Google launches a new major iteration of its mobile platform every year. 2022 was an impressive year, when it comes to Android 13 update distribution for Samsung devices. On October 4th, Google released Android 14, which will debut on the Samsung Galaxy devices with the One UI 6, post Beta completion.
One UI 6 Beta Release
Samsung One UI 6 Beta Program started in August, while the company formally unveiled the new skin on October 5’s SDC23 event. It’s expected that the company will reveal its Android 14 rollout plan regarding the Beta in the next few days or weeks.
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Devices
- Galaxy Z Series
- Z Fold 5 & Z Flip 5
- Z Fold 4 & Z Flip 4
- Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3 – Coming soon
- Galaxy S Series
- S23, S23 Plus & S23 Ultra
- S22, S22 Plus & S22 Ultra
- S21, S21 Plus & S21 Ultra
- Galaxy A Series
- A54 & A34
- Galaxy F Series
One UI 6 Beta Eligible Countries
The Beta Program of One UI 6 update is available in these seven markets:
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
One UI 6 Beta Latest News [Updated on October 29]
- BWJM/N is ‘almost confirmed’ to be Samsung’s Stable Android 14/One UI 6.0 update
- Samsung deploys One UI 6 Beta 9 in the US, stable Android 14 inches closer to Galaxy S23
- One UI 6.0 Beta 9 w/ Android 14 is rolling out in Germany and the UK too [ZWJM]
- Stable One UI 6.0 for Galaxy S23 could be coming next week as Samsung readies 9th (final) Beta
- Third One UI 6 Beta coming soon to Samsung’s Galaxy S22 series
- Another stable test build of One UI 6 has been spotted in several regions including Korea, India, Europe, and China for Galaxy S23.
- Samsung Galaxy S23 series to receive One UI 6 Beta 9 update before stable release
- Samsung releases Galaxy S23’s One UI 6 Beta 8 in the US, Poland, India and South Korea
- One UI 6 Beta 3 update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5, Fold 5 in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, Fold 3 smartphones grab One UI 6 Beta goodness
- Your wait for Galaxy S23’s Stable One UI 6.0 update is ‘almost’ over
- Samsung caught testing One UI 6 Beta 8 for Galaxy S23 amidst animation concerns
- Samsung invites Galaxy M23 5G users to try out Android 14 One UI 6 features
- Samsung Galaxy A52s starts getting Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Fold 4 users can now enjoy One UI 6 beta features in India
- Samsung expands One UI 6 Beta 7 for Galaxy S23 series in the US, India, Germany, and the UK [U: Poland]
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 One UI 6 Beta 2 released
- Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4
- Yay! Samsung begins One UI 6 beta for Galaxy F23 users
- Samsung Galaxy S21 grabs Android 14 One UI 6 Beta update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S22 One UI 6 Beta 2 update reaches India [1.5GB]
- New One UI 6 Beta update live for Samsung Galaxy A34 5G [1GB]
- Samsung Galaxy A53 receives One UI 6 Beta 2 Update with Exciting Improvements
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 grabs Android 14 One UI 6.0 Beta goodness
- Samsung begins rolling out the sixth One UI 6 Beta update, bringing improvements for the stability of touch and overall software system.
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy Z Fold 5 smartphone
- Samsung has started pushing Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta 2 for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- At SDC23, Samsung spotlighted One UI 6, the upcoming software advancement to Galaxy devices.
- Reliable source revealed that the Stable One UI 6 update will be released at the end of October.
- One UI 6 Beta 5 for the Galaxy S23 series arrives: Fixes touch, camera, rebooting, and more issues
- Samsung has finally opened the One UI 6 Beta program based on Android 14 for the Galaxy A53 in India.
- Users of the Galaxy S22 series in India can now enjoy One UI 6 features and enhancements ahead of stable release as Samsung has officially begun the Beta Program.
- Samsung today begins the rollout of One UI 6 Beta 4 to the Galaxy S23 series. October 2023 security patch included in the Beta 4 alongside critical bug fixes.
- Samsung has opened the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
- Samsung has started rolling out an incremental software update to the Galaxy S23 series. Considered the One UI 6 Beta 3 Hotfix.
- Samsung has finally started the One UI 6 Beta Program for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Samsung has just rolled out the One UI 6 Beta 3 update based on Android 14, which introduces significant enhancements, new features, and bug fixes.
