How to use, manage, and fix issues of the S Pen’s Air command
Samsung‘s Air Command is the heart and soul of the S Pen – it’s what makes it so easy and fun. This menu and its Floating icon let you access your S Pen features quickly, and you can add or remove shortcuts from the Air command to make it more convenient for you.
Air command gives you access to signature S Pen features. You can access the Air command anytime you are using your phone by simply taking out the S Pen.
Alternatively, the Air command can be activated by simply hovering the S Pen over the screen and then clicking the S Pen button.
Once opened, you’ll see a menu that features several options, including Smart select, Screen write, and Samsung Notes. You can also create a Live Message, sending your friends and family a drawing that comes to life before their eyes. Or, if you’re reading something in a different language, it’s simple to select text using the S Pen and have it translated with the Translate feature.
Similarly, there are several possible reasons why the Air Command shortcut menu may not display. It can be the result of a physical issue, like damage to your S Pen, or an issue with your phone’s software.
You can reboot the phone, perform a software update, or boot in safe mode to solve the problem. Here are a few things you can do to determine that the problem has been solved.
Read More: How to enable 96Hz refresh rate on your Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Understand how to use and manage the Air command menu on your Galaxy Note
If you’re surfing through any website on your phone and see something you want to buy, don’t wait. You can take up a screenshot quick with Smart select on your S Pen.
It’s just one of the features you can use with the Air command on the Galaxy Note series. You can also edit and adjust what apps or features show in the Air command menu for faster access.
Air command features
Draw a heart around that cute picture or translate a foreign language, just two cool things you can do with Air command.
To see all of the Air command’s features, hover the S Pen over the screen, and tap the floating Air command icon.
You can access the following features in the Air command menu:
- Create note: Open Samsung Notes to jot down a quick note with the S Pen.
- Smart select: Allows you to collect content quickly. You can also make your own GIFs from content on the screen.
- Screen write: Write and draw on the current screen.
- Live message: Draw your own emojis, make animated GIFs, or write handwritten messages on photos. Live message allows you to express your feelings and send them to people you care about.
- Translate: Hover the S Pen over a word to translate it.
- Note: Currencies and units in a sentence can be converted in accordance with the system language that you’re currently using.
- Bixby Vision: Identify landmarks, translate foreign languages, and shop for products online. The option will vary depending on the image.
- PENUP: Let your creativity run wild. Draw, color, and much more.
- Setting icon: Change the Air command settings.
- Add shortcuts: Add shortcuts for your frequently used apps to the Air command panel.
Add or remove app shortcuts
You love the default Air command shortcuts, but there are other apps you’re always using as well. Add all your favorite apps to Air command shortcuts for quick and easy access.
- Open the Air command menu using your S Pen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Air command features.
- Then tap Add shortcuts.
- Select the app you would like to add to your Air command menu.
Note: The number of apps you can add to the Air Command menu may vary by device.
Turn the Air command icon on or off
Maybe you keep accidentally touching the Air command icon by mistake. No worries, you can make it disappear if you prefer.
- With the Air command open, tap Settings, and scroll to the Air command section.
- Then tap the switch next to the Show floating icon.
If you need to access the Air command features, just take the S Pen out of your phone. The Air command menu will automatically open.
Air Command is not working on Samsung Galaxy Note phone or tablet
Check for S Pen Damage
- If the button on the S Pen is pushed below the surface, then the S Pen is damaged and must be replaced.
- If there is no physical damage, proceed to the next step.
Issues with Air Command on Samsung Notebook
If you are having issues using or launching Air Command on your Samsung Notebook, it most likely means your PC is missing a program required to run it. It’s also possible that there is a program installed that is preventing Samsung’s software service from running.
Install the Air Command app.
- Open the Microsoft Store on your PC, and then search for Air Command. Click Get to install it.
Install Pen Service & Driver.
- After you’ve installed Air Command, click the Start menu on the taskbar.
- Then find and open Samsung Update.
- Click the Samsung Apps in the left menu, and then find and click Pen Service & Driver. Click Download.
Uninstall any programs that interfere with Samsung’s software service.
- If Air Command still isn’t working, uninstall any programs that may be interfering. For example, Go clean and Classic Shell are programs that force Samsung’s software service to stop running.
