Breaking: Samsung releases April 2021 security update for Galaxy S21 users with major camera improvements
Fulfilling its promise and following its tradition, Samsung started releasing the April 2021 Android and One UI security patch for the Galaxy S21 series smartphones in India. Sending new security patches before completing the current month is not surprising news for Samsung fans.
As we have previously reported that the Galaxy S21 phones will soon get the April security update with major bug fixes, the changelog confirms our reporting. However, it is a big size update of more than 1GB, which brings new camera performance improvements to enhance the picture-taking capabilities of the camera-focused S21 handsets.
According to some reports, this new software update again allows the Samsung Galaxy S21 users to use the regular camera to capture portraits. It is worth noting, the company had previously restricted the Portrait mode on its premium devices to use the ultrawide or telephoto camera.
Besides, the OEM is on the mission to deliver the new and smart camera features of the Galaxy S21 lineup to its older flagships such as the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy S20. Following this, the previous reports say that T-Mobile has updated its support page for the S20 phones and added the Director’s View camera feature tutorial even it’s not yet available for them.
Aside from this, the Galaxy S21 flagships became the first to get the February 2021 security update back in January 2021. With these aggressive software updates, Samsung is dazzling the owners of its latest premium smartphone range. And below, you can check the software versions of the latest software update for Samsung Galaxy S21 flagships:
- G991BXXU2AUC8 – Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
- G996BXXU2AUC8– Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G
- G998BXXU2AUC8– Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
If you haven’t received the latest software on your device via OTA then you can also check for the update manually by navigating to device Settings > Software updates > then click on Download and install.
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
- Join SammyFans on Telegram
- Like SammyFans.com on Facebook
- Follow SammyFans on Twitter
- Get the latest insights through Google News
- Send us tips at – [email protected]
Samsung One UI June 2023 Updates List
In June 2023, Samsung is continuing to rollout new One UI Security Maintenance Release to Galaxy devices through software updates. On June 5, the company published the One UI patch details, which lists the details of content included in the SW package.
On the same day, Google also released the June 2023 Android security bulletin. This is important for Galaxy devices as Android is the base of One UI and is responsible for each functional operation. To help enhance Galaxy security, Samsung’s June 2023 patch plays a key role.
This month, the US tech giant will release the third Beta software of Android 14. The new version of the operating system is likely to bring the most notable changes such as user interface tweaks, lock screen customization as well as performance and system stability.
One UI 6 Beta
One UI 6 Beta Program is not likely to begin in June 2023. Last year, One UI 5 Beta started in early August, while we could see an earlier debut this year, sometime in mid-July. The Galaxy S23 series will be the first to get it through Beta in the seven markets, mentioned here.
Samsung’s expected to launch the Galaxy Z Fold 5 and Galaxy Z Flip 5 smartphones in late July. Along with the new foldable phones, there will be the Galaxy Tab S9 flagship tablets, Galaxy Watch 6, and Watch 6 Classic. Everything makes July a Samsung and One UI-packed month!
Meanwhile, the latest software update rollouts are as follows:
Samsung One UI June 2023 Updates List
- June 2023 update is now rolling out to Samsung’s Galaxy A53, Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Galaxy A12 Nacho.
- The Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy Tab Active 3, Galaxy A52 and Galaxy A23 devices are updated to the June 2023 Android patches.
- Samsung’s powerful mid-ranger – Galaxy A52s is joining the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Note 20 flagships with the latest June 2023 One UI patch.
- Samsung begins the June patch update rollout starting with the Galaxy Z Fold 4 in the United States. A few hours later, the software served to the Galaxy Note 20 and Note 20 Ultra handsets.
Samsung is updating DeX Services for functional improvements
Samsung Dex feature lets you extend your mobile device to a larger screen, creating a powerful desktop experience. Currently, the company is enhancing the Samsung DeX Home and System UI through June 2023 update.
The latest version of Samsung DeX services brings some bug fixes and common improvements in order to provide smoother performance. In addition, it also enhances some functions for a better usability user experience.
The fresh update for Samsung DeX Home and DeX System UI is rolling out gradually so it may take time to reach all eligible Galaxy devices. It is worth mentioning that the latest release is compatible with Samsung devices running Android 13 based One UI 5.1/One UI 5.0 or below.
You can check the updated version, package size, and download link below.
Samsung DeX Home
- Updated Version: 188.8.131.52
- Installation Package: 12.49 MB
- Download: Link
Samsung DeX System UI
- Updated Version: 3.0.01.21
- Installation Package: 6.86 MB
- Download: Link
How to enable Samsung DeX feature?
You can easily enable the Samsung Dex feature, just need to follow a dew steps.
- Start by plugging in and turning on your smart monitor.
- Using the remote or physical buttons on the monitor, select the Source option and select Screen Mirroring.
- On your Galaxy device, open the Quick menu by dragging and dropping the screen, then press the DeX option.
- In the DeX menu, select “DeX on TV or Monitor”.
- Searches for displays are available to connect your Galaxy device. When you see your smart monitor appear, tap on it.
- And that’s it! You should now see the DeX logo on your smart monitor and you may be working properly.
If DeX is enabled, you can use your mobile device as a touchpad. But for a real desktop-like experience, you might want to add a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
June 2023 update releases for Samsung Galaxy S20, Z Flip 4 and A12 Nacho
Samsung has kicked off the June 2023 security update for the Galaxy S20 series, Galaxy Z Flip 4, and Galaxy A12 Nacho. The latest security patch improves system security and behavior by fixing several security issues.
June 2023 security update fixes a bunch of vulnerabilities in Android and Samsung. There are several common vulnerability exposures listed in the document that falls into different ranges including 3 Critical levels and 47 High-Level CVEs.
Together with Android and One UI patches, the latest software update provides the best security and privacy on Galaxy devices. The fresh update for these devices is rolling out initially so it may take hours/days to reach all models.
You can check the June 2023 update for Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4, Galaxy A12 Nacho, and Galaxy S20 series smartphones through the details mentioned below.
Galaxy A12 Nacho
- Updated Version: A127FXXU9DWE4 [Russia]
Galaxy S20 Series
- Updated Version: G98xxXXUHHWED [European Countries]
Galaxy Z Flip 4
- Updated Version – F721U1UES2CWE1 [Unlocked US]
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
To install the latest update, you just need to go to the Settings of your phone and enter its Software update section. Simply tap on the Download and install option and the available update will appear on the screen. We recommend you install the update immediately if you have received the notification of the update.