Article first published on October 29
Good Lock is an interesting application offered by Samsung for flagship Galaxy devices. This app consists of several excellent services called modules and apps that make the One UI software system highly customizable.
As always, several Good Lock apps and modules became no longer compatible with the devices running Android 12-based One UI 4.0. As the customization of the UI is based on the operating system, the company needs to optimize Good Lock again.
In a recent development, Good Lock in charge in South Korea shared the entire plan of the Good Lock 2022 that will be made for Galaxy devices running One UI 4.0 based on Android 12. The upcoming version will come with several new features and improvements for all the modules and applications.
Good Lock 2022 & modules
Samsung Good Lock 2022 Plan
Earlier today, Samsung has officially announced that it will start rolling out the Good Lock 2022 update for Galaxy devices starting February 22, 2022. Well, the 2022 version of the Good Lock suite is now rolling out through Galaxy Store, which updates plenty of modules and apps.
Good Lock 2022 New Features
February 22, 2022
The latest Good Lock 2022 update brings several improvements and optimization with the Android 12-based One UI 4.0. The new release updates the Nice Shot module with setting to show the Delete button immediately after a screenshot is taken.
Besides, the ClockFace module enables the Galaxy Watch 4 users to use the watch face on the phone as well. Meanwhile, only the watch faces made by made by the developers via the Watch Face Studio will be compatible with this feature.
Apart from this, the One Hand Operation+ update comes with new gestures for keyboard shortcuts and moving the screen. Moreover, the SoundAssistant makes the volume panel templates easier to use and lets Galaxy fans make their own in DeX mode.
- Good Lock — 2.2.01.12
- Theme Park — 1.0.09.23
- LockStar — 2.1.00.29
- QuickStar — 5.2.00.3
- Wonderland — 1.2.08
- One Hand Operation + — 22.214.171.124
- Routines + — 1.0.34
- Home Up — 13.0.00.35
- Clockface — 126.96.36.199
More module & app updates will be added further.
October 29, 2021
According to the official proposal, Samsung hopes that our customers will like it, and the new features of Good Lock that we are preparing with enthusiasm are as follows.
- Improved Lock widget editing function:
- Provides more editing functions such as Alpha, Lock icon replacement.
- Edit AOD:
- It is possible to edit (On/Off) the elements composing AOD.
- Decorate your lock screen with stickers:
- You can decorate your lock screen with various stickers.
- My Watchface: You can set up a watch face made with Watch Face Studio on the device in conjunction with the Galaxy Watch 4.
- Samsung Dex :
- Supports high resolution regardless of connected accessories, and you can use more apps at the same time.
- On tablets, if possible, the DeX screen will also be turned vertically.
It’s a bit vague to confirm it’s January, but there were a lot of voices hoping the Good Lock team would do something about making better use of the Z Flip 3’s cover screen. (The function you expect is correct) When it is finalized and confirmed, it will be given as a gift to Z Flip 3 customers.
- Apps screen portrait mode: You can check the app icons by swiping up/down on the Apps screen.
- Create your own stickers: You can use unique stickers in conjunction with the Samsung keyboard.
- Added settings to improve usability of screen capture and screen recording functions.
- You can choose not to save screen capture images to the clipboard, and automatically activate Do Not Disturb when screen recording.
- Add video wallpaper: You can set the video file as the wallpaper of the home screen.
- Another interesting function is being prepared, and we will update it after seeing the completeness of the requirements.
One Hand Operation+
- Gesture Hot key: Execute a function by passing a shortcut to the running app as a gesture.
- Screen Move: Moves the screen with gestures to help click in areas that cannot be reached.
- Volume panel theme available in DeX mode.
- You can use voice modulation effect in VoIP or Sound Recorder app
Good Lock 2022 Schedule
October 29, 2021
After the One UI version was officially opened, it took some time for Good Lock to work in the new One UI, and many complained about the inconvenience because the function that was used during that time did not work.
This year, Samsung engineers are preparing as much as possible so that you can use Good Lock. At the same time, as One UI 4 officially opens (though it was very difficult for the developers) to eliminate the gap in which Good Lock cannot be used.
Three major updates planned
- Good Lock 2022 operating on One UI 4 will open in November (before the official One UI 4)
- Home Up Task Changer function will be available in December
- (As are other functions, but especially since it is a function that depends on the most on the OS, it is always difficult It’s a big feature, so please comment on the developers as well)
- Updates with new features will be done in January 2022
Update: Samsung Android 12 One UI 4.0 update supports 9 Good Lock modules
- Key Cafe
- Theme Park
- Nice Catch
What is Good Lock ClockFace? Here’s how to use it on Samsung One UI 4.1 phone
There’s no doubt Good Lock adds great value to Samsung’s One UI software skin. It is a collection of Samsung-made apps or modules that includes all the customization options you need to make your device truly your own.
The company offers a variety of options to personalize the Lock screen, Home screen, Notification panel, keyboard, etc. Meanwhile, in this article, I’m talking about the Samsung ClockFace app.
What is Good Lock ClockFace?
