Starting with the Galaxy S23 series, Samsung initiated its December 2023 One UI updates rollout. The company dropped patch details and a new update roadmap for Galaxy devices in the first week. Throughout the month, Samsung will release various new One UI updates.
December 2023 One UI update for Samsung devices contains a total of 75 fixes for known security vulnerabilities. It includes 54 CVEs related to the Android operating system from Google and the rest for the One UI software system from the manufacturer itself.
In particular, Samsung Semiconductor (for Exynos-related issues) offered four security fixes, while the software division fixed 16 security flaws with the December patch. Of the 54 fixes offered by Google, 7 are deemed critical, while 43 fixes are marked as high priority.
On the other hand, 9 are marked as high priority of the 16 fixes from Samsung, while 6 are of moderate priority. One UI fixes include Knox, memory and integer overflow, AR Emoji, bootloader, Smart Clip, and the Contacts app. You can read more about them here.
Samsung One UI December 2023 Updates List
- Samsung brings December 2023 update to Galaxy A34
- Samsung Galaxy F14, F04, and M53 grab December 2023 update
- 3 Samsung Galaxy A series smartphones getting December 2023 update
- Samsung Galaxy A54, S21 FE users in Europe getting December 2023 update
- Samsung Galaxy F13, M01, M04 and A04e getting December 2023 security update
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 4G December 2023 update rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy A51 5G receiving a new update in December 2023 [US]
- Samsung Galaxy A32 grabs December 2023 update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy M31s getting December 2023 security update
- December 2023 security update rolling out for Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Verizon pushes fresh One UI updates for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3, Fold 3, A11, A03s and A02s in the US
- Samsung Galaxy M21, A03 get December 2023 security update
- US locked and unlocked Galaxy S21 getting December 2023 security update
- December 2023 update for Galaxy A53, A52s arrive in Europe
- New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 update installs December 2023 security patch
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 bags December 2023 security update
- Samsung Galaxy A53 5G starts getting December 2023 security update
- Samsung Galaxy S23 FE gets December 2023 security update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S22 joins December 2023 security update party
- Samsung releases December 2023 update for Galaxy A54 5G [Verizon US]
- After One UI 6, Samsung Galaxy A73 bags December 2023 security update
- Verizon US brings December 2023 update to Samsung Galaxy A12
- Samsung Galaxy S20 December 2023 update rolling out in the US
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series receiving December 2023 security update
- Samsung Galaxy A52s starts getting December 2023 update in the US
- December 2023 security update rolling out for Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 [US]
- Samsung Galaxy A52 4G, A03 start getting December 2023 security update
- Samsung’s December 2023 update rolling out to Galaxy S20, S20 FE, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G begins receiving December 2023 security update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 grabbing December 2023 security update
- The Galaxy S23 series begins getting the latest patches in the United States.
Samsung Galaxy S24 sales booming in Apple’s home turf
Samsung has once again impressed the world with its Galaxy S24 series, which has achieved remarkable sales records in various markets including North America and Korea. This series is expected to sell more than 10 million units globally within one month of its release.
Especially in Apple’s home market North America, the Galaxy S24 series has successfully sold over 3.2 million units in the first month, setting a new sales record for Samsung in the region. This is Samsung’s highest sales figure in North America since the Galaxy S7 series in 2016.
The Galaxy S24 series has also created a new record in South Korea, where it has sold more than 1 million units in just 28 days since its launch. This is the fastest sales record for any Samsung smartphone, surpassing the previous record of 37 days set by the Galaxy S8 series in 2017.
One of the main reasons for the popularity of the Galaxy S24 series is its innovative Galaxy AI feature, which enhances the user experience with various functions. Galaxy AI offers features such as Chat Assist, Live Translate, Interpreter, Circle to Search with Google, Note Assist, Browsing Assist, and Transcript Assist, and more.
Samsung Galaxy S24 series is expected to sell more than 10 million units within one month of launch.
Especially in Apple’s home market of North America, sales exceeded 3.2 million units, setting a new record eight years after the Galaxy S7 series.
— ICE UNIVERSE (@UniverseIce) February 28, 2024
2024 TV model featuring Samsung Knox obtains CC security certification
Samsung is working on the next generation of television and in the recent development, a 2024 TV model featuring Samsung Knox has received the CC security certification. By obtaining this CC certification, the upcoming Samsung TV has been recognized for its safe connectivity with the Samsung Nox Bolt.
It will further strengthen the standards for TV security in terms of software and hardware, providing users with a safe and accurate experience. By being verified for the stronger security features of Samsung Knox, the 2024 model Samsung TV once again proved its global security and reliability.
To be mentioned, the CC certification is an international standard for assessing the security of products and is an evaluation certification mutually recognized by 31 countries around the world. Notably, this essential certification has verified three security functions of Samsung Nox that are:
- Monitoring in real-time whether on Samsung TV running Tizen OS operating system, has been hacked.
- Samsung Nox checks in advance whether the website you are trying to access using a web browser on your Samsung TV is a phishing site and blocks it.
- Nox Bolt which is installed in Samsung Neo QLED 8K TV, keeps users sensitive and personal information protected.
Vice President of Samsung Electronics’ Visual Display Business Division, said,
- “Samsung Knox’s security features have become stronger and safer,” “We will continue to put the protection of our customers’ personal information as our top priority and apply the best security technology to our products.”
Samsung’s Galaxy S24 series breaks sales record with 1 million units in 28 days
Samsung has announced that the Galaxy S24 series has sold more than 1 million units in South Korea in just 28 days since its launch. This is the fastest sales record for any Samsung smartphone, surpassing the previous record of 37 days set by the Galaxy S8 series in 2017.
Among the Galaxy S24 series, the Galaxy S24 Ultra is the most popular model, accounting for 55% of sales. The Galaxy S24 Plus also saw an increase in sales compared to its predecessor, the Galaxy S23 Plus. Both models offer a premium design, a powerful performance, and a stunning display.
The Galaxy S24 series is the first smartphone to feature ‘Galaxy AI’ to enhance the user experience. Some of the Galaxy AI features include Chat Assist, Live Translate, Interpreter, Circle to Search with Google, Note Assist, Browsing Assist, and Transcript Assist. Additionally, Galaxy AI enables users to express their creativity with features such as Generative Edit, Edit Suggestions, Instant Slow-mo, and AI-generated wallpapers.
Samsung plans to expand its AI capabilities to older devices by providing a software update in late March. The update will bring Galaxy AI functions to nine models, including the Galaxy S23 series, Galaxy S23 FE, Galaxy Z Flip 5, Galaxy Z Fold 5, and Galaxy Tab S9 series.