[India: Sep. 13] – Samsung is now rolling out the September 2022 security patch update for the Galaxy S21 series devices in India. In addition to regular system security improvements, the update brings neither new features nor optimizations.
- G991BXXS5CVHI – Galaxy S21
- G996BXXS5CVHI – Galaxy S21 Plus
- G998BXXS5CVHI – Galaxy S21 Ultra
You can download and install the latest September 2022 security update on Samsung Galaxy S21 series smartphones by following a few simple steps. Firstly, head towards the system Settings, now, tap on the Software updates, followed by Download and install.
[Germany: Sep. 6] – So finally, the wait is over! The September 2022 security patch has been released by Samsung and it’s initially rolling out for the Galaxy S21 series devices. Initially, the update is rolling out in Germany for all three models including the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 Plus, and Galaxy S21 Ultra.
This update installs the latest Android patch released in September 2022 to enhance system security and stability. Aside from the security patch, there is no new feature or change noted but you will surely get a smoother experience after updating the latest version.
Users will have to download a 216.17 MB to install the latest Samsung Galaxy S21 September 2022 security update manually. It is an initial rollout so it may take some hours/days to reach all devices.
Currently, the details of Samsung’s September 2022 security patch are not available, but, likely to be published in the coming days. Undoubtedly, the firmware included fixes for several bugs and issues in order to provide you with a better user experience while using the Galaxy devices.
- Update: Samsung released September 2022 patch details, check here
These Samsung Galaxy devices start getting December 2022 security update
Samsung finally introduced December 2022 security update for Galaxy devices starting with Galaxy Z Fold 4. The latest patch’s rollout started in the US and will expand to more models in different regions soon.
Through the December 2022 security patch, the company aims to improve the Galaxy experience and provide a bug-free service. The new patch brings fixes to some issues that users were facing in the last update, as well as improves the security and stability of the device.
According to the December 2022 security patch details, the latest update brings fixes for five critical CVEs, sixty high levels of CVEs, and two moderate for Samsung phones and tablets.
Aside from the security patch, Samsung is regularly working to provide the Android 13-based One UI 5 update to all its eligible Galaxy devices at the earliest. However, users of many flagship, mid-range, and low-budget smartphones have already received this major update and are enjoying its features.
Like every month, the Korean tech giant is all set to release security patches, system improvements, new features, fixes, and OS upgrades to its smartphones. Below you can check the latest insights of all One UI-based December 2022 updates.
Samsung December 2022 Update News
December 05 | Like last month, Samsung kicked off the December 2022 security patch firstly to Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone in the US.
Samsung One UI December 2022 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
Samsung December 2022 security patch details are now officially out and the company has also revised the list of monthly and quarterly updates for Galaxy devices. Like every month, this month too some devices have started their update cycles, some have ended and some have been upgraded.
The latest December 2022 security patch for Galaxy devices comes with fixes for 5 critical CVEs, 60 high levels of CVEs, and 2 moderate to make them more secure. However, 3 Android CVEs aren’t applicable on Galaxy devices.
Samsung December 2022 Update Plan
According to the Scope page, Samsung’s December 2022 plan provides Monthly Security Updates for 38 Galaxy devices and Quarterly Security Updates for 67 Galaxy devices. Aside from Monthly and Quarterly, the company is also committed to supporting 49 devices with Biannual Security Updates.
- Samsung shifted the Galaxy Xcover FiledPro smartphone to Quarterly updates.
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G smartphone has been removed from the Quarterly Updates plan and entered into Biannual security updates.
- Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) smartphone has completed its update cycle after getting two new updates on a Biannual basis.
Let’s see the updated Monthly, Quarterly, and Biannual updates plan for December 2022 for Samsung devices.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G,Galaxy Z Fold 4, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 4, W23, W23 Flip
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+,Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, W21 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A8s
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s,
- Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A01 Core, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, and Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+ 5
- W20 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro
Breaking: Samsung rolls out December 2022 security update for Galaxy Z Fold 4 in the US
Samsung has finally begun rolling out the December 2022 Android security patch update, with the Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone in the US being the first Galaxy device to get access to it. This update is currently live for carrier-unlocked customers of the AT&T network in the country while others users are expected to grab it very soon.
This update comes with improvements for system security and stability in order to enhance the users’ experience and protect the device from unwanted bugs and viruses. At the same time, it addresses about 5 dozen CVEs discovered in the Android operating system.
As per the official Samsung December 2022 security patch details, this update fixes five critical CVEs that were highly affecting the system’s security and customers’ privacy. In addition to this, it also addresses sixty high levels and two moderate of CVEs for Samsung phones and tablets.
The carrier-unlocked models of Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 are getting the December 2022 Android security patch update with the One UI build version F936U1UEU1BVKB in the US. It carries a package size of around 404MB.
How to download:
In order to fetch the latest update on your Galaxy Z Fold 4 smartphone, head over to its “Settings” and visit the “Software update” section. Tap on the “Download and install” option and complete the installation procedure.