Samsung started sending a new firmware update to the Galaxy S21 series devices in India. It comes with the latest June 2021 security patch in order to enhance the system security. However, the changelog of this update shows improvements for the camera performance.
It’s important to mention that the Galaxy S21 series had already received the June 2021 security patch last month. Later on, the company released the 2nd June update with some system improvements and the 3rd arrived with major Camera fixes.
In terms of identification, the Galaxy S21 series firmware update carries build versions: G998BXXU3AUF6, G996BXXU3AUF6, and G991BXXU3AUF6 for the Galaxy S21 Ultra, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21. You can also check the changelog of this update below.
A few days ago, Samsung revealed the details of changes that come with the June 2021 update for the Galaxy S21 series. Meanwhile, the June 2021 update brings fixes for 47 CVEs from Google and 19 SCEs from Samsung.
Galaxy S21 June s/w update camera improvements
- Performance optimization in major camera scenarios (improving stuttering)
- Optimized the portrait mode engine.
- Optimized memory and engine when shooting with high magnification zoom.
- A function has been added so that QR code scan can retrieve and recognize QR images stored in the gallery.
- The usability of the video call effect (Manual color function added) has been improved. Details will be announced separately.
The in-charge moderator disclosed that the engineers had worked regularly to fix the severe camera lag issue on the Galaxy S21. Adding to this, this update also comes with an improved Portrait Mode and optimized memory usage while using high zoom levels.
Although the update log of the Galaxy S21 series doesn’t show any new features, Samsung included a new feature that allows users to scan and recognize QR codes from images stored in the gallery. At last, the new update improves the Video Call Effect feature and Night Mode as well.
Thanks for the tip – Mohan!