Samsung Galaxy Note 10 lineup, the last year’s flagship from Samsung had already received One UI 2.5 in many other countries and now this update is rolling out for the Note 10 devices in Malaysia.
The One UI 2.5 update installs many new features and improvements to the Galaxy Note 10 smartphones. It also brings the latest November security patch for the Note 10 devices for improved security and stability of the devices.
The update comes with the build version N970FXXU6DTJ4 and N975FXXU6DTJ4 for the Galaxy Note 10 and Galaxy Note 10 Plus respectively.
The One UI 2.5 update for Galaxy devices brings many new features and enhancements to the smartphones including new Wi-Fi quality measurement that will now show speed as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
It now allows the bitmoji stickers to be displayed on Always on Display, there is a new feature added to the Samsung keyboard that allows you to split the keyboard in the landscape mode.
In addition, it improves the quality and stability of the camera for an enhanced shooting experience, a new feature has been introduced to the message that allows users to send SOS location-sharing message every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
To check for the update manually go to Settings > Software Update > then tap on Download and install.
– Wireless DeX connection support.
. Wireless connection with TVs through Wi-Fi Direct (compatible with Miracast).
* Quick panel – DeX
. Usage of Samsung Smart TVs released after 2019 is recommended.
– Screen Zoom and Font Size options are supported to allow customization in various display sizes.
– If quality information on nearby Wi-Fi routers can be measured, this information will appear as Very Fast, Fast, Normal, or Slow.
* This feature can be turned on or off in “Network Quality Information Display” settings.
– When attempting to access a Wi-Fi router with a password, a newly added feature now allows the user to request the password of the Wi-Fi router from someone nearby who is saved in their contact list and has already connected to that router.
* The “Request Password” button will appear on the Wi-Fi password input screen when you can request a password.
Always On Display
– Bitmoji Stickers are supported on Always On Display. (Clock style)
– A new feature has been added to the keyboard search feature that allows the user to search YouTube.
– Split Keyboard is supported on Landscape mode.
– The search function of the “Manage Input Languages” screen in the Keyboard Settings page has been newly updated to make it easy to find keyboard input languages that the user wishes to add or delete.
– The Pro Video feature has been enhanced.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to call a person who is saved as a pre-configured SOS message contact.
– A feature has been added that allows the user to send SOS location-sharing messages every 30 minutes for 24 hours.
The Galaxy Note 10 devices are currently listed for getting monthly security updates and last month these devices received the October 2020 security patch. This line up is also eligible to get the upcoming Android 11 based One UI 3.0.
Samsung launched the Galaxy Note 10 series as a flagship line up in 2019 that offers many premium features including the power of the S-pen. These smartphones are powered by Exynos 9825 or snapdragon 855 processors. They all feature a Dynamic AMOLED display with HDR 10 and much more.