In early 2021, Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 series flagships, pre-loaded with Android 11-based One UI 3.1 software. The Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra were the first to receive the Android 12-based One UI 4 Beta/Stable version, while eligible for three more major upgrades including the Android 13.
Up from the regular three OS updates promise, Samsung extended the support to four years for the Galaxy S21 series devices. Aside from the major Android and One UI upgrades, the company has also promised to deliver at least five years of regular security patches.
After the Android 12-based One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 updates, Samsung Galaxy S21 series phones are now eligible and eager to receive the upcoming Android 13-based One UI 5 (Beta/Stable) version. To be mentioned, Google debuted Android 13 on the Developer Preview channel back in February 2022, while it is limited to Pixel phones.
Galaxy S21 Android 13 Beta Status
Similar to the last year, Samsung’s latest Galaxy S series devices became eligible to get the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta update, among others. However, the Samsung Galaxy S21 series also joined the party with the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta in a handful of countries.
- On September 21, Samsung released the One UI 5.0 Beta 2 for Galaxy S21 in the US.
- On September 8, the Galaxy S21’s One UI 5.0 Beta program expanded to India.
- On August 30, Samsung started the One UI 5.0 Beta program in South Korea and UK
- On August 6, the Korean tech giant showcased the One UI 5, based on Android 13, Beta ROM for the Galaxy S22 series devices. Read more
Galaxy S21 Android 13 Release Date
If the company goes the same as rumors, the One UI 5 will be live for Galaxy consumers in July, while the Stable distribution is likely to happen after about two months of Beta testing. Accordingly, we can expect the Android 13′ arrival for the Galaxy S21 series later this year.
- Release Date – October 2022 [Expected]
October 11, 2022
Samsung released third One UI 5.0 Beta update for the Galaxy S21 series smartphones in the Korean market. The latest ZVJ3 build comes with plenty of bug fixes and improvements for an even more stable system and functional performance. Check bugs that have been fixed below:
- Improved that Favorites and Recent items can be added and removed in Gallery album
- Fixed the issue executed sleep mode automatically
- Fixed the issue occurred vibration sound/beep sound continuously
- Fixed crash when entering App folder
- Fixed crash when changing Wallpapers
- Fixed crash in S pen Air Command
- Fixed the problem for Object eraser not working
- Fixed vibration feedback not working in Home gesture
- Fixed the frame breaking issue when entering from Widget to Home
- Deleted Multi-user function
- Other minor bug fixes
October 10, 2022
A new One UI 5.0 Beta build has been spotted for the Galaxy S21 series on Samsung Server which has version number ZVJ2 and includes October 2022 security patch.
New updated One UI 5 beta build found for S21 series on Server with Oct Patch as I in build number changes to J.
Its same as S22 series
ZVJ2 is now latest one..
I hope Rollout is really soon and tomorrow is the day
— Tarun Vats (@tarunvats33) October 5, 2022
October 1, 2022
Samsung releases the second One UI 5.0 Beta update for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone users in the US. It comes with several bug fixes that have been reported by Beta participants with the initial Beta update.
Build Version – ZVIE
- Fixed One UI crashes during normal usage
- Fixed One UI crashes when opening any folder
- Fixed Themes crashes after opening wallpaper in setting
- Fixed the issue that Camera keeps stopping
- Fixed force close and “can’t take screenshot due to security policy” pop up coming while taking screenshot from device
- Fixed the issue that Settings has stopped force close occur when we tap on color by keyword option
- Fixed Edge lightning style subtext not updated and option not working in Dex mode after select any option under the edge lightning style
- Fixed the issue that text is shown cropped when open Air command commands in split screen view
- Fixed the issue that Camera quick launch is not working
- Fixed the issue that Camera switch to Front and Rear is not working when double press power key in Camera
- Fixed the issue that Video editor crash occur when edit video
- Fixed the issue that Force close is occurring while entering in clock application if timer selected
- Fixed the issue that Camera preview is appearing black and not working while switching guest to owner mode
- Fixed the issue of not able to change single chat notification in message app
- Fixed the issue that force close is occuring while adding right app shortcut after deletion
- Fixed the issue that force close is occuring while editing video in popup view
- Fixed the issue that Call screen UI is not correct in guest mode
September 21, 2022
Samsung announced the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta testing program for the carrier unlocked units of the Galaxy S21, S21+ and S21 Ultra in the US.
