Samsung Galaxy Buds are designed to fulfill the needs of users who want to enjoy listening to music, watch videos, or make phone calls for a long duration. These earbuds offer a truly immersive audio experience.
To maintain its stability and performance its requirement is keeping up with the latest updates on your earbuds which brings new connectivity features. This allows the user to go completely wireless and take their listening more easily than before.
And it is easy when you install Galaxy Buds Manager or Gear IconX Manager on your device. Either, you can use the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone or tablet to not only pair and control your earbuds but also check for software updates for them. That way, you can ensure they stay current and you’ll get to enjoy all of your favorite music.
THE GUIDE BELOW INCLUDES:
- Software updating tips
- Software updates with the Galaxy Wearable app
- Software updates on a PC
Software updating tips
To ensure your software updates run smoothly, there are a few things you can do on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- First, connect your Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Buds Live, or Gear IconX earbuds to the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone or tablet, or on the PC manager software in order to check for updates.
- The Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live can be updated on iPhones using the Galaxy Buds app. Open the app, select your Galaxy Buds+, and then tap Earbuds software update.
- To see what’s included in the update before installing it, you can tap ‘What’s new’ under the app in the Play Store, so you’ll know exactly what is being changed.
- Once the software updates have been installed, you can use a single earbud with your device.
- If you’re experiencing issues while updating your earbuds, you can restart them by placing them in the charging case and closing the lid for 10 seconds.
Software updates with the Galaxy Wearable app
When a software update is available for the earbuds, the Galaxy Wearable app will notify you with a popup. Tap Update, tap INSTALL NOW and then follow the prompts. The earbuds will disconnect from the phone. Once the update is complete, the earbuds will automatically reconnect with the phone.
To manually check for software updates, both earbuds must be charged and connected to the app. Insert the earbuds into the charging case, leaving the lid open.
From there, use the appropriate steps based on the type of earbuds you have:
- Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds+, and Galaxy Buds Live: Tap Update earbuds software, and then tap Download and install.
- Gear IconX: Tap the Settings tab, and then tap About Gear. Tap Update Gear software, and then tap Download updates manually.
Software updates on a PC
You can also update your earbuds using the Galaxy Buds Manager or Gear IconX Manager on your PC.
- From your computer, whether it’s a Mac or Windows, navigate to Samsung Support for the Galaxy Buds, Galaxy Buds Live, or Gear IconX using your browser.
- Under Software, click See More, and then download the appropriate program for your computer.
- Once the download is complete, run the file, and then use the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Next, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on both the computer and buds and then open the appropriate earbuds app on the computer.
- Place the buds in the case if they aren’t already, and close the lid. If you’re using Galaxy Buds, open the case to put them in pairing mode.
- On the computer, click Connect in the app. Once the earbuds are paired, click Check for updates. If an update is available, you can install it from here.