Here’s how to fix fall detection notification issue on Galaxy Watch
Samsung provides a Fall detection feature to the Galaxy Watches in addition to several Health alert functions. But for some time, Galaxy Watch users are facing an issue related to fall detection notifications, due to which they are not able to properly use other functions of their Samsung smartwatch.
Several community users have reported that the hard fall detection notification pops up repeatedly on the Galaxy Watch, even when no fall has occurred. If you are also facing the fall detection notification issue on your Galaxy Watch, then you can check the solution below.
The Samsung smartphone’s fall detection feature triggers a 60-second notification on your watch when it detects a hard fall. If you don’t respond, it will send an SOS message to the emergency contact listed with your location. The smartwatch also allows you to call an emergency contact if you’re in a position to do so.
If you don’t need the fall detection function during daily life then you just need to change the setting of this function.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to change the Galaxy Watch Fall detection notification?
For changing the settings of the Fall detection feature, you just need to follow a few steps.
- Firstly, connect your Galaxy Watch to your smartphone
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone
- Now tap on the Watch Settings.
- Click on the Safety and emergency option.
- Tap on the Hard fall detection feature.
- Now, you just need to select the ‘ Only during workout‘ option.
- It is done.
3 Smart tips that help you increase battery life of your Samsung devices
Here’s how to change the navigation bar on your Samsung smartphone
Navigation Bar is one of the important parts of a smartphone as it allows users to control or navigate all the activities on their smartphone as per their wish. Along with changing the Navigation Bar on Galaxy smartphones, Samsung also offers various options to decorate and customize it.
If we buy a new smartphone, we need to navigate to use it. Although navigating the smartphone is very easy, yet we can make it more comfortable. How? So it is based on you in which way makes you feel comfortable using your Samsung smartphone, perhaps with gestures or buttons.
Here you can check how you can change the Navigation bar of your Galaxy smartphone.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to change Navigation Bar on your Galaxy device?
You can easily change the Navigation Bar of the Samsung smartphone, just need to follow a few steps mentioned below.
- Open Settings on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Click on the Display option.
- Scroll down and click on the Navigation bar.
- Select Navigation type from two options:
2.) Swipe gestures
Aside from this, you can also change the icons, layout, and background color of the navigation buttons in addition to height through the Good Lock module NavStar.
Here’s how to adjust height of navigation bar of your Samsung device
3 Accessibility features you should try on your Samsung One UI 5.1 device
Samsung enhances its technology day by day and One UI 5.1 seems to be a fantastic upgrade over its predecessors that brought many new improvements and features to the existing user interface. Apart from the many new features of One UI 5.1, you can also check here 3 amazing accessibility functions of Samsung smartphones that give you the next-level experience.
In the accessibility section of your smartphone, you can find some of the most innovative features of your Galaxy smartphone. The functions of accessibility are more useful for the person who is managing a disability as it helps to supercharge your Galaxy device.
3 Samsung One UI 5.1 Accessibility Features
1.) Flash notification
Flash the camera light or the screen when you receive a notification, call, or when an alarm sound. To turn on this function, you just need to visit Settings >> Scroll down and press Accessibility >> Tap on Advanced Settings >> Flash notification. Now, you can see two options:
- Camera flash notification
- Screen flash notification
You can turn on the function by tapping on the toggle.
2.) Left/Right Sound Balance
Samsung provides a separate option for adjusting the sound of the phone’s speaker and any other connected devices like earbuds, Bluetooth headsets, and more. It is a very helpful feature for those users who use it, however, the feature is not applicable for calls.
You can easily use this feature by following a few easy steps. Open Settings >> Click Accessibility option >> Tap on the Hearing enhancements option. Now, you can find the Left/right sound balance option, which includes the following two sliders.
- Connected device
- Phone Audio
You can adjust them by sliding left or right as you feel convenient.
3.) Accessibility button/gesture
You can add Accessibility floating buttons to easily access several functions of the Accessibility section. Also, you can change its size and transparency accordingly.
To add the Accessibility button, you just need to open Settings >> Accessibility >> Advanced Settings>> Accessibility button/gesture >> Select actions, and it is done.
One UI 6.0
Samsung’s One UI 6.0 will release later this year, while the Beta program could start by July 2023. Despite a long gap in the timeframe, Samsung silently released support for One UI 6 software to the stock apps for some users.
Here’s how Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro can boost your mental health