Samsung has opened the One UI 4.0 beta program for the Galaxy S21 series smartphone users in the select region, these smartphones have received two beta update so far. And the company is planning to release the next beta update for this flagship series in the upcoming days or weeks.
One UI 4 Beta program provides Samsung consumers with an opportunity to taste (download) all upcoming features and the latest Android-based custom skin changes before the stable version of the Galaxy device is released.
Furthermore, Samsung also confirmed that the stable Android 12 update will begin rolling out to Galaxy smartphones later this year. However, here, we are talking about how to set up the Samsung keyboard on One UI 4.
How to set up the Samsung keyboard?
Samsung keyboard provides a large number of customization options for you to choose from, allowing you to create your own keyboard. Change the layout, language and size used, and other options to create the perfect keyboard.
The toolbar provides quick access to the features of the keyboard. Options may vary by carrier.
From the Samsung keyboard, tap Expand toolbar for the following options:
- Emojis: Insert an emoji.
- Stickers: Add illustrated stickers.
- GIFs: Add animated GIFs.
- Voice input: Use Samsung voice input.
- Settings: Access keyboard settings.
- Handwriting: Use your handwriting to enter text (Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G only).
- Search: Locate specific words or phrases in your conversations.
- Translate: Type words or sentences on the keyboard to translate them
into another language.
- Samsung Pass: Use biometrics for secure access to apps and services.
- Spotify: Add music from Spotify.
- YouTube: Add videos from YouTube.
- Clipboard: Access the clipboard.
- Text editing: Use an editing panel to help pinpoint text that you want to
cut, copy, and paste.
- Modes: Select a keyboard layout.
- Keyboard size: Adjust the height and width of the keyboard.
- Bitmoji: Create your own personal emoji and use it in stickers.
- AR Emoji: Create your own personal emoji and use it in stickers you can
- Mojitok: Create your own stickers or insert automatically suggested ones.
Configure the Samsung keyboard
Set customized options for the Samsung keyboard. From the Samsung keyboard, tap Settings for the following options:
Languages and types:
Set the keyboard type and choose which languages are available on the keyboard.– To switch between languages, swipe the Space bar left or right.
Changing the keyboard language:
- Open the keyboard
- Tap the settings cog
- Tap Languages and types
- Tap Manage input languages
- Tap the switch next to the languages you wish to use. A maximum of four can be selected at one time
- Navigate back to your keyboard
- Swipe right or left on the spacebar to select a language
- Predictive text: As you type see suggested words and phrases.
- Suggest emojis: Include emojis when using predictive text.
- Suggest stickers while typing: View recommended stickers while you are
- Auto replace: Automatically replace what you type with predictive text
- Auto spell check: Underline misspelled words in red and suggest corrections.
- More typing options: Customize additional typing options.
Style and layout
- Keyboard toolbar: View or hide the keyboard toolbar.
- High contrast keyboard: Adjust the size of the Samsung keyboard and change its colors to increase the contrast between the keys and the background.
- Theme: Choose a theme for your keyboard.
- Mode: Choose between portrait and landscape mode.
- Size and transparency: Adjust the size and transparency of the keyboard.
- Layout: Display numbers and special characters on the keyboard.
- Font size: Drag the slider to adjust the font size.
- Custom symbols: Change the symbol shortcuts on the keyboard.
- Swipe, touch, and feedback: Customize gestures and feedback.
- Handwriting: Customize handwriting options (Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G only).
- Select third-party content to use: Enable third-party keyboard features.
- Reset to default settings: Return keyboard to original settings and clear personalized data.
- About Samsung keyboard: View version and legal information for the Samsung keyboard.
- Contact us: Contact Samsung support through Samsung Members (if supported by your carrier).
Use Samsung voice input
Instead of typing, enter text by speaking.
- From the Samsung keyboard, tap Voice input and speak your text.
Configure Samsung voice input-
Set customized options for Samsung voice input.
- From the Samsung keyboard, tap Voice input.
- Tap Settings for options.
• Keyboard language: Choose the language for the keyboard.
• Voice input language: Select the language for Samsung voice input.
• Hide offensive words: Hide potentially offensive words with asterisks.
• About Samsung voice input: View version and legal information for Samsung
Changing the keyboard
The Samsung keyboard can be used in three different layouts to provide the typing experience you find the easiest to use. The standard keyboard uses the entire screen width. One-handed keyboard Move the keyboard to the left or right side of the screen to make it easier to use with one hand. The floating keyboard can be dragged on the screen, making it easier for you to see the application you are using while typing.
- Open the keyboard
- Tap the options icon on the emoticon toolbar
Please note: if you see a list of words when you tap the options icon, tap the emoticon toolbar key then try again. The emoticon toolbar key looks like a face between two arrows.
- Tap Modes
- Select between the standard keyboard, one-handed keyboard, and floating keyboard
- Select the keyboard you wish to use
- Standard keyboard
- One-handed keyboard
- Floating keyboard
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.