While other OEMs are busy providing June & July 2022 security patches, Samsung already started to release the August 2022 security update to Galaxy devices from the end of July. Unlike the last month, the Galaxy A32 became the first to receive this newer patch over the air even before changing the calendar month.
Since Samsung has dozens of smartphone models and tablets, it releases numerous software updates including June, July, and August 2022 security patches as well as new features, in addition to Android 12/13 (One UI 4.1/One UI 5.0 Beta) OS to Galaxy devices.
Here, we are talking about the Samsung August 2022 security patch that has already reached several eligible Galaxies. With each passing day, the list of updated devices will be extended and you can check the entire track in this dedicated article along with eligible devices, patch details, and more.
Samsung August 2022 Security Updates
You can check the CVE details below.
Already included in previous updates
- CVE-2022-22058, CVE-2022-20227
Not applicable to Samsung devices
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE August 2022 update reaches T-Mobile unit in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21 FE August 2022 update reaches Verizon unit in the US | Read more
- Verizon releases Galaxy Z Flip 3 August 2022 security update in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A52s August 2022 update improves Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more
- Samsung Galaxy A52 grabbing August 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A52s August 2022 security update reaches Europe | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A33 receives August 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, Fold receiving August 2022 security update | Read more
- Verizon Galaxy S22, S21 gets August 2022 security update in the US | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 August 2022 update reaches the UK| Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 August 2022 patch updates 9 One UI apps| Read more
- Samsung Galaxy A23 August 2022 security patch brings camera improvements| Read more
- Carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy S22 getting August 2022 update in the US| Read more
- August 2022 update for Galaxy S21 expands to T-Mobile unit in the US| Read more
- Samsung expands Galaxy S21 August 2022 patch with various stock app upgrades| Read more
- Carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy S20 5G gets August 2022 security update in the US| Read more
- Verizon rolls out Galaxy Z Fold 3 August 2022 update in the US
- New Samsung Galaxy S21 FE update installs August 2022 security patch
- Samsung updating 11 stock apps with Galaxy S20 August 2022 patch in Korea
- Galaxy A52s gets big August 2022 security update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE August 2022 security update starts rolling out
- Samsung August 2022 update improves Galaxy A73 camera, network functions
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 August 2022 security update reaches Europe
- 2nd last Samsung Note series getting August 2022 security update
- T-Mobile expands Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 August 2022 update in the US
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices – August 2022
Samsung shifted the Galaxy XCover 4s enterprise model to Quarterly updates, however, other devices remain the same. You can check eligible devices for monthly security updates below, to be mentioned, the list includes most of the flagship phones.
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G, Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
From the quarterly updates plan, Samsung removed the Galaxy A21 smartphone and shifted it to Biannual security updates. It means the device will now be getting two more new security updates within a year, and the support will be ended.
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note9
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A01 Core
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7, Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7+, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
Samsung has ended the security patch support for the Galaxy A8 Star smartphone after providing two new updates on a biannual basis. You can check current Galaxy devices eligible for Biannual Updates, below.
- Galaxy A7 (2018), Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A01, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A71
- Galaxy J6+
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31
- Galaxy Tab A 10.5 (2018), Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020)
- Galaxy Tab S4, Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G
- W20 5G
Samsung July 2022 Security Updates
- Samsung July 2022 patch expands to USA, starting with Galaxy Note 20 unlocked | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 patch rolling out to Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the US [U] | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 gets July 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S22 gets July 2022 security update | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security update released for Galaxy A23 | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security update expands to Exynos Galaxy S22 [Europe] | Read more
- Samsung Galaxy S21 July 2022 security update released in Europe | Read more
- Samsung July 2022 security patch rollout begins for Galaxy A32 | Read more
Samsung June 2022 Security Updates
Galaxy Z Series
Galaxy S Series
Galaxy Note Series
Galaxy A Series
Galaxy M Series
Galaxy F series
Galaxy Tab Series
Galaxy X Cover Series
Check for updates manually [Video]
Samsung Galaxy S22 grabs September 2023 update in India
Samsung is releasing the September 2023 update for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra smartphones in India. The new update installs the latest security patch to improve system security and stability.
September 2023 security update for the Samsung Galaxy S22 series in India arrives with the One UI build version mentioned below.
- Galaxy S22 – S901EXXS7CWH6
- Galaxy S22 Plus – S906EXXS7CWH6
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – S908EXXS7CWH6
The installtion package size of this update is 389.60MB. This update focuses mainly on security fixes and does not introduce any new features or changes. According to the changelog, the update fixes over 60 issues found in smartphones and tablets in the previous version.
You can install the update through Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install.
Samsung Galaxy S20 series getting a massive firmware update in the US
Samsung is rolling out a new update for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, and Galaxy S20 Ultra, which comes with a big-size installation package of 1.3GB. The update installs the August 2023 security patch to improve system security.
However, the changelog of this update does not include any new feature or change except system security maintenance, stability optimizations, and bug fixes. Moreover, it updates several stock apps including Samsung Notes Add-ons, Galaxy Wearable, Kids, Notes, Health, SmartThing, Members, Wallet, Calculator, and Smart Switch to the latest version.
Users of the Samsung Galaxy S20 series can identify this massive update through One UI build version G98xU1UEU6HWHD. The update is currently rolling out for unlocked models in the US.
To install this update, you just need to visit Galaxy Store >> Software Updates >> Download and install.
Thanks for the tip! BrayhanRD😊
Samsung releases Galaxy S23 September 2023 update in Brazil
Samsung is pushing a new update with the September 2023 security update for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus, and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphones in Brazil. This update is already available in the US, Canada, and Europe.
September 2023 security update for the Galaxy S23 series comes in Brazil with the One UI build version mentioned below.
- Galaxy S23 – S911BXXS3AWI3
- Galaxy S23 Plus – S916BXXS3AWI3
- Galaxy S23 Ultra – S918BXXS3AWI3
Users will have to download around 331.46MB package to install the update. The latest firmware fixes over 60 flaws found in smartphones and tablets in the previous version. The update improves the device’s system security, stability, and overall performance.
However, this update does not include any new feature or change. The update is rolling out gradually, so reaching all eligible devices may take some time. You can install the latest update through Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install.