One UI 5.0
Samsung introduces One UI 5.0 and all new features (Android 13)
Samsung officially introduced One UI 5.0 at the Samsung Developer Conference 2022. The company revealed vital features and enhancements of the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update and hinted at some upcoming features at the event.
Join SammyFans On Telegram
One UI 5.0 is remarkable in terms of individual customization as it comes with several new features and options for every section to customize your Samsung Galaxy experience to your liking and design it to express itself at your fingertips.
Based on Android 13, the main highlight features of Samsung One UI 5.0 are the advanced Lock screen customization, Bixby call text, Modes and routines, RAM Plus disable option, enhanced Color Palette, Stack widgets, Connected devices, and more. Let’s explore major One UI 5.0 features in detail.
Major Samsung One UI 5.0 Features
Lock Screen Customization
- You can easily edit and customize your lock screen by simply touching and holding onto the screen. You can customize Wallpaper, Clock style, Notifications, shortcuts, and more directly from the lock screen.
Advanced Color Palette and Themed icons
- You can choose your favorite one from up to 16 color themes based on your wallpaper as well as preset color themes that aren’t related to your wallpaper.
- Several stocks apps got Themed Icon support, letting you style your phone’s home screen in a unique way.
Modes and Routines
- The modes and Routines Tab is a new addition to the Settings. Through this new tab, you can add, remove and edit a variety of modes and routines as well. The currently running routine is now displayed at the top of the Routines screen so that you understand what is happening and make changes if necessary.
- To make your smartphone’s Home Screen more customizable, you can combine several widgets of the same size into a single Widget. You just need to drag a widget onto another one to create a Stack of Widgets.
- To easily access features related to connectivity, One UI 5.0 brings the Connected devices menu for Settings. The company has kept all the connectivity options in one place for a better experience.
Updated App Icons
- To provide a cohesive look, some app icons updated their illustration styles, as well as symbols on app icons, become large and bold to easily identify.
- With the major update, you can add a watermark to the corner of each photo with the date and time, and customs information you entered.
New Emojis for Samsung Keyboard
- 88 new emoji and 10 new animations can be created as emoji pairs on the Samsung keyboard. In addition to facial expressions, you can now add emojis of animals, food, and everyday objects.
Extract Text from any image
- One UI 5.0 allows you to extract the text using a Samsung keyboard, Internet, Gallery, or whenever you take a screenshot.
RAM Plus Disabling option
- You can now quickly turn off the RAM Plus feature in Device Care if it’s unnecessary or when storage space usage needs to be restricted.
Per App Language
- The Per-App Language feature allows users to select a different language preference for each app. It is specially developed for multilingual who prefer to use different languages depending on the situation and change the way they communicate.
Security and Privacy
- The security and Privacy menu in Settings is created by combining two options of Settings to further customize it, namely – Privacy, Biometric and security.
One UI 5.1
Samsung serves One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Samsung releases One UI 5.1 update to the Galaxy Tab S7 FE users. The latest firmware comes with a plethora of new features such as useful multitasking tools and new home screen widgets. Once installed, the update will take your tablet to a whole new level.
According to the information, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE 5G variant has started getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 update. Since the initial rollout is happening in Europe and some other markets, US availability is expected a few days later. The software bears PDA build version – T736BXXU2CWC5.
As the latest One UI 5.1 version takes your tablet to the next level, Samsung has also included the February 2023 security patch to ensure better system reliability. There are new Gallery features as well as enhancements to productivity and personalization.
Tab S7 FE users mainly use it as a portable PC and multitasking becomes a necessary function. Focussing on user’s needs, Samsung One UI 5.1 comes with three changes for the multitasking ability of the tablet, which you can check below:
- Easily minimize or switch to full screen: You can now minimize or maximize an app window without going to the options menu. Just drag one of the corners.
- Access your most used apps in split screen: When you start a split-screen view, the apps you use most often will be shown below your recently used apps to help you find the apps you need faster.
- Improved multitasking in DeX: In split-screen view, you can now drag the divider in the center of the screen to resize both windows. You can also snap a window to one of the corners to make it fill a quarter of the screen.
- Added GIF Remaster
- Enhanced Photo Remaster
- Settings suggestions
- Spotify suggestions in Smart Suggestion widget
- Contacts widget
- Battery status widgets
- Enhanced dynamic Weather widget
Apart from this, the One UI 5.1 introduces notable upgrades to the Samsung Internet app. It adds a new feature, allowing you to continue browsing on another device if you’ve signed in with the same Samsung Account. Moreover, the search function now shows more precise results to the consumers.
One UI 5.1
Samsung Galaxy A71 bags One UI 5.1 update in Germany
Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone users are grabbing One UI 5.1 based on Android 13 in Germany. A few days ago the company rolled out this major update for Galaxy A71 in India, Canada, South Korea, the US, and select European countries.
