If your Galaxy phone’s sound is annoying you, and probably get notifications from many different apps, popping up alerts about messages, emails, replies and more. If you like the idea of getting specific notifications and are annoyed by the sounds your Samsung phone is making, there is a way to change it.
Luckily, with One UI 4.0, Samsung has not only redesigned Quick Panel with more compact notifications and an improved layout, but it also provides users to customize their phone’s notification sound. There is also a separation between silent notifications and alert notifications, making it easy for you to triage notifications when they arrive.
We’re going to show you what to do to change that notification sound and how to select specific notification sounds for specific apps so that only you can hear what you want.
One UI 4.0 Notification Sounds
Choose all your notifications to a new sound
This option is perfect if you like your Samsung phone to make more pleasant sounds, without wanting different sounds. With these steps, you can change the sound of all notifications for all apps to a similar alert as you like.
- Swipe down to access your Quick Settings.
- Select the Settings option with a gear-like icon.
- In the Settings menu, there should be one of the Sound & Vibration options. Select it to continue.
- Select Notification Sound in the next menu.
You will now see a list of notification sounds that you can set. Choose one and all your notifications will play with that sound. That’s all you have to do.
Set up a customized notification for the personal app
Normal notification sounds are pleasing, but most people prefer different notification sounds to tell which app is sending the alert but do not like the native sound that the app itself does. Fortunately, you can usually change the Notifications app through the app to get the exact sounds you want. Here’s what to do.
- Just swipe down to open your Quick Settings menu and select the Gear-like Settings icon.
- This time, scroll down until you find the App and select it.
- Select the app you want to launch.
- The next window shows the different types of information about the app. Look in the App Settings section to find the Notifications option and Select it.
Remember that you can choose to enable or disable notifications for this app. This is a great way to make sure that only certain apps on your Samsung phone are making sounds. If this is one of the apps you want to make noise, show notifications should be turned on.
Now, this part may change a bit depending on your Samsung phone, you can choose others to continue. Sometimes you need to select a specific function of the app to continue.
Note that this window is also a great option if you need alerts, but prioritize them without making noise. Instead, you can set your phone to vibrate or light blink. You can also choose whether you want to see notifications on your lock screen. This is a great setting option for extensive customization, so you may want to check it out for every active app you use.
What about adding new sounds or custom sounds?
Setting up custom notification sounds as custom ringtones are not easy, but it is possible if you want to take a few extra steps.
- First, you need to get the sound file of the sound you want mp3 or something like that. Download it to your Samsung phone.
The file will probably download automatically to the Music folder, so you need to go to the My Files app, then select the audio, then select the Music, and find your sound file. Long press on the file, and then select Copy.
- Go back to the My Files home screen and select Internal Storage.
- Scroll down until you see Notifications and select it. Once in the info folder, select Copy here.
- Now when you go to Settings and see the options to change your notification sound, you will see your sound file name in the list so you can select it and change it to your customized sound.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Wearable, stay connected!
Samsung Wearables is a fantabulous app to stay connected with your wearable accessories. This Galaxy application connects your wearable devices to your smartphones.
The Application facilitates you to manage and monitor the wearable device features and applications which you have installed through Galaxy Apps. A user just needs to install the app on the smartphone, then pair it with wearable accessories.
What features are manageable with the application?
- Application download and settings
- Find my Watch
- Software updates
- Clock settings
- Mobile device connection and disconnection
- Notification type and settings, etc.
The settings and features will appear in front of you when your wearable device is connected via Bluetooth to advantage of all the features. Let me tell you frankly that features will not properly work without a stable connection between your wearable device and your mobile phone.
What things does the user need to take care of?
- The Samsung wearable application does not support the VR gears or Gear 360
- For enjoying the Samsung Wearable application should be installed with the latest User Interface
- Only for the Galaxy Buds model, the galaxy wearable application can be used with your tablet
- Do not forget to allow Galaxy wearable permissions.
Required permissions in brief?
- Contacts, it is used to provide services that need to be linked with the account using registered Samsung account information.
- The phone is used to check device-unique identification information for updating apps and installing plug-in apps.
- The location is used to search for nearby devices for gearing and paring through Bluetooth.
