Samsung was started sending Android 10 update to its Galaxy Tab S4 before three months. The device got Android 10 update in France first, after that the update available in other countries and regions.
Now the Verizon sending Android 10 based One UI 2.1 update to its Galaxy Tab S4 users in the US. Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 getting a new update with a build number T837VVRU4CTH6. The update has a major Android update with many new features.
This software update brings the latest Android OS 10, with new features including Live Transcribe, improved Gestures and Camera UX, and Focus Mode. Night Mode has been renamed to Dark Mode.
The latest Android security patch of August 2020 included in this update.
Android OS 10 Update
Android OS 10 OS offers some of the newest ways to control your privacy, customize your phone, and get things done. It’s Android, just the way you want it.
- With Sound Amplifier, your phone can boost sound, filter background noise, and fine tune to how you hear best. Whether talking to your best friend, watching TV, or listening to a lecture — just plug in your headphones and hear everything more clearly.
- Real-time transcriptions for the world around you. Now with sound events that show you when someone is clapping, a dog is barking, someone is whistling, and more.
- Gestures are now quicker and more intuitive than ever. Go backwards and forwards, pull up the homescreen, and swipe up to see your open apps. All super smooth.
- Samsung Daily has replaced Bixby Home. With Samsung Daily, you’ll get what you need in a glance, without having to open a single app. Swipe your home screen to the right to quickly find what you’re looking for. In a single tap you’ll see today’s news, weather, appointments, and more.
- For getting in the zone and minimizing distractions. Turn on Focus mode with a single tap to pause apps that you’ve selected.
If you want to check for the update manually, just head into the device Settings, tap on the Software update menu and go for the Download and install option.
Android 12 reached over 13% phones, ready for Android 13?
On May 9, the company updated the Android platform/API version distribution data in Android Studio which, the 12th OS version didn’t mention. As Android 13 is near to its launch, Google included data about Android 12 as well.
At present, Android 11 went down to 27% from 28.3% in May, remaining the most commonly used version of Android. Aside from this, 22.3% of phones run Android 10 while 14.5% are running on Android 9 Pie.
Phones: Android 12 Distribution
In the past, Google managed to publish Android distribution data as per the users’ Play Store visit within 7 days of the end of the date of availability. However, the company has stopped sharing the data officially.
The last generic way to get info about Android distribution remains the Android Studio platform. App developers can head to the “Create New Project Wizard” which provides diagrams mentioning which OS versions they should target.
Based on IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio is the official Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for Android app development. On top of IntelliJ’s powerful code editor and developer tools, it offers even more features that enhance your productivity.
| Source |
Samsung confirms 4 Android updates for Galaxy A52s, but, don’t be happy!
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G is undoubtedly a flagship-grade smartphone with powerful performance, thanks to its Snapdragon 778G processor. Similar to the Galaxy A52/A72, Samsung promised 3 major Android updates to Galaxy A52s 5G, however, the manager of its UK Twitter account just confirmed 4 updates, which is not valid.
Twitter user Jon Crawford shared the information that his Galaxy A52s smartphone just got the August 2022 security patch to praise Samsung’s support. Following the Tweet, Samsung UK comes up and thanked the user and further reminded him that the A52s support up to 5 years of security updates.
As a regular Twitter post become a thread of official communication, another user Medbuddy asked Samsung about the Android OS updates support for the Galaxy A52s 5G. Samsung UK didn’t stop and accidentally confirmed 4 generations of Android updates for the Galaxy A52s and embedded the newsroom post of the new policy.
Firstly, we’ve rechecked the software updates support of the Galaxy A52s on Samsung’s website, which still promises 3 updates, then we headed for the 4 OS guarantee press release to check if the manufacturer made amendments in the list of devices, but, it’s the same as day one.
According to the information mentioned in the policy, Samsung won’t bring 4 Android updates to the Galaxy A52s smartphone as this guideline applies to the Galaxy A53/A73 and select models that will launch in the future. At the same time, flagships starting the Galaxy S21 series are also listed for the same support.
Due to a lack of information, Samsung UK appears to be doing fake promises to the consumers which are disappointing. We hope, that this mistake will be solved as soon as our voice reaches Samsung’s ears, meanwhile, we would be happy if the Galaxy A52s 5G becomes eligible for 4 OS updates.
Great question! The A52s will receive four generations of Android OS updates! You can read more about this here: https://t.co/baCrxumW9S ^RR
— Samsung UK (@SamsungUK) August 12, 2022
Download Android 12 Custom ROM for Samsung phones
Back in October 2021, Google launched the new version of its mobile operating system that is Android 12. Inspired by Google’s Android 12 OS, One UI 4.0 has various new features and changes for all eligible Samsung phones.
The South Korean tech giant delivered Android 12-based One UI 4.0 and One UI 4.1 updates to almost every eligible Galaxy device. However, several phones and tabs are now outdated when it comes to software upgrade support.
You can still enjoy all the Android 12 features and improvements by installing a custom ROM on your Samsung smartphone or tablet, unofficially. Thanks to XDA, we have several Android 12 Custom ROM for Samsung phones and tablets.
You can download the Android 12 custom ROM for your smartphone and do manually flash it to install the latest OS and get its features. Notably, the unofficial ROM may have some issues with the phone’s functionality, so read the developer’s instructions first.
Note: Manual flashing causes personal data loss, make a backup before installing custom ROM.
- Samsung Galaxy A10
- Samsung Galaxy A20 and A20e
- Samsung Galaxy A21s
- Samsung Galaxy A30
- Samsung Galaxy A40
- Samsung Galaxy Note8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, and Galaxy Note 10+ 5G
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
- Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Supported phones – Galaxy S10e, S10 & S10+
- For various devices
- For various devices
Noble ROM 2.1 (One UI 4.1) for Galaxy S9, Note 9
- One UI 4./Noble ROM 2.1 for Galaxy S9|S9 Plus –Download Link
- One UI 4.1/Noble ROM 2.1 for Galaxy Note 9– Download Link
Check Noble ROM 2.1 Changelog here.
Noble ROM 2.0 Android 12 to Galaxy S9 and Note 9
- One UI 4.0/Noble ROM 2.0 for Galaxy S9|S9 Plus –Download Link
- One UI 4.0/Noble ROM 2.0 for Galaxy Note 9– Download Link
| Credits – XDA |