Samsung added some new modules to the Good Lock app with One UI 5.0 update based on Android 13. Meanwhile, we have seen some more module concepts for the Good Lock app such as PanelStar and AnimationStar. Now, a new concept appears online for another Samsung Good Lock module named Tools.
A concept creator @Vertrox360 now come up with a new Tools concept after PanelStar and shared it on his Twitter handle. Inspired by the Compass app of Galaxy Watch, the concept creator makes this new Tools module for Edge Panels.
Tools concept for Samsung Good Lock
According to the concept, the Tools concept allows Galaxy users to add some important functions like a Flashlight, Compass, and Ruler on the Edge Panel. Once added, you can control and customize these functions directly from the Edge Panel.
If we talk about the interface of the tool module, then after opening it, you can see 3 options in a horizontal bar at the bottom namely – Compass, Flashlight, and Ruler. Next to these three options, there’s a Menu option which may have some features and an about section.
Whenever you click on any tool (Compass, Flashlight, or Ruler) you will get the option of Settings and Calibrate. You can use these options on Edge Panel to easily use these functions.
If we talk about this concept then it is good but not completely satisfactory because some more options can be added to it which can make the Samsung Edge Panel more better.
Samsung unveils Good Lock 2024, launching alongside One UI 6 – New Features, Enhancements
Samsung Good Lock is a popular app and some users have been waiting for a long time for the app to be updated to support the latest One UI 6.0 based on Android 14. Now, the company has announced the Samsung Good Lock 2024 through the official community.
The Functional manager has recently shared some plans for the app’s future development. In a post on the Samsung Members app, the team revealed that Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution and that some modules will undergo major changes and improvements.
Samsung Good Lock 2024
One UI 6
- Good Lock will be launched simultaneously with the official 6.0 distribution.
- Good Lock: When installing apps with every upgrade, the company is trying to reduce the steps of moving to the store so they can be installed quickly and easily without moving.
- Edge lighting +: ‘Edge lighting +’, which was only available on the Galaxy foldable, will be introduced in earnest this time. With the cute pop effect you want when you receive notifications and make suggestions for improvement.
- Sound Assistant: It seems that decorating the volume panel is only done through color selection, so please look forward to the change by providing various effects and control method changes so that you can enjoy new decoration effects.
- Wonderland, which has changed with a unique lock screen effect, is preparing to enable new transition effects when moving between AOD and lock screen/home screen.
- Samsung is preparing to provide more detailed information about why my notifications are not ringing through NiceCatch.
One UI 6.1
- Many people have complained about the inconvenience of LockStar / Clock Face having a structure that is separate from the lock screen, so Samsung is preparing it so that it can be set naturally within the lock screen.
- This is a very big task, so the people in charge of the lock screen will be encouraged if you give some words of support.
- Keys Cafe is developing a feature that allows you to map desired functions to keyboard gestures and designate keyboard touch sounds as desired.
Changes and delayed features
- HomeUp is undergoing major structural improvements to support a wider variety of styles.
- The theme park has a structural implementation in addition to the theme of the terminal. Every time you install a theme, you may wonder why it takes so long to install an app. By changing the structure, the company want to improve these inconveniences and aim for a lighter theme.
Also, the ‘Dropship Ride Together’ feature will be released soon regardless of the 6.0 upgrade.
Samsung ClockFace update fixes clock-style issue on Galaxy Z Flip 3, Flip 4
September 2023 is going on and Samsung ClockFace has received a new update with version 2.3.23. ClockFace is a Good Lock module that allows users to customize the clock on their lock screen and always-on display. The latest version of the app brings some improvements for the Galaxy Z Flip 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices.
According to the changelog, the update fixes an issue where the clock-style menu entry was not stable on the Z Flip 3 and Z Flip 4. This means that users can now choose from various clock styles without any glitches or crashes. The update also improves the overall performance and stability of the app.
The update has a package size of 142.25 MB and it is recommended to download it over a Wi-Fi connection. Users can check for the update by opening the Galaxy Store app and tapping on the Menu option, then tapping on the Updates.
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) September 19, 2023
Samsung RegiStar 1.0.43 update fixes side key bug [Good Lock]
Samsung has released a new update for its RegiStar Good Lock app with version number 1.0.43. This fresh update is available for download from the Galaxy Store with an installtion package size of 30.89 MB.
The update fixes a bug that caused the app to terminate unexpectedly when the user pressed and held the side key on some devices. This issue was reported by some users who experienced app crashes when they tried to use the side key to access any Samsung function or apps.
In addition, the update also improves the performance and stability of the app to provide a better experience. We recommend all users of the RegiStar app update to the latest version as soon as possible to enjoy the enhanced features and functionality. The RegiStar app is compatible with most Samsung devices running One UI 5.0 or later versions.
To install the Samsung RegiStar 1.0.43 update via the Galaxy Store, you just need to open the app and tap on the Updates option following the Menu option.