Samsung Internet is a powerful browser with enhanced security features for Android devices, especially Galaxy smartphones. This application browser provides a safe, secure, speed, and privacy while browsing the internet.
Recently, Samsung has updated the Samsung Internet Browser app version 188.8.131.52 and you can download it directly from the Galaxy Store. This update brings various bug fixes and enhancements.
The previous version of the Samsung Internet has increased app support for infinity display panels and comes with several new functions such as improved privacy, security, and the user interface for user experience.
It also enhanced the smart protection feature, when a malicious web page requests permission for push notifications, also an alert will be sent to the user.
DECEMBER 14, 2020
- Fixed an error in which only sound is played while video is not displayed
- Fixed an error related to the Video Assistant button
- Improved scroll performance and fixed status bar flickering when status bar is hidden
- Fixed an error in which top URL bar is not shown
NOVEMBER 26, 2020
Samsung has released a new app update for the Samsung Internet Browser app with version 184.108.40.206.
- Infinity Display features Hide status bar function
- Enhanced Smart Protection feature
- Additional Video Assistant gestures
NOVEMBER 09, 2020
Samsung has released a new app update for the Samsung Internet Browser app with version 220.127.116.11.
NOVEMBER 07, 2020
Samsung has released a new app update for the Samsung Internet Browser app with version 18.104.22.168.
- Fixed an issue when disabling ad blockers
- Fixed an issue with slow scrolling on certain sites
- Fixed an error when downloading large image files
- Fixed the Dark Mode background to be darker
OCTOBER 31, 2020
Samsung has released a new app update for the Samsung Internet Browser app with version 22.214.171.124.
New Features for You
- Supports Context menu in Tab Bar
You can manage your tabs via the Context menu on the Tab Bar. Long press a tab on the Tab Bar to lock tabs, refresh the page, or close all open tabs.
- New tab manager – View in Grid view
Now you can use the ‘Grid view’ on your phone. This allows you to have easy access to the web pages open in each tab via a screenshot that is larger than the ‘List view’ size.
- Security & Privacy
Samsung Internet helps protect your security and privacy while browsing the Internet.
- Smart Anti-Tracking
Intelligently identifies domains that have cross-site tracking capabilities and blocks storage access (cookies).
- Protected Search
We will alert you before you can view known malicious sites to prevent you from visiting websites that may try to steal your data.
- Content Blocker
Samsung Internet for Android allows third-party applications to provide filters for content blocking, making browsing safer and more efficient.