Samsung testing Android 14 (One UI 6) on Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra
Samsung is internally testing the Android 14-based One UI 6 software on the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus, and S23 Ultra. Yesterday, we reported that the S23 Ultra’s new One UI Update build appeared on Samsung’s server, while the recent input confirms the entire lineup.
A Samsung user shared the evidence in Community, which reveals entire Galaxy S23 lineup is testing a new One UI update, which could be based on Android 14. Before the One UI 6, the company may serve One UI 5.1.1 improvements to the flagships but the version may now showcase on a regular phone.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
For the last two years, the South Korean tech giant is keeping the x.1.1 version exclusive to Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Flip, and select Galaxy Tab models. Regular handsets having bar form factor receive improvements and some tweaks but without version changes.
Therefore, the CheckFirm builds are highly likely to belong to the Android 14-based One UI 6 for the S23 series. Notably, these early builds bears PDA version numbers S911BXXU1BWE2, S916BXXU1BWE2, and S918BXXU1BWE2 for the Galaxy S23, S23 Plus and S23 Ultra, respectively.
Today, Google will showcase the new features and improvements of the Android 14 operating system. As per the schedule, the Stable version of Android 14 could release by late July, which could also be the timeframe for the One UI 6 Beta program.
Meanwhile, it’s great to see that the Galaxy-maker has begun Android 14’s adoption too early, which will directly benefit consumers with early experience. Last year, Samsung updated all eligible devices to the new Android within three months of starting the rollout.
Later on, the South Korean tech giant promised that it will continue to closely collaborate with partners like Google and Qualcomm to make updates distribution even faster. Hopefully, flagship devices like the S22 and S21 series will also be treated as new!
Samsung Android 14 update tracker for Galaxy S21 series
When Samsung launched the Galaxy S21 series, the models were eligible for three generations of OS upgrades. However, the February 2023 announcement was the happiest one for the consumers as Samsung pledged four Android updates for the Galaxy S21 series, FE included.
Since the lineup came preloaded with Android 11-based One UI 3.1, Android 14 is going to be the third major update, scheduled for late 2023 release. Before Public rollout, Samsung will run the Beta activity, letting consumers experience the new OS and features.
You should bookmark this page to stay up to date with the latest Android 14 update and news for your Samsung Galaxy S21 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 14 Update Tracker
Note: We will add or remove entries to provide you with useful insights only.
One UI 6.0 (Android 14) News:
Samsung could release the stable One UI 6.0 update, based on Android 14 in late October 2023.
One UI 6 Beta Progress:
In time, Samsung may begin the One UI 6 Beta Program earlier than the last year. We are speculating that the Galaxy S21 series may join the Beta testing in August or September.
One UI 6 Early Info/Leaks/Rumors:
– Galaxy S23 series internally testing the Android 14 firmware ahead of Beta activity on a handful of CSCs.
If you have any information about the Android 14-based One UI 6.0 update for Samsung’s Galaxy S21 series, do share it with us through social media! Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Samsung Support is afraid of sharing One UI 6 (Android 14) Beta release date
And here comes an insanely funny moment, courtesy of a discussion that happened between Samsung Support US and SamsonUpdate. Well-known Tweeter @SamsonUpdate asked Samsung when they are going to release the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta update for Galaxy devices.
Naturally, the response arrived immediately, but created a funny moment for Samsung Support as they said “I’m afraid that we are unable to speculate when your device will receive the new update/ Beta release.” Well, no doubt, the support manager played wisely, responded, and defended too!
The concern is that various non-Galaxy smartphones from most Chinese brands are eligible to install Android 14 Beta along with Google Pixel phones. Samsung is not participating in Google’s Android 14 Beta run, leading to consumers’ dissatisfaction.
Phone makers like Oppo, OnePlus, Realme, and more announced the Android 14 Beta activity for their newly launched flagship devices. Meanwhile, the South Korean tech giant is intentionally keeping the program away from Galaxy users as it doesn’t want them to deal with buggy/laggy software.
