Samsung started releasing One UI 5.0 beta updates for limited Galaxy devices and will expand this program for more eligible devices soon. The beta updates bring several new features and improvements for a seamless experience. Along with a lot of new features of One UI 5.0 betas, the company has added a new option in Settings called Connected Devices.
Samsung One UI 5.0 Connected Devices
Samsung smartphone users who are testing the One UI 5 beta can check out the Connected devices option on their smartphone by visiting Settings. You can see this option below Connections.
So what do you think, there are new features in this new Setting option? No, there is no new feature in this option. As the name suggests, it has almost all smartphone connectivity options. The company has kept all the connectivity options in one place for a better experience.
Let’s know the Connection devices in more detail, inside it there’re several options you can check them below.
- This feature allows users to share any file, videos, and photos with a group of people.
Auto Switch Buds
- It automatically switches your Galaxy Buds from other devices to this phone when you make or answer call, play media or talk to Bixby
Call & text on other devices
- By using your phone’s number and mobile plan you can call and text from your Galaxy Watch, talent, or speaker.
Continue Apps on other devices
- This feature let you continue the work you left off on other devices signed in to your Samsung account.
Link to Window
- This feature connects your PC or laptop with your smartphone.
- With this feature, you will get a full desktop interface when you connect to a monitor, TV, or PC wirelessly or with an HDMI or USB cable.
- This feature also users to connect their smartphones with other devices like TV, monitor, and more for a better viewing experience.
- You to control and monitor your home environment through a mobile device to meet your specific needs.
- Android Auto is a smart driving companion that helps users stay focused, connected, and entertained with Google Assistant.
To be mentioned, the above connectivity options were earlier in the Advanced Features & Apps options of Settings, which have now been brought to Connected devices.
Samsung Canada: Galaxy Z Flip, A53/A52 and A71 will get One UI 5.0 on December 13
Samsung One UI 5.0 is based on Android 13 operating system, which brings notable changes in the device’s usability and software appearance. Samsung’s custom Android skin introduces meaningful changes in the user interface alongside various new and useful features for your Galaxy.
So far, the company delivered its major firmware update to dozens of Galaxy devices globally. However, network carriers in Canada now revealed the One UI 5.0/Android 13 update release date for the Galaxy Z Flip LTE/5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A71 smartphones.
According to the support pages of Fido and Telus, the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update will rollout for the Galaxy Z Flip LTE/5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A71 on December 13, 2022 in Canada. The new software will also carry a newer security patch for better device reliability.
Fido/Telus One UI 5.0 Release –
- Galaxy A52 5G
- Galaxy A53 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy A71
All of the above-listed Galaxy devices have started to receive the Android 13 update in the international market. Canadian users have to wait a bit longer than the global variants due to additional testing and certification by the network provider.
Android 13 is the last major firmware update for the Galaxy Z Flip LTE/5G and Galaxy A71 smartphone users. However, the Galaxy A52 will get Android 14 as well, while, the Galaxy A53 supports major upgrades up to Android 16 (One UI 8.0 tentative name).
How to update
Samsung consumers can check new software updates manually with a handful of simple steps. Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s “System Settings,” once done, scroll down and tap the “Software update” tab, followed by the “Download and install” button.
One UI 5.0: Customize app icons on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Samsung‘s One UI offers a bunch of options to customize everything on the Galaxy smartphone. With the latest One UI 5.0, Samsung has added several new options to provide a smooth experience. Icons are one of the most important parts of the user interface as we see it every time while using the smartphone, you can customize app icons on your One UI 5.0 smartphone.
With the enhanced Dynamic Theme feature, we can now apply the theme color to stock and third-party apps that support it, but many apps don’t change, which makes the app drawer look ugly at times. But don’t worry because Samsung provides another option to customize the app icons which is the Theme Park Good Lock Module.
You can easily customize the size, shape, and color of the icons as you wish and beautify your home screen and app screen. Let’s see how to customize app icons in your One UI 5.0 Samsung smartphone.
How to customize app icons in Samsung smartphones?
1. Visit the Good Lock app on your Galaxy smartphone
2. Now, download the Theme Park module of Make Up category.
3. Open the Theme Park module.
4. Press on the Icon option present at the bottom.
5. Tap on Create new button.
6. New options appear for customizing the icons:
Shape: You can select any one shape from 11 different options.
- Icon Color: You can choose the color of the icon
- Tray color: For the background of the icon, you can choose a color from here.
Size: You can adjust the size of the icon through the slider.
Icon Pack: From here, you can see the downloaded icon pack and when you apply any pack, app icons are changed with the images of the selected icon pack.
7. If you have selected the color, shape, and size of icons then you have to press on the download icon present at the top left corner.
8. A new pop-up appears, enter the name and press OK.
9. Now, select the icon pack that you have newly created.
10. Click on the Apply option.
11. It is done.
Note: Good Lock app is available only for flagship Samsung devices.
Verizon rolls out Android 13 update for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4 in the US [One UI 5.0]
Verizon-locked Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphones have begun installing the latest Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update in the United States. This update uncovers a handful of new features and improvements to the new foldable devices as well as brings a new user interface for a fresh look.
Aside from the major changes, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 Android 13 update also installs the November 2022 Android security patch for Verizon customers. It resolves dozens of privacy and security-related issues and vulnerabilities.
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 – F936USQU1BVKB
- Galaxy Z Flip 4 – F721USQU1BVKB
Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4:
The Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 are two of the latest Samsung foldable smartphones that arrive with many improvements over their predecessors. The device was launched with the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 software that has some iconic features like Taskbar.
Furthermore, the Android 13 is the first major software update for these foldables. And since they are eligible for Samsung’s new software update, they will receive three generations of Android OS upgrades.
Android 13 One UI 5.0:
The Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update brings lots of new features including Notification permission, Per-app languages, 16 Color Palette options, revamped Wallpaper and Style section, multiple Lock Screen customization capabilities, and more.
It further adds three new Settings – Connected devices, Modes and Routines, and Privacy and security, new Camera Watermark feature, improved Single Take, the ability to disable RAM Plus, rebuilt Quick Settings Panel and Notification Panel, and others.