Google launches a new major iteration of its mobile platform every year. 2022 was an impressive year, when it comes to Android 13 update distribution for Samsung devices. On October 4th, Google released Android 14, which will debut on the Samsung Galaxy devices with the One UI 6, post Beta completion.
One UI 6 Beta Release
Samsung One UI 6 Beta Program started in August, while the company formally unveiled the new skin on October 5’s SDC23 event. It’s expected that the company will reveal its Android 14 rollout plan regarding the Beta in the next few days or weeks.
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Devices
- Galaxy Z Series
- Z Fold 5 & Z Flip 5
- Z Fold 4 & Z Flip 4
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 – Coming soon
- Galaxy S Series
- S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra
- S22, S22 Plus & S22 Ultra
- S21, S21 Plus & S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A Series
- A54 & A34
- Galaxy F Series
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Countries
The Beta Program of One UI 6 update is available in these seven markets:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
One UI 6 Beta Latest News [Updated on October 29]
- BWJM/N is ‘almost confirmed’ to be Samsung’s Stable Android 14/One UI 6.0 update
- Samsung deploys One UI 6 Beta 9 in the US, stable Android 14 inches closer to Galaxy S23
- One UI 6.0 Beta 9 w/ Android 14 is rolling out in Germany and the UK too [ZWJM]
- Stable One UI 6.0 for Galaxy S23 could be coming next week as Samsung readies 9th (final) Beta
- Third One UI 6 Beta coming soon to Samsung’s Galaxy S22 series
- Another stable test build of One UI 6 has been spotted in several regions including Korea, India, Europe, and China for Galaxy S23.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 series to receive One UI 6 Beta 9 update before stable release
- Samsung releases Galaxy S23’s One UI 6 Beta 8 in the US, Poland, India and South Korea
- One UI 6 Beta 3 update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, Fold 5 in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, Fold 3 smartphones grab One UI 6 Beta goodness
- Your wait for Galaxy S23’s Stable One UI 6.0 update is ‘almost’ over
- Samsung caught testing One UI 6 Beta 8 for Galaxy S23 amidst animation concerns
- Samsung invites Galaxy M23 5G users to try out Android 14 One UI 6 features
- Samsung Galaxy A52s starts getting Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Fold 4 users can now enjoy One UI 6 beta features in India
- Samsung expands One UI 6 Beta 7 for Galaxy S23 series in the US, India, Germany, and the UK [U: Poland]
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 One UI 6 Beta 2 released
- Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4
- Yay! Samsung begins One UI 6 beta for Galaxy F23 users
- Samsung Galaxy S21 grabs Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S22 One UI 6 Beta 2 update reaches India [1.5GB]
- New One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy A34 5G [1GB]
- Samsung Galaxy A53 receives One UI 6 Beta 2 Update with Exciting Improvements
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 grabs Android 14 One UI 6.0 Beta goodness
- Samsung begins rolling out the sixth One UI 6 Beta update, bringing improvements for the stability of touch and overall software system.
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphone
- Samsung has started pushing Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta 2 for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- At SDC23, Samsung spotlighted One UI 6, the upcoming software advancement to Galaxy devices.
- Reliable source revealed that the Stable One UI 6 update will be released at the end of October.
- One UI 6 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S23 series arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta program based on Android 14 for the Galaxy A53 in India.
- Users of the Galaxy S22 series in India can now enjoy One UI 6 features and enhancements ahead of stable release as Samsung has officially begun the Beta Program.
- Samsung today begins the rollout of One UI 6 Beta 4 to the Galaxy S23 series. October 2023 security patch included in the Beta 4 alongside critical bug fixes.
- Samsung has opened the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Samsung has started rolling out an incremental software update to the Galaxy S23 series. Considered the One UI 6 Beta 3 Hotfix.
- Samsung has finally started the One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung has just rolled out the One UI 6 Beta 3 update based on Android 14, which introduces significant enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Samsung begins Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy A54 5G in South Korea.
- The third One UI 6 Beta update was reportedly released to some Galaxy S23 smartphone users in Europe.
Aug 31 – Sep 4
- Galaxy S23’s Beta 2 is available in all seven eligible markets, came as first Beta in China, India, Poland and the UK.