September 11, 2022
On September 8, Samsung expanded the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta testing activity for the Galaxy S21 series devices in India.
August 30, 2022
Samsung confirms that the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone users are now eligible to join the One UI 5.0 Beta program in South Korea, in order to start experiencing the Android 13 OS ahead of its stable release.
August 19, 2022
Samsung released the first One UI 5.0 Beta for the Galaxy S22 series devices. However, it seems like the company is already working on the development of the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 Beta for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphones in South Korea.
- Firmware versions:
August 08, 2022
According to RPRNA, SamMobile heard that Samsung has started internal testing of the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 firmware on the Galaxy S21, S21+, S21 Ultra, S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra devices. However, the blog has not heard anything (like release date, Beta availability) other than what everyone knows!
August 05, 2022
Seems like, Samsung has delayed the One UI 5 Beta program for the Galaxy devices as Google shifted the official Android 13 launch to September. Meanwhile, a screenshot, shared by a Reddit user, suggests that T-Mobile US is testing the Android 13 firmware on the Galaxy S21 Ultra.
July 23, 2022
Going by the information shared by the user, Samsung Galaxy S21 One UI 5.0/One UI 4.1.1 update is testing in the UK and it carries the One UI build version G998BXXU5DVGA. We know that after the Galaxy S22, the Galaxy S21 series is most eligible to get the One UI 5.0 beta update.
July 9, 2022
Samsung is likely to start the Android 13 Beta program for Galaxy devices in the third week, while we just got our first look at One UI 5 Beta design and UI changes. Check it out here
May 29, 2022
Google has released the Android 13 Beta 2.1 for the Pixel devices that had already joined the Beta testing program. It comes with fixes for some major issues for a better user experience, meanwhile, you can check the changelog mentioned below.
- Fixed an issue where typing in the search bar resulted in a blank list of suggestions.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart when turning on the hotspot.
- Fixed an issue where a continuous call dialing sound could be heard in the background during a phone call.
- Fixed an issue where devices would crash and restart after disconnecting from Android Auto.
Recently, we’ve checked the Beta Operations Manager’s activity landing page, which has had no changes since January this year. We will continue to provide the latest insights regarding the Android 13 and One UI 5.0 update development for your Galaxy devices, so stay tuned…
Samsung has started releasing the May 2022 security patch to the Galaxy S22 series smartphone users starting April 25. As of now, the update is available in various Asian countries, while today reached the T-Mobile variants in the United States. Read more
In February 2022, Google released the Android 13 Developer Preview for eligible Pixel devices, however, the stable version may likely debut in October this year. However, the US tech giant will share more details about the new OS at its annual conference AKA Google I/O 2022.
[Official] Samsung will update these Galaxy devices to Android 13 One UI 5.0
One UI 5.0 officially debuted on October 12 while Samsung started the Stable update rollout on October 24. The new Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update will continue to be available for more eligible Galaxy devices in the coming and next few months.
At first, Samsung will release the Android 13 update for flagship Galaxy devices such as the Galaxy Z series, Galaxy S series, Galaxy Note series, and select Galaxy A series devices. While flagship Galaxy phones will likely start getting the One UI 5.0 update in November 2022, rollout for mid-rangers will begin in December.
Samsung One UI 5.0 update is packed with a number of new features and improvements for Galaxy devices. Features availability may vary by device and network carrier due to hardware limitations. You can check all new One UI 5 features and tips and tricks here, followed by eligible devices that are officially confirmed.
Note: The list is based on the One UI 5 roadmap for Europe.
