While other OEMs are busy providing June & July 2022 security patches, Samsung already started to release the August 2022 security update to Galaxy devices from the end of July. Unlike the last month, the Galaxy A32 became the first to receive this newer patch over the air even before changing the calendar month.
Since Samsung has dozens of smartphone models and tablets, it releases numerous software updates including June, July, and August 2022 security patches as well as new features, in addition to Android 12/13 (One UI 4.1/One UI 5.0 Beta) OS to Galaxy devices.
Here, we are talking about the Samsung August 2022 security patch that has already reached several eligible Galaxies. With each passing day, the list of updated devices will be extended and you can check the entire track in this dedicated article along with eligible devices, patch details, and more.
Samsung August 2022 Security Updates
You can check the CVE details below.
Already included in previous updates
- CVE-2022-22058, CVE-2022-20227
Not applicable to Samsung devices
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE August 2022 update reaches T-Mobile unit in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE August 2022 update reaches Verizon unit in the US | Read more
- Verizon releases Galaxy Z Flip 3 August 2022 security update in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A52s August 2022 update improves Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more
- Samsung Galaxy A52 grabbing August 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A52s August 2022 security update reaches Europe | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A33 receives August 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Fold receiving August 2022 security update | Read more
- Verizon Galaxy S22, S21 gets August 2022 security update in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 August 2022 update reaches the UK| Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 August 2022 patch updates 9 One UI apps| Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A23 August 2022 security patch brings camera improvements| Read more
- Carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy S22 getting August 2022 update in the US| Read more
- August 2022 update for Galaxy S21 expands to T-Mobile unit in the US| Read more
- Samsung expands Galaxy S21 August 2022 patch with various stock app upgrades| Read more
- Carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 5G gets August 2022 security update in the US| Read more
- Verizon rolls out Galaxy Z Fold 3 August 2022 update in the US
- New Samsung Galaxy S21 FE update installs August 2022 security patch
- Samsung updating 11 stock apps with Galaxy S20 August 2022 patch in Korea
- Galaxy A52s gets big August 2022 security update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE August 2022 security update starts rolling out
- Samsung August 2022 update improves Galaxy A73 camera, network functions
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 August 2022 security update reaches Europe
- 2nd last Samsung Note series getting August 2022 security update
- T-Mobile expands Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 August 2022 update in the US
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices – August 2022
Samsung shifted the Galaxy XCover 4s enterprise model to Quarterly updates, however, other devices remain the same. You can check eligible devices for monthly security updates below, to be mentioned, the list includes most of the flagship phones.
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
From the quarterly updates plan, Samsung removed the Galaxy A21 smartphone and shifted it to Biannual security updates. It means the device will now be getting two more new security updates within a year, and the support will be ended.
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A01 Core
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
Samsung has ended the security patch support for the Galaxy A8 Star smartphone after providing two new updates on a biannual basis. You can check current Galaxy devices eligible for Biannual Updates, below.
- Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
- Galaxy J6+
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31
- Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020)
- Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- W20 5G
Samsung July 2022 Security Updates
- Samsung July 2022 patch expands to USA, starting with Galaxy Note 20 unlocked | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 patch rolling out to Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the US [U] | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 gets July 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S22 gets July 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security update released for Galaxy A23 | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security update expands to Exynos Galaxy S22 [Europe] | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21 July 2022 security update released in Europe | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security patch rollout begins for Galaxy A32 | Read more
Samsung June 2022 Security Updates
Galaxy Z Series
Galaxy S Series
Galaxy Note Series
Galaxy A Series
Galaxy M Series
Galaxy F series
Galaxy Tab Series
Galaxy X Cover Series
Check for updates manually [Video]
Hurray! Samsung updates Galaxy Note 10 Lite with Android 13 One UI 5.0 [U: India too]
Users can identify it through One UI build version N770FXXU8HVK5 in the country. Meanwhile, to download it, just head over to the Settings >> Software update >> Download and install.
— Samsung One UI Software Updates (@SamSWUpdate) December 1, 2022
Original article: November 21 …
Samsung has finally started to roll out the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update for the Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphones. Initially, the update is releasing in France, however, the company will not take much time to spread the update to more users all over the world.