- The last one is storage, used to transmit and receive the stored files with Gears.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch 4, which is completely pairable and compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S21. It facilitates me to download and change lots of watch faces, and I can monitor all my notifications and update the wearable device. So if you have the wearable accessory you have to try it.
One UI 4.1: Samsung Shop, here is everything you need!
Samsung shop is a really fabulous one. Here is everything you need. If you want to buy new smartphones, bought a new house, want to renovate your place, or buy a gift for your little ones. Samsung Shop provides you with great offers and deals.
Samsung Shop has already been top-ranked among the world’s most trusted brands in several countries. Here you are eligible to shop for all Samsung smartphones and premium products such as TVs, Home Theaters, Home Appliances, headphones, speakers, etc.
Here you can find the right Samsung product for you. The shop facilitates you to Chat, Click and Buy. The user is eligible to discover best-selling Samsung products and get discounts and deals on smartphones, appliances, and more.
Why a person should prefer Samsung Shop?
- Here you can learn about your favorite Samsung products
- Have a discount and deals at a single doorstep
- Easily shop online
- You can track your order updates, delivery details, and current locations
- Enjoy free shipping on selected products
- Collect your favorite in one place and add them to your wish list
- The purchase and checkout are faster than remember you
- With Samsung, you can easily maintain a secure spot to manage your payment information.
Under mobile phones and accessories, you can save your latest Galaxy smartphone. Many things are available here such as Galaxy watches and wearables and more. Even if you have the facility to get a television designed according to your lifestyle, do not get amazed, it is true.
Discover the deals not only on TV but other home appliances, such as washing machines, air conditioners, microwaves, kitchen appliances, and more. Get the best deals on the computing device display, ultra-wide, curved, and gaming monitors. Shop for gaming SSDs, memory cards, flash drives, and more. Samsung truly makes the world a wonderful place to live in.
15 hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 features!
When Samsung launched Galaxy S22 series in February, the company also unveiled One UI 4.1 custom software system with lots of improvements, customization options, and some new features. Almost all of the new and flagship devices have already got access to the new version.
You must have noticed many useful changes that have made your Galaxy experience more intuitive, easier, and fun. But there will definitely be many One UI 4.1 features that you will not be familiar with.
Meanwhile, SammyFans is here with 15 wonderful and hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 features that will change the way you use your phone. Let’s have a dive into those features!
Hidden Samsung One UI 4.1 Features
Take selfies using Voice or Hand gesture
Taking selfies is a trend nowadays. Samsung understands this and thus provides some cool ways to make snapping selfies a lot more versatile. Now you won’t have to face trouble and blurry pictures by tapping the circle to take a selfie, you can do it with your Voice or Hand Gestures.
To activate selfie gestures on your Galaxy:
- Open the Camera app.
- Tap the Settings in the top-left corner.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap “Shooting methods.”
- Tap the toggles next to “Voice commands” and “Show palm.”
Now, you can activate the shutter by saying”smile,” “cheese,” capture,” or “shoot”. This works with both the front and rear-facing cameras. To take a selfie or record a video using gestures, simply hold up your palm to the front-facing camera, or say “Record video.”
Customize anything with Good Lock
Good Lock is a powerful application for Samsung devices that has many modules to let you customize the overall look of your phone. From options to customize the notification panel, sound panel, keyboard, and others, there are many additional features that the real One UI doesn’t have.
Get more information about every Good Lock 2022 module:
- Nice Catch
- Keys Cafe
- Home UP
- Sound Assistant
- One Hand Operation+
- Theme Park
- Nice Shot
One Hand Operation+: Use Gestures exactly as you want
Samsung’s One Hand Operation+ app lets you completely customize how gestures work on your phone. It enables a slim gesture handle on either side of your screen and customizes it to perform actions, such as loading the previous page in your browser, turning off the display, or taking screenshots – a functionality that requires you to use the ‘palm swipe to capture’ feature.
Dual Messenger lets you create two different accounts for the same messaging app on the same device. Both these accounts will work as usual. You will be able to send and receive messages to/from either of the two active app accounts basis on your preference.
Now you can keep your accounts for work and home separate to avoid confusion. To do this:
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Open Advanced features.
- Go to Dual Messenger.
- Tap the switch of an app to install the second app.
- The second app will be installed and displayed.
- To choose which contacts have access to the secondary Messenger app, tap Use separate contact list.
