How to update Samsung Galaxy Buds firmware
Samsung Galaxy Buds are designed to fulfill the needs of users who want to enjoy listening to music, watch videos, or make phone calls for a long duration. These earbuds offer a truly immersive audio experience.
To maintain its stability and performance its requirement is keeping up with the latest updates on your earbuds which brings new connectivity features. This allows the user to go completely wireless and take their listening more easily than before.
And it is easy when you install Galaxy Buds Manager or Gear IconX Manager on your device. Either, you can use the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone or tablet to not only pair and control your earbuds but also check for software updates for them. That way, you can ensure they stay current and you’ll get to enjoy all of your favorite music.
THE GUIDE BELOW INCLUDES:
- Software updating tips
- Software updates with the Galaxy Wearable app
- Software updates on a PC
Read More: Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ gets monthly security patch against its update schedule
Software updating tips
To ensure your software updates run smoothly, there are a few things you can do on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- First, connect your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live, or Gear IconX earbuds to the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone or tablet, or on the PC manager software in order to check for updates.
- The Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live can be updated on iPhones using the Galaxy Buds app. Open the app, select your Galaxy Buds+, and then tap Earbuds software update.
- To see what’s included in the update before installing it, you can tap ‘What’s new’ under the app in the Play Store, so you’ll know exactly what is being changed.
- Once the software updates have been installed, you can use a single earbud with your device.
- If you’re experiencing issues while updating your earbuds, you can restart them by placing them in the charging case and closing the lid for 10 seconds.
Software updates with the Galaxy Wearable app
When a software update is available for the earbuds, the Galaxy Wearable app will notify you with a popup. Tap Update, tap INSTALL NOW and then follow the prompts. The earbuds will disconnect from the phone. Once the update is complete, the earbuds will automatically reconnect with the phone.
To manually check for software updates, both earbuds must be charged and connected to the app. Insert the earbuds into the charging case, leaving the lid open.
From there, use the appropriate steps based on the type of earbuds you have:
- Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, and Galaxy Buds Live: Tap Update earbuds software, and then tap Download and install.
- Gear IconX: Tap the Settings tab, and then tap About Gear. Tap Update Gear software, and then tap Download updates manually.
Software updates on a PC
You can also update your earbuds using the Galaxy Buds Manager or Gear IconX Manager on your PC.
- From your computer, whether it’s a Mac or Windows, navigate to Samsung Support for the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Live, or Gear IconX using your browser.
- Under Software, click See More, and then download the appropriate program for your computer.
- Once the download is complete, run the file, and then use the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Next, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both the computer and buds and then open the appropriate earbuds app on the computer.
- Place the buds in the case if they aren’t already, and close the lid. If you’re using Galaxy Buds, open the case to put them in pairing mode.
- On the computer, click Connect in the app. Once the earbuds are paired, click Check for updates. If an update is available, you can install it from here.
Here’s how to fix fall detection notification issue on Galaxy Watch
Samsung provides a Fall detection feature to the Galaxy Watches in addition to several Health alert functions. But for some time, Galaxy Watch users are facing an issue related to fall detection notifications, due to which they are not able to properly use other functions of their Samsung smartwatch.
Several community users have reported that the hard fall detection notification pops up repeatedly on the Galaxy Watch, even when no fall has occurred. If you are also facing the fall detection notification issue on your Galaxy Watch, then you can check the solution below.
The Samsung smartphone’s fall detection feature triggers a 60-second notification on your watch when it detects a hard fall. If you don’t respond, it will send an SOS message to the emergency contact listed with your location. The smartwatch also allows you to call an emergency contact if you’re in a position to do so.
If you don’t need the fall detection function during daily life then you just need to change the setting of this function.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to change the Galaxy Watch Fall detection notification?
For changing the settings of the Fall detection feature, you just need to follow a few steps.
- Firstly, connect your Galaxy Watch to your smartphone
- Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your smartphone
- Now tap on the Watch Settings.
- Click on the Safety and emergency option.
- Tap on the Hard fall detection feature.
- Now, you just need to select the ‘ Only during workout‘ option.
- It is done.
3 Smart tips that help you increase battery life of your Samsung devices
Here’s how to change the navigation bar on your Samsung smartphone
Navigation Bar is one of the important parts of a smartphone as it allows users to control or navigate all the activities on their smartphone as per their wish. Along with changing the Navigation Bar on Galaxy smartphones, Samsung also offers various options to decorate and customize it.
If we buy a new smartphone, we need to navigate to use it. Although navigating the smartphone is very easy, yet we can make it more comfortable. How? So it is based on you in which way makes you feel comfortable using your Samsung smartphone, perhaps with gestures or buttons.
Here you can check how you can change the Navigation bar of your Galaxy smartphone.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to change Navigation Bar on your Galaxy device?
You can easily change the Navigation Bar of the Samsung smartphone, just need to follow a few steps mentioned below.
- Open Settings on your Galaxy smartphone.
- Click on the Display option.
- Scroll down and click on the Navigation bar.
- Select Navigation type from two options:
2.) Swipe gestures
Aside from this, you can also change the icons, layout, and background color of the navigation buttons in addition to height through the Good Lock module NavStar.
Here’s how to adjust height of navigation bar of your Samsung device
3 Accessibility features you should try on your Samsung One UI 5.1 device
Samsung enhances its technology day by day and One UI 5.1 seems to be a fantastic upgrade over its predecessors that brought many new improvements and features to the existing user interface. Apart from the many new features of One UI 5.1, you can also check here 3 amazing accessibility functions of Samsung smartphones that give you the next-level experience.
In the accessibility section of your smartphone, you can find some of the most innovative features of your Galaxy smartphone. The functions of accessibility are more useful for the person who is managing a disability as it helps to supercharge your Galaxy device.
3 Samsung One UI 5.1 Accessibility Features
1.) Flash notification
Flash the camera light or the screen when you receive a notification, call, or when an alarm sound. To turn on this function, you just need to visit Settings >> Scroll down and press Accessibility >> Tap on Advanced Settings >> Flash notification. Now, you can see two options:
- Camera flash notification
- Screen flash notification
You can turn on the function by tapping on the toggle.
2.) Left/Right Sound Balance
Samsung provides a separate option for adjusting the sound of the phone’s speaker and any other connected devices like earbuds, Bluetooth headsets, and more. It is a very helpful feature for those users who use it, however, the feature is not applicable for calls.
You can easily use this feature by following a few easy steps. Open Settings >> Click Accessibility option >> Tap on the Hearing enhancements option. Now, you can find the Left/right sound balance option, which includes the following two sliders.
- Connected device
- Phone Audio
You can adjust them by sliding left or right as you feel convenient.
3.) Accessibility button/gesture
You can add Accessibility floating buttons to easily access several functions of the Accessibility section. Also, you can change its size and transparency accordingly.
To add the Accessibility button, you just need to open Settings >> Accessibility >> Advanced Settings>> Accessibility button/gesture >> Select actions, and it is done.
One UI 6.0
Samsung’s One UI 6.0 will release later this year, while the Beta program could start by July 2023. Despite a long gap in the timeframe, Samsung silently released support for One UI 6 software to the stock apps for some users.
Here’s how Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro can boost your mental health