Everything about Samsung One UI 3.0/One UI 3.1 – Eligible devices, features, and release date
After bringing stable Android 11/One UI 3.0 updates to the flagship devices, Samsung is rapidly working to deliver this major Android upgrade to the remaining/eligible phones and tablets as soon as possible.
Apart from this, the South Korean tech giant is also delivering the One UI 3.1 features via OTA to the compatible models. So far, a number of Galaxies including high-end and mid-range have received this version of One UI that was debuted with the Galaxy S21 series.
Samsung One UI 3.0 and One UI 3.1 version comes with some iconic features alongside all the bells and whistles of Google’s Android 11 operating system. You can check out all the coverage on One UI 3.1 by clicking HERE.
Samsung One UI 3.0 Features:
- Quick Settings/Notification Panel Redesign
- Volume Control
- Settings Menu
- Always on Display (AoD)
- Double Tap To Sleep
- Notification Type and History
- Redesigned Long Press application menu
- Home screen, App Drawer, Folders, Finder and Recents
- Device Care
- Video enhancer
- Gallery App
- Caller screen layout
Read the details of the complete features here.
Samsung has changed the color scheme of the quick settings panel and used a Gaussian-like blur effect on the background of the toggle buttons. Secondly, the volume adjustment panel now acts vertically rather than a horizontal list of the volume sliders. There are currently, no changes found in the home screen, lock screen, and the recent apps section.
Stock Android 11 features include one-time permissions, device controls, quick access wallet, media controls in the quick settings, or Conversations in notifications and Samsung has tried to implement most of these features in One UI 3.0. However, some of the features including the device control are not part of One UI 3.0 because Samsung already has its own device control center.
Additionally, there are some features from the miscellaneous section including the new minimal battery use mode, which applies a dark theme, a minimal home screen, and limits apps for maximum power saving. Also, it has a new enhanced processing mode that boosts performance and more.
Bixby routines getting a new upgrade that allows you to set a custom icon for each routine, what actions are reversed when a routine ends, toggle various accessibility features, trigger Bixby, use new conditions, and more. There are also some Digital Wellbeing improvements.
Furthermore, the One UI 3.0 beta also brought users a new look at its stock Samsung apps. Now, you can revert any edits you make, Samsung messages now adds a new bin to store deleted messages, and the Contact app helps you quickly delete similar contacts and even more.
Samsung Internet is also getting some new changes, that include the ability to lock/reorder tabs, block pages from hijacking the back button, warnings about malicious sites, hiding the status bar when scrolling, and more.
One UI launcher now has new changes in the context menu section with an option to place a related widget by long-pressing an app icon. There’s also a new feature called “double-tap to sleep” that lets you turn off your display by double-tapping on the display’s empty area.
Samsung keyboard now supports inline autofill suggestions and image copy-past. However, it doesn’t offer new Android 11 emojis.
These are some of the key new changes made into the One UI 3.0 but since it is a beta build, it’s possible that Samsung may add additional features before One UI 3.0 goes to the public.
Samsung One UI 3.0 device list
Samsung Galaxy S and Note series Android 11 device list:
- Galaxy S20 FE
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 20 5G
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G
- Galaxy Flip 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7
- Galaxy Tab S7 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 5G
- Galaxy S20 5G UW
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20+ 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Fold
- Galaxy Fold 5G
- Galaxy Note 10+
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Galaxy Note 10
- Galaxy Note 10 5G
- Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy S10+
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10e
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy A-series Android 11 device list:
- Galaxy A01
- Galaxy A10
- Galaxy A10e
- Galaxy A10s
- Galaxy A11
- Galaxy A20
- Galaxy A20e
- Galaxy A20s
- Galaxy A21
- Galaxy A21s
- Galaxy A30
- Galaxy A30s
- Galaxy A31
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A41
- Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy A50
- Galaxy A50s
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A51 5G
- Galaxy A51 5G UW
- Galaxy A60
- Galaxy A70
- Galaxy A70s
- Galaxy A71
- Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A71 5G UW
- Galaxy A80
- Galaxy A8s
- Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A Quantum
Samsung Galaxy M-series Android 11 device list:
- Galaxy M01
- Galaxy M01s
- Galaxy M02s
- Galaxy M11
- Galaxy M21
- Galaxy M21s
- Galaxy M30s
- Galaxy M31
- Galaxy M31s
- Galaxy M40
- Galaxy M51
- Galaxy M31 Prime
Samsung Galaxy F-series Android 11 device list:
- Galaxy F41
Samsung Galaxy Tab and other smartphones:
- Galaxy Tab Active 3
- Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 2020
- Galaxy Tab S5e
- Galaxy Tab S6
- Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab A 10.1 2019
- Galaxy Tab A 8.0 2019
- Galaxy Tab Active Pro
- Galaxy Xcover 4s (Probably)
- Galaxy XCover Pro
Samsung One UI 3.0 Release Date
On December 03, 2020, Samsung officially released the third-generation of its self-developed custom skin – One UI 3.0 which is based on Google’s Android 11.