Galaxy Z Series
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip 4 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G/LTE – Rolling out
- Galaxy Z Flip, Z Flip 5G – Rolling out
Galaxy S Series
- Galaxy S22 – Rolling out
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy S21+ 5G
- Galaxy S21 5G
- Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- Galaxy S20 Ultra – Rolling out
- Galaxy S20+
- Galaxy S20
- Galaxy S20 FE – Rolling out
- Galaxy S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy S10 Lite
Galaxy Note Series
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – Rolling out
- Galaxy Note 20
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite – Rolling out
Galaxy Tab Series
- Galaxy Tab S8+, S8+ 5G
- Galaxy Tab S8, S8 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra, S8 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7 – Rolling out
- Galaxy Tab S7+
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro 5G
- Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab Active3
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
Galaxy A Series
- Galaxy A53 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy A33 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy A72 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A71 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A52 – Rolling out
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy A52s 5G
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A32 5G
- Galaxy A23 5G
- Galaxy A22, A22 5G
- Galaxy A13, A13 5G
- Galaxy A12
- Galaxy A04s
- Galaxy A03, A03s
Galaxy M Series
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy M52 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy M33 5G
- Galaxy M32
- Galaxy M23 5G – Rolling out
- Galaxy M22
- Galaxy M13
- Galaxy M12
Galaxy XCover Series
- Galaxy XCover 6 Pro – Rolling out
- Galaxy XCover Pro
- Galaxy XCover 5
Samsung updated these Galaxy A series devices to Android 13/One UI 5.0
The Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software update is live for various Galaxy devices and Samsung is aiming to conclude the deployment by February 2023. Along with flagships like Galaxy Z, S, and Note, Samsung also updated Galaxy A series smartphones to the new Android 13 One UI 5.0 user interface.
So far, Samsung updated these Galaxy A phones to Android 13/One UI 5.0:
[Roadmap] Here’s when your Galaxy A series phone will get Android 13:
According to Samsung Germany, in December 2022, the Android 13 update will be released for the Galaxy A72, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A51, and Galaxy A32 5G smartphones.
In January 2023, the Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A22, A22 5G, Galaxy A13, A13 5G, and Galaxy A12 budget phones will have the new OS upgrade. Lastly, Galaxy A04s and Galaxy A03/A03s are scheduled for One UI 5.0 in February.
What’s new with Samsung’s Android 13 update:
Taking all the goodness of Android 13, Samsung created the One UI 5.0 software for Galaxy devices. It brings top-notch customization capabilities, competitive system animations, additional new features and a lot more.
Thanks to the Material You theming engine, Android 13-based One UI 5.0 is now capable of applying Dynamic Icons on stock Samsung apps, as well as supported Google and third-party applications.
When it comes to customization, you can now create your own lockscreen with various ways of customization, apply new wallpaper from the new dedicated section of wallpapers as well as call background for each contact.
Check more at One UI 5.0 features, tips and tricks
[U: Expanding] Samsung Galaxy A71 grabs Android 13 One UI 5.0 update
[Nov. 26] Update – Expanding in Europe…
[Nov. 21] Initial story…
Samsung is just killing it with massive Android 13 update distribution across all segments of Galaxy devices. After Fan Editions and Lite version of Note 10 series, Samsung pushed the Stable Android 13 One UI 5.0 update for the Galaxy A71 smartphone.
If you have Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone in Poland (right now!), just head towards Settings and download the latest Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update, which carries PDA version number A715FXXU8DVK1. In addition, the update package includes a newer Android security patch for security advancements.
Android 13 is the last operating system upgrade for this 2020 mid-range smartphone, the same goes for its younger brother Galaxy A51. Both the Galaxy A71 and A51 are eligible for three major OS updates and four years of regular security patches.
In January next year, the devices will have their “third anniversary” and Samsung has already delivered the biggest gift in the form of Android 13 One UI 5.0. This major switch provides a whole new experience to the users of millions of Galaxy devices, worldwide.
How to update
Samsung consumers can check new software updates manually with a handful of simple steps. Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s “System Settings,” once done, scroll down and tap the “Software update” tab, followed by the “Download and install” button.
What’s new with Samsung’s Android 13 update
The One UI 5.0 update brings minor yet significant tweaks in various parts of the user interface such as the notification panel, control center, transparency, and system app icons. However, the One UI 5’s advantage can be doubled by using the brand-new Good Lock suite.
Customers can copy text content from images available in the Gallery and Camera viewfinder itself, thanks to One UI 5’s text extraction feature. And of course, there are a lot of new ways for users who love customizing their smartphone and the user interface. Check all here | One UI 5.0 Features