T-Mobile improves Samsung Galaxy S21’s camera with June 2021 update
T-Mobile took more than a month to deliver the new security firmware update to Samsung’s latest Galaxy S flagship series. Though, the carrier has finally pushed a new software update to the Galaxy S21 lineup in the US.
In the US, consumers of T-Mobile can identify this update via build numbers: G991USQU4AUF5, G996USQU4AUF5, and G998USQU4AUF5 for the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra respectively.
Join Sammy Fans on Telegram
Just like the international variants, T-Mobile locked Galaxy S21 series also receiving major Camera performance improvements as well as fixes for the lag issue along with the June 2021 security update.
Last month, the company disclosed that its June 2021 security patch brings fixes for 47 CVEs from Google and 19 CVEs from Samsung to the Galaxy devices.
Galaxy S21 June s/w update camera improvements
- Performance optimization in major camera scenarios (improving stuttering)
- Optimized the portrait mode engine.
- Optimized memory and engine when shooting with high magnification zoom.
- A function has been added so that QR code scan can retrieve and recognize QR images stored in the gallery.
- The usability of the video call effect (Manual color function added) has been improved. Details will be announced separately.
How to check for updates manually
- Open device Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Software updates
- Hit the Download and install button.
You can also see the video to know more about manual update
Samsung launched new Navy color option for the Galaxy S21 Ultra in the US
Samsung One UI May 2023 Updates List
Samsung is rolling out the May 2023 security updates to Galaxy devices. May is a hot month for the tech industry and enthusiasts as Google is sharing the details and arrival of Android 14 at I/O 2023, introducing new Pixel Fold and Pixel 7a smartphones.
This page helps you get the latest insights about Samsung’s updates that are releasing in May 2023, as well as developments in Android, One UI, and Wear OS worlds. This time, we’ve also mentioned patch details for Android, One UI, and Wear OS, which April 2023 Updates List lacks.
May 2023 Patch – One UI / Android
Samsung detailed the contents of its May 2023 security maintenance release, which mentions fixes for 21 Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures (SVE) items alongside over 58 common vulnerability exposures for the Android OS by Google.
Android CVEs and Patch
Samsung’s May 2023 includes Android CVE items discovered and patched by Google. Per the details, it solves 4 critical, 48 high, and 3 moderate levels of common vulnerability exposures, however, you can check Pixel May update changelog below.
- Touch: Improvements for touch screen response in certain conditions [only for Pixel 7 Pro]
- User Interface: Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen UI elements to overlap with the home screen launcher interface
Wear OS 3.5 Patch
In addition to Pixel phones, Google delivered the Wear OS 3.5 May 2023 patch to Pixel Watch as well. This update should be rolled out for Galaxy Watch models too running the Wear OS. We’ve listed what’s new with Wear OS 3.5’s May 2023 patch below.
- The May 2023 software update includes the latest security patches for Pixel Watch users.
- Device Applicability
- Updates are available for all supported Pixel Watch devices.
- Device Applicability
Samsung May 2023 Updates – Recent Entries
May 27, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy A20s, A53 and A73 are receiving the May 2023 Android patches.
May 26, 2023:
- The Galaxy A33, A02 and A34 5G also updated to the latest One UI patches released in May 2023.
May 25, 2023:
- The Galaxy A42 5G and M31 have started to receive the May 2023 security update.
May 23, 2023:
- The Galaxy A21s installs the May 2023 security patch.
May 21, 2023:
- Verizon releases May 2023 update to Samsung Galaxy S23, S22, S21, S20, Z Flip 3 and Fold 3/2
May 20, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy A14 5G gets May 2023 security update
May 19, 2023:
- New Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite update installs May 2023 security patch
May 18, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy M52 May 2023 update starts rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy A22 5G grabs May 2023 security update
May 17, 2023:
- May 2023 security update reaches Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite now getting May 2023 security update
May 16, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy M51 gets new update in May 2023
May 13, 2023:
- Samsung released the May 2023 patches for the Galaxy S20 FE 5G and Galaxy A52s smartphone users.
May 12, 2023:
- Verizon starts rolling out May OTA to the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus in the United States.
May 11, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S7 series also join the latest Galaxy Tab S8 series with May 2023 patches.
May 10, 2023:
- The Galaxy S21 series begins grabbing the latest Android patches, while the Galaxy A54 getting it with Image Clipper.
May 9, 2023:
- The Galaxy A13 and Galaxy A53 receiving the May software update with latest Android patches.
May 8, 2023:
- Galaxy S21 FE grabs the May 2023 firmware alongside the Galaxy A73 smartphone.
May 7, 2023:
- Verizon updated its Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 with latest May patches.
May 6, 2023:
- Galaxy Note 20 series and Galaxy S22 series begin to get the most up-to-date Android patches.
May 5, 2023:
- May patches now available for the 2nd-gen Galaxy Fold and Z Flip 3.
May 4, 2023:
- Samsung updated Galaxy Tab S8 series, A52, A52 5G and A33 with the latest Android patches.
May 3, 2023:
- The Galaxy A23 smartphone gets May 2023 Android patches today.
- Samsung’s May update expanded to Galaxy S23 in India and the US.
May 2, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy S23 lineup starts grabbing the May 2023 One UI patch in various countries.
April 29, 2023:
- 2019’s Galaxy A10e smartphone received the May 2023 security patch in South Korea.
More Samsung Galaxy A73 users getting major May 2023 update
Samsung Galaxy A73 smartphone recently started receiving a massive size May 2023 security patch and the company is now expanding this update in more markets. This latest update enhances the security of the device by installing the latest Android patch.
The South Korean tech giant recently released the latest software update for Galaxy A73 models in India and now making it available in Southeast Asian countries including Vietnam.
May 2023 security update for Samsung Galaxy A73 smartphone comes with One UI build version A736BXXU3CWD4 and users will have to download a 649.92 MB package to install the update.
The latest security patch details mention fixes for over 70 vulnerabilities in order to optimize the security of your phone in the patch details. Aside from these minor improvements, the update also adds the Image Clipper feature to the Gallery app and improves camera functions.
In addition, several Galaxy apps including Galaxy Wearable, Samsung Notes, Internet, Health, SmartThings, Members, Wallet, Calculator, Smart Switch, and Voice Recorder to be updated to the latest version after the new software.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
In case you haven’t received any update notification, you can go to the Software update section through your phone’s Settings. Now when you tap on the Download and install option, you will see the latest update available for your phone.
Samsung Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s get new update in May 2023
Samsung has started releasing a new update for Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s smartphones. The latest update installs an Android security patch to improve system security and stability.
The fresh update for Samsung Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s brings April 2023 security patch to enhance system security by fixing several issues. The new update is currently rolling out in India.
For the Galaxy M30s smartphone, the update comes with version M307FXXS4CWC2 and an installation package size of 150.59 MB. While Samsung Galaxy F22 is getting this update with PDA version E225FXXS6DEW1 and it is expected to add an Image clipper feature to the gallery app.
April 2023 security patch
According to the official details, the April 2023 security update fixes a number of CVEs along with flaws related to One UI’s Smart Suggestions function and Exynos modem (which was earlier discovered by Google’s Project Zero team).
April patch includes fixes for SVE-2022-3004 (CVE-2023-21473), SVE-2022-3001 (CVE-2023-21472) and SVE-2022-2755 (CVE-2023-21467). These vulnerabilities may have affected your device, letting a physical attacker execute arbitrary code in the bootloader.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to update software?
Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s System Settings, once done, scroll down and tap the Software update tab, followed by the Download and install button. If you have received the update on your device then install it now to get error free experience.