Samsung One UI 3.1 Release Date
Alongside the Galaxy S21 series, Samsung also introduced the One UI 3.1 version on January 14, 2021.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 starts getting One UI 3.1 update in Canada. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy S10 lineup will start getting One UI 3.1 update in Canada next week. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung rolling out Android 11-based One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy A40. READ MORE HERE
- T-Mobile rolling out Samsung One UI 3.1 update for Galaxy S20 FE. READ MORE HERE
- T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S20 One UI 3.1 update rollout begins! READ MORE HERE
- Verizon releases Samsung One UI 3.1 update for the Galaxy A71 5G UW. READ MORE HERE
- AT&T rolling out One UI 3.1 update to Samsung Galaxy S10 and Note 10 series. READ MORE HERE
- Android 11-based One UI 3.1 update rolling out for Samsung Galaxy A70. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy M51 One UI 3.1 Android 11 firmware update rolling out now. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite One UI 3.1 update rollout begins. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy A71 gets One UI 3.1 update along with Android 11 via OTA. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite gets One UI 3.1 update via OTA. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 One UI 3.1 Android 11 update is rolling out now!. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy S20 One UI 3.1 update now rolling out in the US. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy Fold receiving One UI 3.1 update. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 now provides a seamless experience with One UI 3.1. READ MORE HERE
- Samsung One UI 3.0/Android 11: Eligible Devices and Release Date [India]. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung Good Lock for Android 11/One UI 3.0 will come in February 2021. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung One UI 3.0 officially launched with redesigned UI, new features, and more. READ MORE HERE.
- Breaking: Samsung One UI 3.0/Android 11 stable is out for the Galaxy S20 series. READ MORE HERE.
- One UI Home launcher keeps crashing after One UI 3.0 beta installation on Galaxy Note 10. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus receiving One UI 3.0 beta in India, Korea, and the UK. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung ends One UI 3.0 first-round beta registration for Galaxy S10 devices. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung releases One UI 3.0 Beta 7 for the Galaxy S20 series. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung One UI 3.0 Beta 6 arrives at Galaxy S20 in the US, stable release may be near. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung fixes several bugs in the latest One UI 3.0 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S20. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung One UI 3.0 beta is now rolling out in Korea and UK for Galaxy Note 10 series. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung is now rolling out the 3rd One UI 3.0 beta for Galaxy Note 20 series in India. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung One UI 3.0 fourth beta rolling out for Galaxy S20 series. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series receiving second One UI 3.0 beta with November 2020 security patch. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series is getting 3rd One UI 3.0 Beta with November 2020 security patch. READ MORE HERE.
- One UI 3.0 Beta 2 is now rolling out with several bug fixes for the Galaxy S20 series. READ MORE HERE.
- Android 11-based One UI 3.0 beta program is now available in China, Korea, the US, Germany, Poland, UK, and India. READ MORE HERE.
- Samsung is now rolling out a new hotfix for the One UI 3.0 beta 1 users. Read more information here.
- Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting a new One UI 3 beta update in the US for unlocked devices. Read more here.
These 15 Samsung Galaxy S series phones will get Android 13 upgrade
Over the past six months, Samsung released two major One UI updates to its flagship Galaxy devices including the Galaxy S21, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S20, Galaxy Note 10, and Galaxy S10 series, alongside the eligible foldable smartphones.
The One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 software are based on Google’s Android 12 operating system. While the former included the major Android 12 OS upgrade in the OTA package, the latter brings additional features and improvements to the Galaxy flagship phones.
Well, Samsung is expected to bring another One UI variant on the same Android 12 OS, which will make its debut with the fourth-gen foldable phones sometime in August. The One UI 4.1.1 update is likely to come with some new features, better system optimization, and stability.
Meanwhile, Samsung’s flagship smartphone users are wondering about a big switch as Google announced the 13th major generation of its mobile platform. The Korean tech giant has a solid software upgrade mechanism that leaves no confusion in the mind of its consumers.
We are here talking about the Android 13 update eligibility for your Samsung Galaxy S series smartphone. The Galaxy S22 series will be, unquestionably!, getting the major One UI 5 update based on Android 13 later this year, while the 2020’s Galaxy S10 Lite is also eligible.
Samsung Galaxy S Series Android 13 Upgrade
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S22 Plus
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 Plus
- Galaxy S21
- Galaxy S21 FE
- Galaxy S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S20 Plus LTE
- Galaxy S20 Plus 5G
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 5G
- Galaxy S20 FE LTE
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Note: SammyFans compiled the Samsung Galaxy S series Android 13 eligible device list on the basis of the company’s upgrade policies. The parent Galaxy S10 series won’t get Android 13, while its affordable variant is still compatible with another major upgrade.
Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11 and A01 One UI 4.1.1 Update Info (2022)
Samsung has rolled out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0/One UI 4.1 updates to many eligible devices. And now that Samsung’s new custom software update – One UI 4.1.1 is coming, the attention of users has shifted in that direction.
Alongside many flagships and new smartphones, Samsung Galaxy A71, A51, A41, A31, A21, A11, and A01 are also officially confirmed to get the One UI 4.1.1 update, on the basis of Samsung’s Android upgrade policy.
If you own a Galaxy A series smartphone and are interested to get connected with the latest news on Samsung Android 12 and One UI 4.1.1 development for your device, you should bookmark this article as it will be updated regularly with new and authentic information.
One UI 4.1.1 Release Plan:
Last year, Samsung brought the One UI 3.1.1 custom software update for its Galaxy device owners alongside the release of the Galaxy Z Foldable lineup. This year, the company seems to be following the same plan.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 are expected to enter the markets sometime in August this year. The new foldable will bring a new iteration of the One UI software system which is One UI 4.1.1.
Galaxy A71 Android 12 One UI 4.1 Update Tracker
April 30, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.1 update released
The Galaxy A71 smartphone owners have started getting the Android 12 One UI 4.1 update. The comes with revamped color palette, the ability to turn off GOS, object and shadow eraser, Smart Calendar, Galaxy S22-inspired camera modes, Grammarly-powered keyboard, and much more.
March 10, 2022 – Android 12 based One UI 4.0 update released
Finally, Samsung has started releasing the One UI 4.0 update based on Android 12 for Galaxy A71 users. This major firmware update is available for the Galaxy A71 consumers in Hong Kong. Read more here.
January 29, 2022 – Checkfirm detected One UI 4.0 test build
A few days ago, the One UI test build detection app – Checkfirm spotted a new One UI update build that had been tested on the Galaxy A71. Read more
As you can see in the screenshots below, a new One UI update firmware has been tested on the Galaxy A71 LTE bearing PDA build number – A715FXXU8CVA5.
December 8, 2021 – One UI 4.0 to release in April 2022
Recently, a Galaxy A71 owner reached Samsung support, virtually, to know when will the company release a new software update as it has not received any in the last three months.
