Every smartphone manufacturer has its own virtual assistant. For Samsung phones, the assistant is Bixby. It lets you control your smartphone and select connected accessories. With this, you can easily open apps, check the weather, play music, send text messages, turn down screen brightness, and much more.
Google Assistant is a big competitor of Bixby. Most smartphone users use Google Assistant on their phones. However, every company wants their customers to use the brand’s virtual assistant instead of Google Assistant and Samsung is no different.
By default, newer Samsung phones open Bixby when you hold down the Side key, the key you’d expect to function as a power button. This is very stupid and is frustrating to use. But it’s easy to fix. Here’s how:
Disable Bixby and change to Power menu
- Swipe down on your home screen to open your notification panel.
- Swipe again to expand quick settings.
- Tap the Power icon in the top right corner.
- Tap Side key settings at the bottom of the screen.
- Toggle on the Power off menu under Press and hold.
Different ways to customize colors and themes of Samsung One UI 4.1 Keyboard
If it’s Samsung’s feature, it can be customized. The Korean company provides a variety of options to completely personalize your phone, whether it is the home screen, lock screen, quick settings panel, volume panel, app drawer, caller screen, or anything else. The same is the case with Samsung Keyboard.
Samsung understands that the keyboard is also an important element of a smartphone thus it supercharges its built-in keyboard with lots of customization options. You can change the language, layout, themes, size, feedback, and even add custom symbols with a few taps.
With Android 12-based One UI 4.1, the Samsung keyboard even encountered some really big changes and improvements, such as the addition of Grammarly, the ability to choose apps for text correction, and other widely available keyboard options.
However, in this article, we’ll be talking about different ways to customize the colors and themes of the Samsung One UI 4.1 Keyboard. In case you need some tips on how to customize the whole Samsung Keyboard, head here.
Change Samsung keyboard colors
- Using Dark Mode
The dark mode is the simplest way to change your Samsung phone’s default keyboard colors. When you turn on dark mode, the black theme automatically applies to different areas of your phone including the quick settings panel, settings page, phones, messages, and come other applications, and so is the case with Samsung Keyboard.
Enabling dark mode is easy and simple, you can do it in a few steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Dark mode.
Alternatively, you can perform the same through the Quick panel by just tapping the button.
- Using Samsung Keyboard themes
The built-in Samsung Keybaord provides four different themes that you can use to change the color of your keyboard. These themes include – Light, Solid light, Dark, and Solid dark.
Well, we prefer you not to use Solid colors as they hide the keys’ border and don’t look so good. Anyway, to change colors using Samsung’s built-in keyboard:
- Open Settings on your Samsung phone.
- Go to General Management.
- Tap Samsung keyboard settings.
- Tap Themes.
- Choose one between four themes.
Instead, you can tap the Settings icon >> Themes while using the Samsung Keyboard.
- Using High Contrast Color
If you don’t like these simple light and dark colors, you can also choose high-contrast colors for your keyboard. To do this:
- Open Samsung keyboard settings.
- Tap on High contrast keyboard.
- Enable the toggle to turn on the feature.
- Choose the required high-contrast color theme from the available options.
- Using Galaxy Themes
You can also change your keyboard’s color by applying a theme on your phone. Your Samsung phone supports themes natively, so you don’t have to rely on any third-party app.
It should be noted that the applied theme will change the colors of your entire phone and not just the keyboard. If you are ok with it, you can try out this method. Here’s how:
- From a Home screen, tap and hold an empty area.
- Tap Themes.
- To view all your themes, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines).
- Tap My stuff.
- Click Themes.
- Select your desired theme, view the details, and then tap Apply.
- If needed, tap Apply one more time to confirm.
If you don’t have any theme download, you can download as well as purchase new themes from the Galaxy Themes app.
- Using One UI 4.1 Color Palette
One UI 4 introduced Dynamic theming for Galaxy devices. When enabled, it picks up the dominant color palette from user-applied wallpapers and applies them as accent colors on the Galaxy phone’s user interface.
To use it:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Go to Wallpaper and style.
- Tap on Color palette.
- Enable the toggle next to Apply palette to app icons.
- Choose a color scheme from the options available under the Color palette section above the toggle.
- If you don’t like the available colors, you can change the wallpaper to see a different set of colors.
- Using Good Lock Keys Cafe
One of the best ways to customize your Keyboard is Good Lock’s Key Cafe. You can even create your own keyboard with different designs, themes, characters, emojis, etc. You can also add custom animation effects and color effects to the keyboard. Here’s how to Keys Cafe.
What is One UI 4.1 Quick Share feature and how to use it in Samsung phones
Samsung One UI 4.1 is praiseworthy. At present, there is no better Android 12-based custom software system than this. One UI 4.1 brings you a wide array of new features and enhancements for a seamless experience across your Galaxy devices. Even Android 12 itself doesn’t have many customization options and features like One UI 4.1.
Among multiple new elements, one of the most noticeable features that appeared on One UI 4.1 is Enhanced Quick Share, which has been further optimized to provide users with an improved experience.
What is Samsung One UI 4.1 Quick Share?
Samsung’s Enhanced Quick Share automatically optimizes photos. Whether it’s trimming unwanted sections of a screenshot or automatically adjusting the tilt, you can ensure that everything you send is exactly what you want.
Additionally, it lets you enjoy instant sharing by letting you quickly send multiple photos, videos, and files at once. While sharing pictures and videos with Quick Share, you can even include the entire editing history so the recipient can see what’s changed or revert to the original.
Samsung One UI 4.1 Quick Share also has the ability to share your current WiFi network with anyone so that they can connect automatically without entering the password. Here’s how to use Quick Share on your Galaxy device.
How to use Samsung One UI 4.1 Quick Share?
- Head over to Samsung Gallery.
- Choose a picture or video.
- Tap the Share option.
- An icon will alert you if your device detects potential improvements.
- Click on the icon and watch as the image is automatically adjusted, rotated, or cropped before it’s shared.
- After you finally adjust the picture accordingly, just click the Share button and select the desired recipient to transfer anything with ease.
How to use Video Enhancer on your Samsung One UI 4.1 phone?
The display is one of the most important components of any smartphone. A good display provides you a beautiful look at your device and gives a clear look at the camera, pictures, movies, web pages, games, and others.
Samsung smartphones arguably come with the best display which makes them great for watching videos. But sometimes, some scenes can be very dark and hard to see. For such conditions, Samsung One UI 4.1 provides you the ability to enhance the video quality of your smartphone.
What is Video Enhancer?
Samsung has been offering Video enhancers to its users for years. Meanwhile, with the launch of the Galaxy S22 series and One UI 4.1, the company started calling it Vidoe Brightness, which is absolutely more accurate name for this feature.
Enabling this feature makes your screen brighter. It also makes the display colors more vibrant while you are watching videos so that you will not need to manually turn up the brightness every time you are watching a video. It is also available on a per-app level.
- Also read: 8 smart Samsung One UI 4.1 Display settings
How to use Samsung One UI 4.1 Video Enhancer?
- Navigate the Settings of your phone.
- Tap Advanced Features.
- Scroll down and click Video brightness.
- Select Normal or Bright.
- If you select Bright, a list of compatible apps will appear.
- You can select which app(s) are automatically enhanced by tapping the switch(es).