Samsung Good lock ClockFace is an application that has a variety of clock faces for your Galaxy phone’s Lock Screen as well as Always on Display. It offers you more than 35 clock faces to customize your lock screen and AOD.
Not only this, you can change the color of the clock and make your own as well. The colors can be set to adaptive, which is the default and the color will change depending on the wallpaper. It also has options for static and rainbow colors.
How to use Good Lock ClockFace?
- Open the Good Lock app on your smartphone.
- Click the ClockFace module.
- Choose one between:
- Always on Display
- Lock Screen
- Select the desired ClockFace.
- When you tap on it, you will see two options:
- If it’s the clock face you want you can tap the ‘check‘ option.
- If you want to customize it, tap the ‘pencil‘.
- Here, you can select different colors, clock face positions, text, images, etc.
- Once, you feel good with the Clock Face, tap the save option.
What is Good Lock SoundAssistant? Here’s how to use it in your Samsung One UI 4.1 phone
Samsung Good Lock is an effective application that has multiple apps and modules to let you completely personalize your Galaxy phone or tablet. You might have previously heard of customizing the home screen, lock, screen, quick settings panel, keyboard, etc. Have you ever heard of customizing the Volume panel?
Samsung Good Lock provides you with a different level of customization without letting you use any third-party app. It has a module named SoundAssistant that is capable of completely revamping the look of your volume panel.
What is Good Lock SoundAssistant?
Just like you customize your phone in other aspects with different themes, wallpapers, colors, pictures, etc, Good Lock Sound Assistant lets you customize the Volume panel of your phone.
You can even make your own volume panel with a completely new design that suits you. It also has various features such as individual app volume, metronome, media manner mode, and voice changer that have their own excellence.
How to customize the Volume panel?
You just need to enter Good Lock >> Family >> SoundAssistant >> Customize volume panel to personalize your volume panel. Here, you can adjust the height of the volume bar in the Standard panel, change which side it appears on, show a numerical volume level, as well as enable the SoundAssistant floating button.
It gets even better when you expand the volume panel. Here you can add toolbar functions that provide quick access to the Bluetooth/speaker switch, Live Caption, Equalizer, and the SoundAssistant itself.
How to create your own Volume panel?
Head over to the Good Lock >> Family >> SoundAssistant >> Make your own volume panel to create your own volume panel. You can choose the one between different available themes or can make a completely new one by tapping on the Plus (+) option.
Here, you can choose different themes, colors, and many more to decorate your regular and boring volume panel to make it look amazing. You can either choose dark or light themes.
How to use Individual app volume?
Well, Samsung now has a feature called Separate app volume in the Settings itself. Good SoundAssistant is providing you the ability to adjust the volume of any app currently playing media without even changing the system volume since earlier.
To use this, open the Good Lock >> Family >> SoundAssistant >> Individual app volume. Now select apps you want to adjust individual sounds, and enjoy them without interruptions.
How to use Metronome?
Bluetooth audio, especially on cheap devices, usually suffers from poor latency. So, the Metronome will help you out of this as it lets you manually sync the sound with your earbuds. Isn’t it great?
The metronome will start when you tap on the option. The phone will read a different number as the arrow passes over one of the red lines. If you hear a number read before or after the arrow is covered, drag the slider left or right until it’s in sync.
What is Good Lock Wonderland? Here’s how to use it in your Samsung One UI 4.1 phone
One of the best things about Samsung One UI is the way you can customize your phone. Specialized for Galaxy smartphones, Samsung Good Lock is beyond all the customization options present on any smartphone.
From minor to major, there are a variety of options available to let you fully personalize your Galaxy phone. Ever wondered if you can modify your phone’s wallpapers instead of setting up the downloaded ones? Yes, you can and all you need is the Good Lock’s Wonderland module.
What is Good Lock Wonderland?
Samsung Wonderland is all about wallpaper creation. It allows you to create custom live wallpapers for your home screen and lock screen. Some pre-loaded wallpapers show you what Wonderland is capable of. You can edit those presets or create a new wallpaper from scratch.
While customizing a wallpaper, you can also decorate that wallpaper with a variety of particle effects that come with their own customization options and sliders for size and duration.
These Particles can be animated automatically, also they can pop up when you touch the screen, and they appear through various effects such as flying snowflakes, scattered raindrops, rising bubbles, and much more.
If this is not enough, you can combine multiple particle effects into a single wallpaper, so the variations that can be achieved are too many to count. You can also put a video on top of your static wallpaper, or spread it, to make the video wallpaper cover the entire screen.
And, the best part about Wonderland is that it comes with a Preview option so that you can finalize your creation before applying the live wallpaper. In essence, Good Lock Wonderland is a great pick if you want to make your phone’s screen look more lively.
How to use Good Lock Wonderland?
- Open the Good Lock application on your Galaxy Device.
- Go to the Family section.
- Open the Wonderland Module and tap on the Start button.
- Now, here you will several 3D wallpapers styles such as Alice, Cat, Landscape, and much more.
- Select any of them that you like.
- You can also have an option of Edit, select to change color and style as per your choice.
- Finally, click on Set as Wallpaper, you can set it for the Home screen or also for both the home and lock screen.