Back in February 2019, Samsung launched the Galaxy Tab S5e, which comes pre-installed with Android 9 Pie-based One UI 1. Later on, the OEM provided the first major Android upgrade that is the Android 10 to these tablets. This version also equips the second generation of the One UI, the One UI 2.0.
As we know, the South Korean tech giant is just killing with software updates in terms of delivering the Android 11 and One UI 3 update. Not only the One UI 3.0, but the company also impressing its consumers by rolling out the 3.1 version of One UI. Meanwhile, Samsung has not forgotten the remaining devices that are eligible to get the One UI 2.5 features.
According to the latest news, AT&T branded Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e tablets have started receiving the One UI 2.5 update in the US. It is worth mentioning that the One UI 2.5 is also based on Android 10 and brings plenty of new features and system optimizations.
Identified via release number T727AUCU1CUB2, this update weighs over 500MB and installs the latest Android patches released in February 2021. New security updates keep your tablet secure against different threats and exploits. There’s a bunch of new features included with this update, check out them below.
WHAT DOES ONE UI 2.5 BRINGS:
Samsung One UI 2.5 adds a new Wireless DeX feature (AKA Samsung DeX) that lets users connect their device with TVs without any wired connection. Moreover, it also brings numerous major features but doesn’t change the user interface.
Always On Display now supports bitmoji stickers, and you can search on YouTube directly via Samsung Keyboard. The Pro Video feature of the Camera app has also been enhanced. Coming to Wi-Fi, after this software update, you’ll notice Wi-Fi connections strength as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
HERE’S HOW TO CHECK FOR UPDATES:
- Open Device Settings
- Scroll down until the Software updates option
- Select the Download and install button.
Samsung One UI 2.5 Changelog:
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
– Importing PDF files is supported.
– Adding handwriting over text is possible.
– Dividing by pages and searching by page number are supported.