Possible Samsung Android 14 beta release
Samsung is likely to begin the Android 14-based One UI 6 Beta program by August 2023. The Galaxy S23 series will be the initial participant in the activity, while the company will surely invite more Galaxy models to experience the new OS ahead of public release.
Android 14 update and news that Samsung users should know
Samsung amazed Galaxy consumers with the Android 13 rollout and now there are high hopes for the Android 14 update this year. Based on Android 14, the One UI 6.0 version is expected to be available on the Beta and Stable channels in August and October 2023, respectively.
Android 14’s development had begun in early February and the OEM hopes to bring the official version in
July August this year. This Samsung Android 14 update page will keep you updated with the latest inputs, developments, and early information.
Note: We will add/remove content following the latest and authentic inputs.
Android 14 Beta News
- Android 14 Beta 2.1 started to release on May 26, bringing fixes to three most critical problems in the upcoming operating system.
- Google is internally testing the App Pair feature on Android 14, which Samsung brought to the very first version of One UI.
- Google kicked off Android 14 Beta 2 for Pixel devices along with starting the Beta program for partner devices.
- Android 14 Beta 1.1 rolled out by Google, which brings fixes to some of the most frustrating issues.
- Google pushed the Developer Preview 2 build to Pixel phones with new security and privacy focussed features.
- Samsung might announce the One UI 6 Beta program earlier than last year.
- Google released Developer Preview 1 build for devices ranging from Pixel 4a 5G to Pixel 7 Pro.
Android 14 Stable News
- The Ultra HDR feature of Android 14 will be supported by smartphones that have a camera that can capture 10-bit HDR images and are powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset.
- Galaxy S23 5G
- Galaxy S23 Plus 5G
- Galaxy S23 Ultra 5G
- Starting with Android 14 and One UI 6, Google and Samsung will be addressing background inconsistencies to deliver the best app user experience at all time.
- Per the roadmap shared by Google, Android 14 Stable could get the same August launch as Android 13.
- Google released the March 2023 Android Feature Drop ahead of the Android 14 announcement at I/O 2023.
- One UI 6.0 could launch at Samsung Developer Conference 2023 later this year.
- Google could release the Stable update to Pixel smartphones by the end of July this year.
Android 14 Features List
- Predictive back gesture
- Vibrant “Basic colours” in Color Palette
- Apps installed in the background
- Fast Pair
- Integrated Health Connect
- Prevention to install old apps
- Tweaked “Security & privacy” section
- Battery Saver UI
- Screen time in Battery usage section
- Taskbar text labels on larger displays
- Advanced memory protection
- Hearing devices
- One UI-inspired Cloned Apps
Features as of Developer Preview 1 for Google phones, source.
Samsung Android 14 Eligible Devices
Galaxy Z series
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 (2nd)
- Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 (3rd)
- Galaxy Z Flip 3
Galaxy S series
- Galaxy S23 Ultra (1st)
- Galaxy S23+
- Galaxy S23
- Galaxy S22 Ultra (2nd)
- Galaxy S22+
- Galaxy S22
- Galaxy S21 FE (2nd)
- Galaxy S21 Ultra (3rd)
- Galaxy S21+
- Galaxy S21
Galaxy A series
- Galaxy A14 (1st)
- Galaxy A04s
- Galaxy A73 (2nd)
- Galaxy A53 (2nd)
- Galaxy A33
- Galaxy A23
- Galaxy A13
- Galaxy A72 (3rd)
- Galaxy A52s 5G (3rd)
- Galaxy A52 LTE/5G (3rd)
Galaxy M series
- Galaxy M53 5G
- Galaxy M33 5G
- Galaxy M23
Galaxy Tab series
- Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Tab S8+
- Galaxy Tab S8
This is not an official One UI 6 device list.