Samsung offers the Galaxy’s High-quality, High-performance Battery. Every Samsung mobile device is equipped with a high-quality to strengthen your Galaxy experience.
Batteries are consumables, and their lifespans are affected by their usage patterns and environments. If you find yourself charging your phone too often, and your battery life has noticeably diminished.
Galaxy’s AMOLED Display has a high contrast ratio that will increase battery consumption. Increased screen brightness, longer intervals before screen timeout, high-performance apps, streaming high-resolution content, and location services or other allowed services will also increase battery consumption.
Settings Tips to Extend Battery Life
Optimal Battery Usage Environment
Galaxy battery is designed to perform best at 0°-35°C. And continuous use or charging in extreme temperatures may accelerate battery deterioration. The temporary exposure to extreme temperatures will activate the device’s safeguards to minimize damage, and charging will be limited to protect the battery from overheating.
Prevent Unexpected Shutdowns
Extended use or storage at temperatures above 35°C or below 0° will increase battery performance and may lead to unexpected shutdowns and shorter battery life.
Do not use or place your device in hot environments, like a hot car on a summer day, for extended periods of time.
Minimize battery deterioration with proper charging
- Always use an authentic Samsung charger to avoid battery deterioration and damage.
- Always use a charger that fits. An incompatible charger could damage the USB port.
- Properly connect the charger. Failure to properly connect may damage the device.
- Unplug the charger after the device has reached a 100% charge to avoid a swollen battery.
If your device will remain unused, try the following.
Battery deterioration may accelerate if a device is left with a depleted battery for a long period of time. Here’s what you can do to preserve the battery’s condition when not in use.
- Turn off the device and charge with an authentic Samsung charger to prevent depletion.
- Charge the device to approximately 50~70% for long-term storage.
- Charge the device once every 3~6 months.
- Store in a cool, dry environment to preserve battery performance.