- Samsung begins Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy A54 5G in South Korea.
- The third One UI 6 Beta update was reportedly released to some Galaxy S23 smartphone users in Europe.
Aug 31 – Sep 4
- Galaxy S23’s Beta 2 is available in all seven eligible markets, came as first Beta in China, India, Poland and the UK.
- After the One UI 6 Beta 1 update, Samsung is rolling out the hotfix update for Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23, and Galaxy S23 Plus smartphones in Korea.
- Samsung has finally started the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta Program for the Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23 Plus and Galaxy S23 Ultra in South Korea, Germany and the US.
- Samsung revealed the One UI 6 Beta design changes and availability for the Galaxy S23 series. However, the official announcement post has been taken down minutes after publishing.
- Samsung representative revealed that the rollout of One UI 6 Bet has been postponed due to bugs.
- Samsung teased One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series by launching a discussion forum in Korean and Indian communities.
- Google today announced the rollout of the Android 14 Beta 4, which is considered near-stable. Pixel phones could receive Stable Android 14 next month, while Samsung’s One UI 6 Beta comes quite near.
- The One UI 6 Beta based on Android 14 is too close to the Galaxy S23 series as the first Public Beta firmware ZWFA has been spotted on the server for the Ultra variant.
- As Android 14 reached Platform Stability, Samsung will soon begin the One UI 6 Beta testing program. It is reported that the Galaxy S23 series will get the new OS on Beta channel in the third week of July.
- Last week, tipster Dohyun Kim, Samsung could release the One UI 6 Beta for the Galaxy S23 series in mid-July this year.
Samsung announces Galaxy S23 FE release date in France
Back in October, Samsung introduced the Galaxy S23 FE smartphone. Since then, the company has sequentially expanded the phone’s market-wise availability. Now, Samsung announced the release date of Galaxy S23 FE in France.
Samsung will release the Galaxy S23 FE in France on December 8, 2023. The company is highlighting the phone’s camera and videography skills along with battery and design. As shown in the image, the Galaxy S23 FE will be available in four colors: Purple, Black, White and Mint.
The Galaxy S23 FE is expected to come pre-loaded with Android 14-based One UI 6.0 software. In initial launch markets, the device was shipped with One UI 5.1, powered by Android 13. Moreover, the S23 FE France unit will be powered by Exynos 2200 chipset.
Samsung will produce 4nm AI chips for Hanwha
Samsung and Hanwha partner to produce cutting-edge AI chips. Hanwha subsidiary Vision Next’s AI semiconductors will be mass-produced at Samsung’s 4nm process technology.
The company has expanded its base for high-tech, high-tech processes, and Hanwha has secured a growth engine for the semiconductor business, which has been selected as a future growth engine.
According to a report, Samsung plans to mass produce Vision Next AI semiconductors using the 4nm (nanometer) process. It is planned to begin mass production as early as the first half of next year.
This move is expected to become the basis for cooperation between the foundry and fabless of leading domestic companies. This is because Samsung can increase its foundry status by expanding its 4nm customer base, and Hanwha can increase its semiconductor business capabilities.
Galaxy S23 Ultra slips out of bestseller club, iPhone tsunami continues [Q3 2023]
A new report shows that Samsung’s Galaxy A14 continues to lead the Android market globally. While the Apple iPhone’s tsunami continued, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra slipped out of bestseller club in the third quarter of the year.
Apple’s iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro Max, and iPhone 14 Pro were the bestsellers in Q3 2023. Notably, the iPhone 13 jumped to the fourth rank as its sales were high during the festival sales in India. From fifth to eighth, Samsung’s A series phones are listed on the chart.
Samsung’s Galaxy A14 LTE was the best-selling Android smartphone globally in Q3 2023. This phone’s 5G variant ranked 2nd in the Android market, while sixth in all categories. The Galaxy A54 and affordable Galaxy A04e secured seventh and eighth spots in the chart.
The most notable thing is that Samsung’s Galaxy S23 Ultra flagship slipped out of the top 10 bestseller club. It came as a big disappointment for Samsung as it’s preparing to unveil the Galaxy S24 Ultra alongside the S24 and S24 Plus in January next year.