- After the One UI 6 Beta 1 update, Samsung is rolling out the hotfix update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23 Plus smartphones in Korea.
- Samsung has finally started the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra in South Korea, Germany and the US.
- Samsung revealed the One UI 6 Beta design changes and availability for the Galaxy S23 series. However, the official announcement post has been taken down minutes after publishing.
- Samsung representative revealed that the rollout of One UI 6 Bet has been postponed due to bugs.
- Samsung teased One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series by launching a discussion forum in Korean and Indian communities.
- Google today announced the rollout of the Android 14 Beta 4, which is considered near-stable. Pixel phones could receive Stable Android 14 next month, while Samsung’s One UI 6 Beta comes quite near.
- The One UI 6 Beta based on Android 14 is too close to the Galaxy S23 series as the first Public Beta firmware ZWFA has been spotted on the server for the Ultra variant.
- As Android 14 reached Platform Stability, Samsung will soon begin the One UI 6 Beta testing program. It is reported that the Galaxy S23 series will get the new OS on Beta channel in the third week of July.
- Last week, tipster Dohyun Kim, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series in mid-July this year.
Apple Hanam opens as Korea’s 6th Apple Store, huge crowd gathered
Today, Apple Hanam opened as the sixth Apple Store in South Korea, where a large crowd gathered in front of the store even before the opening. It is the first Apple Store outside Seoul and the 6th store in Korea following ‘Apple Gangnam’, which opened at the end of March.
At the opening event, about 1,000 visitors flocked to the open run (standing in line even before the doors opened). It was a weekend, and the news that tumblers with Apple Hanam’s logo were being offered to commemorate the opening attracted a larger crowd than at other existing stores.
Most visitors were young people, such as teenagers and people in their 20s, who preferred iPhones. Apple has been focusing on targeting Samsung’s home ground in recent years. This month, Apple announced its entry into the ‘national district’ through the Hanam Open.
Apple Hanam, which introduced a unique logo featuring the blue waves of the Han River, also differentiated itself in space. It has ‘Watch Studio’, an experiential space, and ‘Genius Bar’, where you can receive after-sales services such as product damage repair and software support.
Google introduces ‘Weather’ shortcut to Pixel app grid
Google has recently enhanced its Weather experience, which is currently only available on Pixel devices. The new Weather interface is sleek and intuitive, but the tweak is that it is still hidden within the Google app.
Users who want to access it have to either use the Google search bar or the At A Glance widget on their home screen. However, Google seems to be working on making the Weather experience more accessible and independent.
Some Pixel users have reported seeing a dedicated “Weather” shortcut in their app grid, which looks like a regular app icon. The shortcut has a circular logo with a sun and a cloud, but it is smaller than usual because it is placed inside another circle.
By tapping on this shortcut, you can see the App info menu and Widgets for Google Search. However, it is not an app, as it still relies on the Google app to work.
Samsung phones already have Repair Mode that Google Pixels getting in December
With the December 2023 Android Feature Drop, Google is rolling out a new Repair Mode feature to Tensor-powered Pixel smartphones. Well, Google’s Repair Mode is a replica of Samsung’s Maintenance Mode feature, which safeguards user privacy and data while being serviced.
As part of further enhancing data security and privacy on Galaxy devices, Samsung has introduced a new Maintenance Mode feature with One UI 5.0, helping to protect Galaxy users’ data while their device is being repaired at a service center.
When enabled, Maintenance Mode conceals users’ personal data, including photos, videos, contacts, and messages. When users send their device away for repairs, Maintenance Mode will help to prevent the risk of unauthorized access to your device and in most repair cases
While your device is set to Maintenance Mode, the Samsung service center will only have access to basic device features to be able to perform service diagnosis and repair.
How it works
Upon activation, Maintenance Mode sets up a distinct user profile, ensuring users’ primary account and data remain private. Users can activate Maintenance Mode through either the device Settings menu, or the Samsung Members app.
Once the user retrieves the device from the service centre, the user can deactivate Maintenance Mode through the Settings menu and restore their data from a temporary cloud backup, or an external storage backup.