Google launches a new major iteration of its mobile platform every year. 2022 was an impressive year, when it comes to Android 13 update distribution for Samsung devices. On October 4th, Google released Android 14, which will debut on the Samsung Galaxy devices with the One UI 6, post Beta completion.
One UI 6 Beta Release
Samsung One UI 6 Beta Program started in August, while the company formally unveiled the new skin on October 5’s SDC23 event. It’s expected that the company will reveal its Android 14 rollout plan regarding the Beta in the next few days or weeks.
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Devices
- Galaxy Z Series
- Z Fold 5 & Z Flip 5
- Z Fold 4 & Z Flip 4
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 – Coming soon
- Galaxy S Series
- S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra
- S22, S22 Plus & S22 Ultra
- S21, S21 Plus & S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A Series
- A54 & A34
- Galaxy F Series
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Countries
The Beta Program of One UI 6 update is available in these seven markets:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
One UI 6 Beta Latest News [Updated on October 29]
- BWJM/N is ‘almost confirmed’ to be Samsung’s Stable Android 14/One UI 6.0 update
- Samsung deploys One UI 6 Beta 9 in the US, stable Android 14 inches closer to Galaxy S23
- One UI 6.0 Beta 9 w/ Android 14 is rolling out in Germany and the UK too [ZWJM]
- Stable One UI 6.0 for Galaxy S23 could be coming next week as Samsung readies 9th (final) Beta
- Third One UI 6 Beta coming soon to Samsung’s Galaxy S22 series
- Another stable test build of One UI 6 has been spotted in several regions including Korea, India, Europe, and China for Galaxy S23.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 series to receive One UI 6 Beta 9 update before stable release
- Samsung releases Galaxy S23’s One UI 6 Beta 8 in the US, Poland, India and South Korea
- One UI 6 Beta 3 update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, Fold 5 in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, Fold 3 smartphones grab One UI 6 Beta goodness
- Your wait for Galaxy S23’s Stable One UI 6.0 update is ‘almost’ over
- Samsung caught testing One UI 6 Beta 8 for Galaxy S23 amidst animation concerns
- Samsung invites Galaxy M23 5G users to try out Android 14 One UI 6 features
- Samsung Galaxy A52s starts getting Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Fold 4 users can now enjoy One UI 6 beta features in India
- Samsung expands One UI 6 Beta 7 for Galaxy S23 series in the US, India, Germany, and the UK [U: Poland]
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 One UI 6 Beta 2 released
- Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4
- Yay! Samsung begins One UI 6 beta for Galaxy F23 users
- Samsung Galaxy S21 grabs Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S22 One UI 6 Beta 2 update reaches India [1.5GB]
- New One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy A34 5G [1GB]
- Samsung Galaxy A53 receives One UI 6 Beta 2 Update with Exciting Improvements
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 grabs Android 14 One UI 6.0 Beta goodness
- Samsung begins rolling out the sixth One UI 6 Beta update, bringing improvements for the stability of touch and overall software system.
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphone
- Samsung has started pushing Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta 2 for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- At SDC23, Samsung spotlighted One UI 6, the upcoming software advancement to Galaxy devices.
- Reliable source revealed that the Stable One UI 6 update will be released at the end of October.
- One UI 6 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S23 series arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta program based on Android 14 for the Galaxy A53 in India.
- Users of the Galaxy S22 series in India can now enjoy One UI 6 features and enhancements ahead of stable release as Samsung has officially begun the Beta Program.
- Samsung today begins the rollout of One UI 6 Beta 4 to the Galaxy S23 series. October 2023 security patch included in the Beta 4 alongside critical bug fixes.
- Samsung has opened the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Samsung has started rolling out an incremental software update to the Galaxy S23 series. Considered the One UI 6 Beta 3 Hotfix.
- Samsung has finally started the One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung has just rolled out the One UI 6 Beta 3 update based on Android 14, which introduces significant enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Samsung begins Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy A54 5G in South Korea.
- The third One UI 6 Beta update was reportedly released to some Galaxy S23 smartphone users in Europe.
Aug 31 – Sep 4
- Galaxy S23’s Beta 2 is available in all seven eligible markets, came as first Beta in China, India, Poland and the UK.
- After the One UI 6 Beta 1 update, Samsung is rolling out the hotfix update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23 Plus smartphones in Korea.
