Samsung begins releasing November 2023 security update to carrier-unlocked Galaxy S22 series in the US. The country’s major network carriers – Verizon, T-Mobile, and AT&T are availing the latest Android patches to last year’s Samsung flagships.
US consumers having carrier-unlocked Samsung Galaxy S22, S22+, and S22 Ultra can force install the November 2023 security update. To do so, simply head towards your phone’s Settings, after that, hit the Software update section, followed by Download and install.
For your info, Samsung’s November 2023 security patch brings fixes for various Android and One UI vulnerabilities. In particular, the November patch addresses 48 CVEs related to the Android operating system, 15 SVEs related to One UI software, and 2 CVEs related to Exynos (chipset/modem).
Samsung One UI December 2023 Updates List
Starting with the Galaxy S23 series, Samsung initiated its December 2023 One UI updates rollout. The company dropped patch details and a new update roadmap for Galaxy devices in the first week. Throughout the month, Samsung will release various new One UI updates.
December 2023 One UI update for Samsung devices contains a total of 75 fixes for known security vulnerabilities. It includes 54 CVEs related to the Android operating system from Google and the rest for the One UI software system from the manufacturer itself.
In particular, Samsung Semiconductor (for Exynos-related issues) offered four security fixes, while the software division fixed 16 security flaws with the December patch. Of the 54 fixes offered by Google, 7 are deemed critical, while 43 fixes are marked as high priority.
On the other hand, 9 are marked as high priority of the 16 fixes from Samsung, while 6 are of moderate priority. One UI fixes include Knox, memory and integer overflow, AR Emoji, bootloader, Smart Clip, and the Contacts app. You can read more about them here.
Samsung One UI December 2023 Updates List
- Samsung’s December 2023 update rolling out to Galaxy S20, S20 FE, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra in Canada
- Samsung Galaxy A52 5G begins receiving December 2023 security update in the US
- Samsung Galaxy Note 20 grabbing December 2023 security update
- The Galaxy S23 series begins getting the latest patches in the United States.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra One UI Software Update Tracker
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is eligible for new software update until February 2028. Within its five-year software update lifespan, the Galaxy S23 Ultra will receive several new security patches, and feature drops as well as a total of 4 Android upgrades by Samsung.
The company listed the Galaxy S23 Ultra along with the Galaxy S23 and S23 Plus for new software updates every month. This means, your device will get the latest Android patches every month until February 2027 (at least four years).
S23 Ultra Software — Current Status
- [Stable] Android & One UI — Android 14 & One UI 6.0 | US Carriers
- [Next UI] Android & One UI — Android 14 & One UI 6.1
- [One UI] Security Patch — December 2023
- [Android] Google Play System — November 2023
Future Software Update [Expected]
Samsung will provide a total of four major OS upgrades and five years of security patches.
- One UI 6.1, powered by Android 14 – February 2024
- December 2023 Android security patch — Rolling out to Public
The page is refreshed on December 9, 2023.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these Samsung devices
Millions of Samsung consumers are eligible for the One UI 6.0 update. Before the October end, Samsung started to release the Stable Android 14-based One UI 6.0 to the Galaxy S23 series devices. The expansion will continue along with new Galaxy devices in the update party.
Back in August, the South Korean tech giant started its Android 14 Beta Program, which took about two months to transform into Stable One UI 6.0 update. Notably, various Galaxy devices (mid-range and flagships) were able to test Android 14 through the One UI 6 in certain markets.
Samsung will continue to distribute the Stable One UI 6.0 update to eligible Galaxy devices globally. Months ago, we compiled a list of Galaxies eligible for the Beta and Stable update. Similarly, we are now keeping track of Stable build’s availability for Galaxy devices.
Stable One UI 6.0 (Android 14) update released for these devices
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+, Galaxy S23 Ultra
- Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Galaxy S23 FE
- Galaxy S21 FE
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 5
- Galaxy Z Flip 5
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A54
- Galaxy A34
- Galaxy A24
- Galaxy A14
- Galaxy A73
- Galaxy A53
- Galaxy A33
- Galaxy A52s
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M14
- Galaxy M53
- Galaxy M33
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S9/S9+/S9 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S9 FE/S9 FE+
- Galaxy Tab S8/S8+/S8 Ultra
Note: Availability varies by region and carrier.
Top features and changes of One UI 6.0
- Redesigned Quick Settings and Notifications panel.
- New lockscreen customizations.
- New font and simpler icon labels.
- Tweaks in the Camera app.
- Modes are directly tied to the lock screen.
- Bixby Text Call now supports more languages.
- New Weather and Camera widgets.
- Richer data in the Weather app.
- New emoji style in Samsung Keyboard.
- Multitasking improvements in the Gallery app.
- New Auto Blocker feature (blocks app installation from unauthorized app stores).
- You can check the complete changelog here.