Samsung recently pushed a stable One UI Watch 4.5 update for beta testers through a minor build. Now, the company is releasing One UI Watch 4.5 based on Wear OS 3.5 update for Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic users publically.
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 One UI Watch 4.5 update comes with a bunch of new features and improvements over the previous version. Users will have to download over an 800MB package to install this major update and enjoy new features on their watch.
Based on Wear OS 3.5, the One UI Watch 4.5 update brings new watch faces, more customizable options, GIF animation playback support, advanced auditory care, quick command, new options for Phone and Contacts, Left and right sound balance, and more. This update help users switch conveniently between different communication styles for different occasions.
You can check the full changelog of One UI Watch 4.5 mentioned below.
Samsung One UI 4.5 (Wear OS 3.5) Changelog:
Enjoy new and improved watch laces with enriched style and customizable options.
- 6 new watch faces (Pebbles, Flower garden, Info Board, Pro analog, Kinetic digits, Gradient number)
- More customizable options added for existing watch faces (Dial, indexes, Character, Color, Complication, Clock type)
- New complications have been added
Watch home screen
- Add watch faces as your favorite, make finding and changing
- Explore the watch face list to add watch face as your favorite including new watch faces
- A feature that allows you to switch between photo and video shooting will be added.
*Only Sammung flagship models after Galaxy S9 and Note 9 with One 4.1.1 or later are supported
- You can input characters using the QWERTY keyboard and gestures. (Some languages are not supported)
- You can switch between different input mode (keyboard, voice input, and handwriting) during text entry
- GIF animation playback of Samsung message notifications is supported
When Watch is connected to a dual SIM phone.
- The SIM icon used on the phone as displayed the same on the watch
- If there is no preferred SIM set on the phone, it can select the SIM to make a call on the watch
- It supports to make calls through other SIMs on the watch
- The input field is provided in the message threads.
- Through the input field, the recently used input mode is supported
- Draft messages are kept in the input field.
- Date, alarm name, and snooze settings features are added
- Files recorded on the Watch are quickly saved to the connected phone
- Larger sizes for font size settings are supported.
- Additional auditory care for “improving ability are supported
- A “Left and right sound balance” control feature for “hearing aids” was added.
- The “Quick commands” feature, which groups together and runs multiple actions in one command, is supported.
Official One UI Watch 4.5 update with Wear OS 3.5 rolling out to Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung’s Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic smartwatches started receiving the official One UI Watch 4.5 update on top of Google’s new Wear OS 3.5 wearable operating system. The update weighs about 875MB and packs a lot of new features and improvements, taking user experiences to the next level.
Recently, the South Korean tech giant announced the conclusion of the One UI Watch 4.5 Beta Program and released a minor update to Beta participants, switching the channel to Stable from Beta. Now, the feature-packed update is officially released for Galaxy Watch 4 series users to the public.
Recently, the company announced to bring the official Wear OS 3.5-based One UI Watch 4.5 version update to the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic consumers. The major update comes with six new colorful and interactive watch faces and a palette of fresh new colors and dynamic complications.
The One UI Watch 4.5 update makes Samsung’s wearable lineup’s variety of distinct layout options even more diverse so users can match their unique lifestyles with the perfect type of display. The new favorite watch face list lets you save your creations and access them quickly and easily.
Aside from existing voice recognition and handwriting features, the brand new QWERTY keyboard function makes communication on the Galaxy Watch 4 smoother and more convenient than ever. These upgrades help users switch conveniently between different communication styles for different occasions.
How to update
With the paired Samsung phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Watch settings. After that, tap Watch software update, if your watch displays a Home tab, swipe to and tap Watch software update or Band software update. Finally, tap Download and install.
Android 12L/One UI 4.1.1 and Wear OS 3.5/One UI Watch 4.5 coming to older Samsung devices
According to Samsung, the new Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update with select features from the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 will be rolled out to older Galaxy foldable devices, that are as follows:
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 – Rolling out starting Sep. 5
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 – Rolling out starting Sep. 5
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Flip
- Galaxy Fold
Apart from the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 software, Samsung also announced the expansion of the Google’s Wear OS 3.5-based One UI Watch 4.5 update for the previous generation Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 4 Classic.
Select Galaxy Watch models launched on Tizen OS firmware will also get a handful of new features from the One UI Watch 4.5 through software updates in near future. These Tizen OS Galaxy Watch are eligible for new features:
- Galaxy Watch 3
- Galaxy Watch Active 2
In its newsroom post, Samsung described all the new features that the new Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 brings for older Galaxy foldable phones and the Wear OS 3.5-based One UI Watch 4.5 for older Galaxy watches.
For the Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3, the Android 12L’s rollout has begun starting September 5, however, the update will expand to more markets and regions gradually.
Samsung ends One UI Watch 4.5 Beta program for Galaxy Watch 4
According to official information, Samsung has informed One UI Beta 4.5 participants that there will no longer be any beta update release as the beta program has ended and the company is releasing the final stable beta version.
Users of Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic users who are testing the beta can now download and install this stable update. To identify the One UI Watch 4.5 stable update, you can check the build version of the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ending with GVH2.
Currently, the update is rolling out for Samsung One UI Watch 4.5 Beta testers only and the company will expand it publically soon. It is important to note that beta users will have to update to this official version. There is no future official version continuous update for personnel who continue to use the beta binaries even after the beta has been closed.
Obviously, Samsung One UI Watch 4.5 update brings a bunch of new features for Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. After installing the stable version you can enjoy several new features.