Samsung started releasing the world’s first August 2022 security update for Galaxy devices, when July was about to end. Similar to the past few months, the company has released the latest security patch first as compared to other OEMs. The latest update has firstly rolled out for Samsung Galaxy S22 series smartphones.
Shortly after the initial rollout with the Galaxy S22 series, the South Korean tech giant will gradually roll out the August 2022 security update to other Samsung devices that are eligible. The new patch surely fixes various vulnerabilities and bugs to enhance stability, security, and performance.
Previous reports suggest that Samsung has started testing One UI 5.0 beta internally. The company will soon begin the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 beta program for Galaxy devices. On the other hand, Google is ready to release the Stable Android 13 update, which may arrive later this month.
In this article, you can see which Samsung devices have received the August 2022 security patch, along with the region and updated version.
Samsung August 2022 Security Update
These Galaxy devices have received the latest Android and One UI security patches:
Galaxy S Series
- Galaxy S22 – S901EXXU2AVG6 [Europe] | S901U1UEU2AVG8 [USA]
- Galaxy S22 Plus – S906EXXU2AVG6 | S906U1UEU2AVG8
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – S908EXXU2AVG6 | S908U1UEU2AVG8
- Galaxy S22 – S901BXXU2AVG6 [India]
- Galaxy S22 Plus – S906BXXU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – S908BXXU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22 – S901NKSU2AVG6 [Korea]
- Galaxy S22 Plus – S906NKSU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – S908NKSU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22- S901USQU2AVG6 [The US]
- Galaxy S22 Plus – S906USQU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22 Ultra – S908USQU2AVG6
- Galaxy S22 series [T-Mobile]
- Galaxy S21 – G991BXXU5CVGB [Europe] | G991USQU5CVGB [US] | Verizon
- Galaxy S21 Plus – G996BXXU5CVGB | G996USQU5CVGB
- Galaxy S21 Ultra – G998BXXU5CVGB | G998USQU5CVGB
- Galaxy S21 FE – G990EXXU3CVG7 [India]
- Galaxy S20 – G981BXXUEFVG5 [Europe] | G981U1ES2DUG6 [US Unlocked]
- Galaxy S20 Plus – G986BXXUEFVG5 | G986U1ES2DUG6 [US Unlocked]
- Galaxy S20 Ultra – G988BXXUEFVG5 | G988U1ES2DUG6 [US Unlocked]
- Galaxy S20 FE – G780FXXU9DVG5 [Russia]
- Galaxy S10e [HVG4]
- Galaxy S10
- Galaxy S10 Plus
Galaxy Note Series
- Galaxy Note 20 – N981BXXU4FVGA [Europe]
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – N986BXXU4FVGA
- Galaxy Note 20 – N981U1UEU2FVG5 | USA – Locked/Unlocked
- Galaxy Note 20 Ultra – N986U1UEU2FVG5
- Galaxy Note 10 – N970FXXU8HVGA [Europe] | HVH1 – US
- Galaxy Note 10 Plus – N975FXXU8HVGA
Galaxy Z Series
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G – F707BXXU6GVG5 [Europe]
- Galaxy Z Flip – F700FTBS9GVH1
- Galaxy Fold – F900FXXU6HVG5
- Galaxy Z Flip 3 – F711BXXU2CVG8 [Europe]
- Galaxy Z Fold 3
- Europe – F926BXXU1CVG8
- T-Mobile – F926U1UES1DVG3
- Verizon – F926U1UES1DVG3
Galaxy A Series
- Galaxy A52s – A528NKSU1CVG5 [South Korea] | A528BXXU1CVG7
- Galaxy A52 – A525MUBU4BVG5 [Brazil]
- Galaxy A73 5G – A736BXXU2AVG3 [Asian Countries]
- Galaxy A23 – A235FXXU1AVG2
- Galaxy A33 – A3360ZHU3AVGA, A336EDXU3AVH1, and A336NKSU1AVH1
- Galaxy A32 – South Korea
- Galaxy A02s – US Verizon
- Galaxy A51
- Galaxy A53
Galaxy M Series
- Galaxy M31
- Galaxy M20
Galaxy F Series
- Galaxy F22
Galaxy XCover Series
Galaxy Tab Series
January 2023 Google Play System update for Samsung Galaxy S22 has arrived, yours to download now
Samsung Galaxy S22 series begins getting the latest January 2023 Google Play System update. At present, the update rollout is happening in the Indian market, with Europe and the United States will follow shortly.
January 2023 Google Play System update for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra comes with a package size of 58MB. Notably, the Android manufacturer skipped rolling out the December 2022 Play System update for devices.
