboard.
- Fixed an issue with Codec 2.0 that could cause apps to crash on some devices.
- Fixed an issue that could cause videos to be encoded incorrectly when shared.