According to a Samsung rep., the Galaxy A71 will get a major software update in April 2022, which will be the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. Read more here
Galaxy A51 Android 12 One UI 4.1 Update Tracker
March 31, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
While the Samsung Galaxy A51 smartphone users have already received the One UI 4.1 update in some countries, Verizon is rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update for the device in the United States. Read more
March 28, 2022 – One UI 4.1, Android 12
Samsung has started to release the most-awaited Android 12 update to the Galaxy A51 smartphone users. Initially, the update rollout has begun in India, while the company has included both the One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 versions as well as the February 2022 security patch. Read more
February 02, 2022 – February 2022 security update
Samsung Galaxy A51 February 2022 update comes with One UI build version A515FXXS5EVA1. Do note that the update carries a heavy package size of around 16,159MB, therefore, you should use an unmetered connection or WiFi while downloading it. Read more
Galaxy A41 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Update Tracker
February 04, 2022 – January 2022 security update
Samsung Galaxy A41 January 2022 security update comes with the firmware version A415FXXU1CVA3. The update brings several bug fixes and CVEs/SVEs from Google and Samsung. Read more
Galaxy A31 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Update Tracker
February 16, 2022 – January 2022 security update
Samsung released the January 2022 security update to the Galaxy A31 smartphone users. The update fixes numerous privacy and security-related vulnerabilities including 2 critical, 36 high, and 5 moderate levels of CVEs. Read more
Galaxy A21 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Update Tracker
April 04, 2022 – January 2022 security update
Samsung is releasing a new software update for Galaxy A21s smartphone users in Indian markets. This update installs the March 2022 Android security patch for better system security and stability. Read more
Galaxy A11 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Update Tracker
Samsung released the January 2022 security update to the Galaxy A11 smartphone users. The update fixes numerous privacy and security-related vulnerabilities including 2 critical, 36 high, and 5 moderate levels of CVEs. Read more
Galaxy A01 Android 12 One UI 4.0 Update Tracker
- To be added!
This article will be updated regularly!
Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 13 update, One UI 5.0 release date, Beta and more
In early 2021, Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 series flagships, pre-loaded with Android 11-based One UI 3.1 software. The Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra were the first to receive the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta/Stable version, while eligible for three more major upgrades including the Android 13.
Up from the regular three OS updates promise, Samsung extended the support to four years for the Galaxy S21 series devices. Aside from the major Android and One UI upgrades, the company has also promised to deliver at least five years of regular security patches.
After the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 updates, Samsung Galaxy S21 series phones are now eligible and eager to receive the upcoming Android 13-based One UI 5 (Beta/Stable) version. To be mentioned, Google debuted the Android 13 on the Developer Preview channel back in February 2022, while it is limited to Pixel phones.
Galaxy S21 Android 13 Beta Status
Just like the last year, Samsung’s latest Galaxy S22 series will be eligible to get the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta and One UI 5.0 Stable update, initially among the Galaxy devices. Meanwhile, Samsung Galaxy S21 series will join the party with the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta alongside the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- On April 7, it was said that the Korean tech giant will first showcase the One UI 5, based on Android 13, Beta ROM for the Galaxy S22 series devices in July 2022. Read more
Galaxy S21 Android 13 Release Date
If the company goes the same as rumors, the One UI 5 will be live for Galaxy consumers in July, while the Stable distribution is likely to happen after about two months of Beta testing. Accordingly, we can expect the Android 13′ arrival for the Galaxy S21 series later this year.
- Release Date – October 2022 [Expected]
Recently, we’ve checked the Beta Operations Manager’s activity landing page, which has had no changes since January this year. We will continue to provide the latest insights regarding the Android 13 and One UI 5.0 update development for your Galaxy devices, so stay tuned…
Samsung has started releasing the May 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S22 series smartphone users starting April 25. As of now, the update is available in various Asian countries, while today reached the T-Mobile variants in the United States. Read more
In February 2022, Google released the Android 13 Developer Preview for eligible Pixel devices, however, the stable version may likely debut in October this year. However, the US tech giant will share more details about the new OS at its annual conference AKA Google I/O 2022.