Voice assistants came to change our process, giving them greater freedom in daily activities. If in the past it was necessary to have several remote controls at home to turn on various computers, today it is possible to perform different functions at the command of the voice.
As Samsung SmartTVs 2019 has help options that allow you to adjust volume, open apps, check the weather, match effect, play music, and control other devices connected to your phone.
“We want to provide the best TV viewing experience for our customers. Today, our televisions are the only ones on the market that have three voice assistants available – Bixby, Google Assistant and Alexa – in Portuguese and Spanish, providing even more convenience to the day to day ”, says Celso Barros, Senior Visual Display Manager for Samsung Latin America.
See how easy it is to enter the Samsung Voice Assistants of your Smart TV:
How to connect to Bixby:
- To activate Bixby in Spanish on your Samsung Smart TV, go to “settings”
- Click on “General”
- Click on “Voice”
- Select “Bixby Voice Settings” to choose the language.
- Say “Hi, Bixby!” And the action you want to take.
How to connect to Alexa:
- Connect your TV to SmartThings.
- Change the name of your TV so that it can be recognized by the Amazon device.
- On your smartphone, open the Amazon Alexa app and navigate to Menu> Skills & Games. Find and activate SmartThings. At this point, you can add your Samsung account. You just need to select a SmartThings location and authorize the connection with your Samsung account.
- When the skill is added, tap on Discover device (or you can say “Alexa, discover device”).
- SmartThings devices, including your TV, will be discovered automatically.
- Select on Conclude or Finish and voila!
How to connect to Google Assistant:
- Download and install the Google Home app and configure your devices with Google Assistant.
- When ready, open the Google Home app on your smartphone and tap the Account icon on the lower right side.
- Go to Settings, click on the “Wizard” guide and select “Residential Control”.
- Select Add, find, and choose SmartThings.
- Fill in your Samsung credentials, select the SmartThings location, and tap Authorize. SmartThings devices, including your TV, will be discovered automatically. Ready, now you can control your TV with Google Assistant.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Here’s how to switch your Galaxy buds between your phone and tablet
If you own a pair of Galaxy Buds, you might want to use them with both your phone and tablet. But how do you switch between the two devices without having to manually disconnect and reconnect them? Don’t worry, you can do that as Samsung offers a function for Galaxy devices named “Auto switch to other devices”.
The Auto switch to other devices function allows your Galaxy Buds to automatically connect to the phone or tablet you’re using when you start a call or play media. This way, you don’t have to worry about missing a call or pausing your music when you switch devices. You can enjoy seamless audio across your Samsung devices.
To use this feature, you need to sign in to the same Samsung account on both your phone and tablet. This feature may vary depending on your device, so make sure you have the latest software update on both devices. You also need to enable Bluetooth on both devices and pair your Galaxy Buds with them.
To enable the auto switch feature, follow these steps:
- Tap on Earbuds settings.
- Tap on the Auto switch to other devices option
- Toggle on the switch, next to the devices you want to use with the auto switch.
That’s it! Now you can enjoy using your Galaxy Buds with both your phone and tablet without any issue. You can also disable the auto switch feature anytime by following the same steps and toggling off the switch.
Here’s how to add transitional effects on lock screen of your Samsung device
Samsung offers a bundle of features for lock screen customization on your Galaxy smartphone. In addition to the wallpaper, you can now add transition effects for lock screen wallpapers, all thanks to the Samsung Wonderland Good Lock module.
The new update of Samsung Wonderland added a new type of wallpaper that includes captivating transition effects when the user turns on the screen. It allows users to customize their experience by setting different wallpapers with transitions.
How to add transitional effects on the lock screen?
To apply the transition effect lock screen wallpaper, you just need to follow a few steps given below.
- Open Samsusng Wonderland app.
- Tap on the “Create your different lock screen effect” option.
- Select any one transitional wallpaper for the lock screen. You can also select it from the Gallery app.
- Now tap on the Set as Wallpaper option and it is done.
However, you can customize the transition effects type, Speed, thickness, Brightness, and Grayscale of the lock screen, just need to tap on the Edit option ahead of Set as wallpaper.
Here’s how to use Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 ‘Water Lock Mode’
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 offers a remarkable feature named Water Lock Mode. It prevents unintended interactions while submerged in water. This feature is a valuable addition, ensuring seamless functionality and peace of mind while wearing the Galaxy Watch 4 in the water.
There are two simple methods to activate Water Lock Mode on the Galaxy Watch 4. The first involves a quick swipe down to access the Quick Settings Panel, followed by tapping the Water Mode icon.
Alternatively, users can enable this mode through the device’s Settings menu by selecting “Advanced Features” and toggling on the “Water Lock” option. Once enabled, Water Lock Mode renders the touchscreen inactive, shielding the watch from accidental touches underwater.
To deactivate Water Lock Mode, users can press and hold the home key. The watch emits sounds to expel water from the speaker, while a gentle shake eliminates any moisture from the pressure sensor.