Users of the Samsung Galaxy A71 in Germany can identify the One UI 5.1 update via version A715FXXU8DWB5 and a package size of 1235.56 MB. This huge firmware takes your smartphone to the next level with new features for gallery, camera, widget, and more to increase productivity and personalization.
Alongside this, the update also installs February 2023 security patch to improve system security. You can install it through the Settings of your phone >> navigate to Software update >> Download and install.
Samsung Galaxy A71 smartphone features a 6.7 inches Super AMOLED+ display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 730 processor, 64 MP primary camera, 4500 mAh battery, and more. It came pre-installed with Android 10 and now getting its last major update which is Android 13-based One UI 5.1
One UI 5.1 Features for Galaxy A71
The One UI 5.1 installs new Camera features to make it easy to change the color tone of selfies by just tapping the Effect button on the main screen.
For Gallery app, it comes with multiple new features such as extracting text from the video, GIF Remastering, a convenient information display, a common family share album, easier handling, improved editing tools, and more.
In addition, the Samsung widget section is receiving two new widgets, including a Battery widget and a Dynamic Weather widget. Meanwhile, the Smart Suggestion widget is also improved with new functions.
Furthermore, the Samsung Internet app now lets you continue browsing on other devices, the Bixby Text Call feature supports the English language, Slip-screen and Pop-view gets new functions for easier multitasking, Modes and Routines now allow you to set different wallpapers depending on the current mode, and much more.
One UI 5.1
Samsung phones and tablets that have received One UI 5.1
First published on Feb. 13…
On February 13, Samsung started giving early Valentine’s Day gifts to Galaxy customers in the form of One UI 5.1 update! The rollout of the new One UI 5.1 update started with several older eligible flagship devices including the Galaxy Z Fold/Flip 4 as well as Galaxy S22, Galaxy S21, and Galaxy S20 series.
The One UI 5.1 update package weighs between 1.5GB to 1.98GB and the feature availability also varies by model. The Galaxy S22 series is taking most of the Galaxy S23 benefits, while, it’s just a farewell release for the Galaxy S20 series and Note 20 series.
One UI 5.1 is available for:
- Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4
- Galaxy S22, S22 Plus and S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Z Flip 3
- Galaxy S21, S21 Plus and S21 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra – Feb. 18
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G – Feb. 21
- Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra
- Galaxy S21 FE and S20 FE 5G
- Galaxy Z Flip – Feb. 27
- Galaxy Tab S8 series
- Galaxy Tab S7 series
- Galaxy S10 Lite and Note 10 Lite
Non-flagship Galaxy devices:
- Galaxy A73, A53, A33 and A23- Feb. 20
- Galaxy M53, M33 – Feb. 25
- Galaxy A23 – Feb. 27
- Galaxy F62 – Mar. 1
- Galaxy M62, M52 – Mar. 1st week
- Galaxy A52s – Mar. 2
- Galaxy Quantum 2 – Mar. 2
- Galaxy Tab S7 and Tab S7 Plus
- Galaxy A71 and A51 – Mar. 8
- Galaxy S10 Lite – Mar. 7
- Galaxy A72, A52 and A32 – Mar. 9
- Galaxy A13 – Mar. 14
- Galaxy A51 5G – Mar. 21
- Galaxy A03s – Mar. 22
- Galaxy A32 LTE – Mar. 22
- Galaxy M13 – Mar. 24
- Galaxy A14 5G – Mar. 26
- Galaxy F22
- Galaxy F23 5G
- Galaxy M23 5G
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite
- Galaxy Tab A8
- Galaxy Tab S7 FE
Didn’t find your device on the list? It doesn’t mean your smartphones will not get the One UI 5.1 update. Samsung has just begun the rollout, which may take about 3 to 4 weeks to reach all regions and carriers. If your device is eligible for Android 14, you would receive the One UI 5.1 as well.
How to update:
Head towards the Settings menu, tap the Software update tab, followed by Download and install. Let your device connect to Samsung’s software server and find out the new build. If a new build is available for your device and CSC, follow the on-screen instructions and enjoy!
One UI 5.1
On February 1, Samsung launched the Galaxy S23 series smartphones that brought the One UI 5.1 firmware out of the box. This new One UI version is an improved variant of Samsung’s first Android 13 skin and offers select new features from the S23 to older models.
What’s new with One UI 5.1?
Similar to the One UI 5.0, Samsung’s new One UI 5.1 version is also based on the Android 13 operating system. Ahead of major switch like Android 14, the company is offering select new features from its topmost flagship lineup to older models such as the Galaxy S and Z.
Changes of One UI 5.1 firmware include a handful of new features including enhancements to the Camera and Gallery apps with the ability to remaster and fine-tune photos saved on your phone. It also brings the ability to access the Expert RAW camera app directly from the stock Camera app.
Last but not least, One UI 5.1 is packed with battery status widgets for the home screen along with a Spotify suggestions option and Settings quick panels. Earlier, the leaked One UI 5.1 changelog listed plenty of new features in detail, which you can check here.