Samsung Galaxy A71 5G devices started getting a new update in the U.S. that comes with One UI 2.5 and the latest One UI security patch. The devices locked on T-Mobile receiving this update, just recently Samsung has rolled out the same update widely for unlocked devices.
According to the information, T-Mobile rolling a new update with a software version of A716USQU2BTJ3 to its locked Galaxy A71 5G devices. This update weighs 973.25MB and also installs October 2020 security patch for better device security against threats. It also enables 5G stand alone support on the device.
Samsung One UI 2.5 update is based on Android 10. It comes with a new update for Wi-Fi that can measure routers connection quality as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow. Bitmoji stickers support for Always on Display feature lets you feel fresher lock screen.
There are many updates that come with One UI 2.5 including updates in Samsung Keyboard, Samsung Note now able to import pdf files, and added handwriting over text support.
In the camera department, it enhances several camera features including, AR Doodle, AR Emoji, Scene optimizer, and Smart Scan. One UI 2.5 for T-Mobile Galaxy A71 also brings a new feature that allows you to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
You can check for the latest software update manually:
- Tap Settings > Software update > Download and install.
- Wait for the device to check for updates.
- Tap OK > Start.
- When the restart message appears, tap OK.
Enable 5G NR stand alone new technology.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– Enhanced camera features. : AR Doodle, AR Emoji, Scene optimizer, Smart Scan
– Improved the quality and stability of the camera.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The security of your device has been improved.
Want to send us Tips, Update Screenshots, or a Message? connect with us here:
- Message us on Twitter