The latest Play System update comes with fixes for some critical bugs in various scenarios including Account Management, Security & Privacy, System Management & Diagnostics, and Utilities related services.
In addition, the latest version further enhances the Device Connectivity function of Android smartphones and makes it possible to discover devices even when the screen is off.
The update also expands the range of users and use cases supported by the Play Games profile. Not that all, there are various new changes and improvements in the Google Play Store itself, which are as follows:
- New Features to help you discover the Apps & Games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- Continuous improvements to Play Protect to keep your device safe.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes and improvements to security, stability and accessibility.
Moreover, Password manager helps you save different passwords to your Google account and allows you to use them across various websites and devices. Now, you will be able to add notes to your existing and new passwords.
Google detailed the Play System update, which also includes:
- [Phone] Improve user experience for auto filling passwords.
- [Phone] Visual and infrastructure updates to Wallet mobile web experience.
- [Phone] Adds contactless data transfer (NFC) restrictions for passes.
- [Phone] New developer features for Google and third party app developers to support Device Connectivity, Location & Context, Machine Learning & AI, Maps, and System Management & Diagnostics related developer services in their apps.
- [Phone] Update the platform QR scanner with the ability to select an existing photo and add support for handling Matter and UPI codes from OEM cameras.
- [Phone] Updates to System Management, and Usability services that improve Device Connectivity, Device Performance, Network Usage, Privacy, Security, Stability, and Usability.
How to download and install Play System update:
Open Settings >> Security and privacy >> Updates >> Google Play system update.
T-Mobile releases Android 13 One UI 5.0 update for Samsung Galaxy S20 FE in the US
Carrier-unlocked models of Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G smartphone at T-Mobile are now getting the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 software update in the US. Whereas, the US carrier-unlocked devices and internal variants have already grabbed it in late 2022.
Samsung is releasing this update with One UI build version G781U1UEU9FWA7. It installs plenty of new features alongside a lot of new improvements, customization capabilities, and a revamped user interface.
The Quick settings panel, Notification Panel, Recent menu, Home screen, Lock screen, and other compartments are getting various notable tweaks. Whereas, the app icons are now bolder and look great compared to the older ones.
As far as the new features are concerned, the Galaxy S20 FE Android 13 update brings 16 Color Palette options, Stack widgets, Notification Permission, Lockdown mode, Maintenance mode, Per-app languages, a new Smart Suggestion widget, a Smart Text extraction feature, new swipe features for easier multitasking, and much more.
Meanwhile, the Camera app is receiving various new changes and features including Picture, Historogarm in Pro mode, Help guide in Pro mode, Food Mode support in Telephoto camera, improved Single Take, and others.
At the same time, the Gallery app is receiving a new interface alongside improvised editing tools, and more. You will also notice major changes in the Edge Panels, Good Lock, Samsung Internet, Samsung DeX, Samsung Notes, Smart View, and other One UI apps and services.
— Samsung One UI Software Updates (@SamSWUpdate) January 31, 2023
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 gets One UI 5.1 Camera controller zoom, Self-diagnose features in India
After the Galaxy Watch 5, Samsung began rolling out the January 2023 feature-packed update to Galaxy Watch 4 users last week. This update was limited to South Korea but now, the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 customers living in India are also getting access to One UI 5.1 Camera controller zoom and Self-diagnose features with the new software update.
As per the information, the new Camera controller zoom feature will let the Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 5 customers remotely zoom the camera by pinching in or out the watch’s screen or through the rotating bezel.
It is noteworthy that Samsung is only releasing this Camera Controller zoom feature for the flagship phones released after Galaxy S20 or Galaxy Z Flip driving at least One UI 5.1 software. It means you will not be able to use it at present. However, you can have hands-on this feature once your Galaxy phone will receive the One UI 5.1 update.
Moreover, the January 2023 software update for Galaxy Watch 4 further brings the ability for Self-diagnose. It installs a new “Connected device diagnostics” option that will allow you to check the proper performance of your wearable’s battery status, touch screen function, and more on the connected phone.
You can now use this feature by updating your Galaxy Watch 4, Samsung Members app, and Galaxy Wearable app to their latest version.
Samsung is currently rolling out the One UI 5.1 Camera controller zoom and Self-diagnose features for the LTE version of Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. You can determine it through the built version:
- Galaxy Watch 4 (40mm) – R865FXXU1GWA3
- Galaxy Watch 4 (44mm) – R875FXXU1GWA3
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (42mm) – R885FXXU1GWA3
- Galaxy Watch 4 Classic (46mm) – R895FXXU1GWA3
— Samsung One UI Software Updates (@SamSWUpdate) January 31, 2023