The Android 13 One UI 5.0 update for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite comes with a handful of advanced features and a user interface that will deliver a premium experience on your two-year-old flagship smartphone. Additionally, it installs the November 2022 patch for security purposes.
- Software version: N770FXXU8HVK5 [Europe]
One UI 5.0 offerings:
One UI 5.0 based on Android 13 OS installs dozens of new features to your Galaxy Note 10 Lite smartphone. There are 16 Color Palettes and Basic color options, an Extract text feature that lets you copy texts from images and screenshots, and Stack widgets so that you can easily drag and drop widgets.
Furthermore, with the new Per-app languages features, you can use different applications in different languages, the Notification permission offers you more control over your phone’s notifications, and with the ability to disable RAM Plus, you can fully take advantage of your device’s storage.
On the other side, the company also improves the user interface with One UI 5.0 software. It makes the Notification icons larger in the panel and the system app icons bolder. At the same time, the Settings app is getting three new compartments for Connected devices, Modes and Routines, and Security and Privacy.
In addition to these, the Camera app is getting a new Picture Watermark, histogram, easy zoom, and other features. The One UI 5.0 upgrade also brings a new mini pop-up for incoming calls, improvements to the Wallpapers and Style section, and many more.
How to download:
In order to get access to the new generation of Android OS, you need to visit your phone’s Settings. From here, enter the Software update menu and tap on Download and install option. Finally, hit the Download button and finish the short installation procedure.
Samsung Galaxy S10 getting November 2022 security update at Verizon US
The update comes with system security and stability improvements. These optimizations help protect your phone from unwanted issues and errors and keep your files and data safe. Additionally, it ensures that you get a seamless performance on your device.
Aside from these, Samsung’s November 2022 security patch details also mention fixes for dozens of vulnerabilities and exposures. These include 3 critical levels of Google CVEs that were highly harming the system security and privacy and were causing data leaks.
Other than these three, the fresh software update also includes 32 high and 1 moderate level of CVEs and 26 SVE items from Samsung to further increase users’ trust in their phone’s privacy.
- Galaxy S10: G973USQS8IVK1
- Galaxy S10e: G970USQS8IVK1
- Galaxy S10+: G975USQS8IVK1
How to download:
As soon as the November 2022 security update reaches your Verizon-bounded Samsung Galaxy S10 phone, it will notify you. In case you want to check it manually, simply head over to Settings and navigate to the Software update and Download and install options.
One UI 5.0 is speedily reaching eligible devices:
On October 24, Samsung first rolled out the stable Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update to Galaxy S22 phones and started to expand this major update to more customers on November 7. So far, the update has reached millions of Galaxy smartphones and tablet users.
Not only flagships like Galaxy S21, Z Fold 3, Z Fold 4, Z Flip 3, Z Flip 4, S21 FE, S20, S10 Lite, Tab S8, Tab S7, XCover 6 Pro, etc but many mid-range and low-cost phones including Galaxy A52, A52s, A53, M53, A71, M33, F42, F62, and more have also grabbed it. The update is continuously expanding to more users.
Samsung Galaxy F42 5G One UI 5.0/Android 13 update starts rolling out in India
The Korean company is dispatching the Samsung Galaxy F42 One UI 5.0 update with a handful of new features and countless improvements. Alongside, the OEM also installs the November 2022 Android security patch for system stability enhancements.
As per the official changelog, the One UI 5.0 update for your Galaxy smartphone comes with many new app icons, smoother animation, faster performance, and various user interface tweaks. It brings revamped Quick settings panel and the Notification panel that now has bigger notification icons.
While considering the features, the new software gets 16 color palettes and basic color options that will now apply to more Samsung, Google, and third-party apps, various Lock screen customization options to let users edit every element of the screen, and Connected devices Setting menu which has all connectivity related functions.
Next, the update brings the Extract text feature for copying text from images or banners, Per-app language to set different languages for different apps, and Notification permission to provide you more control over system notifications.
Furthermore, there are advanced Camera features that will guide you to capture perfect shots and add a Watermark to your pictures, a new Security and Privacy dashboard in the Settings, Stack Widgets feature for better Home Screen management, and much more.
Moreover, the fresh software update for Galaxy F42 bears the One UI build version E426BXXU3CVKC. You will get a notification for this update, whereas, to check it manually, visit the Settings app followed by Software update >> Download and install options.