- Samsung has finally started the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra in South Korea, Germany and the US.
- Samsung revealed the One UI 6 Beta design changes and availability for the Galaxy S23 series. However, the official announcement post has been taken down minutes after publishing.
- Samsung representative revealed that the rollout of One UI 6 Bet has been postponed due to bugs.
- Samsung teased One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series by launching a discussion forum in Korean and Indian communities.
- Google today announced the rollout of the Android 14 Beta 4, which is considered near-stable. Pixel phones could receive Stable Android 14 next month, while Samsung’s One UI 6 Beta comes quite near.
- The One UI 6 Beta based on Android 14 is too close to the Galaxy S23 series as the first Public Beta firmware ZWFA has been spotted on the server for the Ultra variant.
- As Android 14 reached Platform Stability, Samsung will soon begin the One UI 6 Beta testing program. It is reported that the Galaxy S23 series will get the new OS on Beta channel in the third week of July.
- Last week, tipster Dohyun Kim, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series in mid-July this year.
Exynos is not rebranding but Dream Chip indeed exists, Samsung states
Recently, it was rumored that Samsung is going to rebrand Exynos as Dream Chip. In a recent development, it has been reported that Samsung Semiconductor disclosed Exynos is not rebranding to Dream Chip anytime soon.
In addition, the company’s semiconductor decision revealed that Dream Chip is an internal project name. Earlier, Samsung formed a Dream Team to research a chipset tailor-made for flagship Galaxy devices.
If Dream Chip is an internal project name, the existence of a Galaxy-exclusive chipset just confirmed. However, it will take time for the company to finally commercialize the processor on Galaxy smartphones.
“All rumors regarding rebranding are not true,” Samsung Semiconductor told us in response to AndroidAuthority’s follow-up question.
Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra: Samsung becomes Big Ten Conference official tablet partner
Recently, the Big Ten Conference and Big Ten Network announced that Samsung (Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra) became its official tablet partner for the Big Ten Conference.
To kick off the partnership, the Big Ten, Samsung and Indiana Sports Corp will host a high school football coaches workshop on Saturday, Dec. 2, at Lucas Oil Stadium led by Jake Butt and Gerry DiNardo.
A diverse group of 10 Indiana high school football coaches will utilize the Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra as they receive instruction from Butt and DiNardo on breaking down film and utilizing the tablet’s best-in-class features.
As a part of the partnership, the Big Ten Network will deliver Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Ultra branded social content across its platforms, including coverage from the coaches workshop and the Big Ten Football Championship Game.
Additional partnership elements include Samsung’s ability to use the Big Ten’s registered trademarks, as well as various promotional signage assets at the Big Ten Football Championship game.
Global sport and entertainment agency, CSM, assisted Samsung in the development and negotiation of the partnership with the Big Ten Conference and Network.
Samsung Galaxy S23 and Z Flip/Fold 5 outshine predecessors in October 2023 sales
Samsung has reportedly experienced a decrease in smartphone sales in October 2023. In particular, the company’s smartphone sales dipped 8 percent year-over-year, and 2 percent compared to September 2023.
According to Hana Securities (via Revegnus), Samsung smartphone sales slowed down in October 2023 due to the lack of new launches. At the same time, Apple spent a fruitful October due to its recently released iPhone 15 series.
Despite intensified competition in the mid-range market, the sales of Samsung’s Galaxy A series remained steady. Talking about flagships, the S23 series and Z Flip/Fold 5 sales remained strong compared to their predecessors.
The 9-month sales of the Galaxy S23 reached 25.06 million units (S23 Ultra 11.63 million, S23 Plus 4.52 million, S23 8.91 million), surpassing the S22’s corresponding sales of 20.32 million units by 23%.
Apart from this, the 3-month sales of the Galaxy Z5 series recorded 4.86 million units (Z Flip 5: 3.08 million, Z Fold 5: 1.79 million), a 4% increase over the Z4 series’s 4.68 million units (Z Flip 4: 2.87 million, Z Fold 4: 1.81 million).
Samsung Smartphone Sales in October 2023:
– Experienced an 8% decrease compared to the same month last year and a 2% decrease compared to the previous month.
– Due to the absence of new models that could boost sales.
– However, despite intensified competition in the mid-range… pic.twitter.com/J558ABOk1e
— Revegnus (@Tech_Reve) November 28, 2023