Samsung Secure Folder keeps your private photos, videos, files, apps, and data safe and secure. With this, users can add an existing app on their phone to their Secure Folder to make a copy of the app.
You can also add new apps from Galaxy Store or Play Store only to install them in the Secure Folder itself and only these apps can access your hidden files. To create a secure folder:
- Enter the Setting of your smartphone.
- Tap Biometrics and security.
- Tap Secure Folder.
- You will need to sign into or create a Samsung Account.
- Tap Sign in, Continue or Agree.
- Enter your Samsung Account details, then tap Sign in or OK.
- Choose the lock method you wish to use, then tap Next.
- Enter the lock method, then choose Continue.
- Enter the lock method again, then choose Confirm.
- A shortcut to the Secure Folder will be added to your Home and Apps screen.
Call display while using apps setting
- Go to Phone app settings.
- Tap Call display while using apps.
- Select among Full-screen, Pop-up, and Mini pop-up.
- Keep calls in a pop-up: After calls are answered, keep them in the pop-up.
Remove animations and Speed things
You can turn off the animations on your device, such as when you open or close apps, which make it seem more snappy in daily use to speed up things and the performance of your phone. To activate this feature:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Accessibility
- Tap Visibility enhancements.
- Tap the toggle by Remove animations to turn the feature on.
- If you notice this causes issues, you can easily turn it off again in the same way.
Fit more apps onto your Home Screen or App Drawer
You can easily increase the number of apps you can pack on your Home Screen or App Drawer. To do this:
- Open the Home screen settings menu by pinching Home Screen with two fingers.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Home screen grid or Apps screen grid.
- Resize them as you see fit.
Lock your Home Screen Layout
There’s an easy way to put a stop if you’re forever accidentally shifting the carefully arranged icons on your Home screen around. Now you can’t remove or move any of the apps until you unlock it again. To do this:
- Open the Home screen settings menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the toggle by the Lock Home screen layout to activate this feature.
- If you want to unlock it again, simply tag the toggle.
Samsung devices have the ability to blink the LED light on your phone’s camera when you have an incoming call or message, making it less likely for you to miss it. To enable it:
- Head over to the Settings of your smartphone.
- Go to Accessibility.
- Enter Advanced settings.
- Tap Flash notifications.
- Tap Flash camera notification.
- Enable Camera flash notification.
- You can enable flash notifications for selected apps.
Double-tap the Display to turn it ON and OFF
If you want to open or close your phone quickly without having to press the power key, you can simply double-tap on the screen to wake it up or turn it off. To do this:
- Head to Settings >> Advanced features >> Motions and gestures.
- Tap the toggles by Double tap to turn on the screen and Double tap to turn off the screen.
- You can also toggle Lift to wake, which turns your screen on when you raise your phone.
Mute incoming calls and alarms by flipping your phone
You can just flip your phone over or put your hand over the screen to mute the alarm or calls. To turn on this feature:
- Go to Settings.
- Enter Advanced features.
- Tap Motion and gestures.
- Tap the toggle to Mute with a gesture to activate it.
Video call effects
You can use this feature to change the background including a blur effect, colors, and pictures. Samsung video call effect feature also blocks background noise during a video call. To enable it:
- Open your phone’s Settings.
- Go to Advanced Features.
- Click on Video call effect.
- Finally, tap the toggle to enable it.
- A video call icon will be added to the video calling app’s screen.
Use palm swipe to take screenshot
Samsung offers many ways to let users capture a screenshot, one among them is Palm Swipe. To enable this method:
- Go to Settings of your phone.
- Select Palm swipe to capture.
- Tap the switch next to ‘Palm swipe to capture.
Access all Quick Settings with One Swipe
Samsung Quick Settings Panel allows you to use the most commonly used features such as WiFi, Bluetooth, QR Code scanner, sound, and more with just a tap. It has multiple features by default. You can arrange them according to your preferences as well as can add new or remove old ones too.
To access Quick Settings’ settings:
- Open the Quick settings panel by swiping down from the top of the screen.
- Then, tap and hold the name of the feature under the icon.
- For example, if you want to access the Flashlight settings, tap and hold the Flashlight option.
- A setting menu will automatically appear.
- Certain settings might be grayed out or not appear if the feature is turned off (e.g., Wi-Fi networks may not show if Wi-Fi is turned off).