Google announced a big firmware update on the Wear OS 3.5 platform as part of its March 2023 Feature Drop. The Pixel Watch is getting benefited directly, and we hope, Samsung will also bring crucial bells and whistles to the Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 series running Wear OS 3.5.
According to Google, the Pixel Watch’s March 2023 software update includes numerous bug fixes and improvements for users. However, the changelog lists various a handful of new features, and improvements for a better user experience on Wear OS 3.5 devices.
The March update brings new Watch Faces to the Wear OS 3.5. On the Pixel Watch, the new Digital Clock is available with a button press when the smartwatch is powered down. The time will now appear upon crown push, along with the red low battery indicator.
In addition to Pixel Watch-specific content, the March 2023 update changelog mentions crucial improvements for Wear OS 3.5. That said, Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Watch 5 users may also get crucial improvements and optimization, thanks to the Wear OS 3.5 platform.
Samsung’s Galaxy Watch 4 and 5 lineups run Wear OS 3.5-based One UI Watch 4.5 operating system. The company rolls out Galaxy-exclusive firmware updates and features to consumers, and we expect a big yet feature-rich update in the coming weeks.
Wear OS 3.5 March update changelog
- Watch Faces
- Digital Clock is now available with button press when the device is powered down. The time will now appear upon crown push, alongside the red low battery indicator.
- In addition to tap, tilt, button press to wake the watch, you can now rotate the Crown to wake.
- Optimizations have been added to improve sensitivity of touch screen behavior.
- Battery saver enable/disable single tap support in QSS has been fully enabled in this release.
- In the coming weeks, a fix will be rolled out via PlayStore to update the Clock app that addresses some alarms which have been having a delayed or false start.
- Ensure Auto-update apps is selected in Play Store > Settings on your watch and you will get this update once it’s available when your watch is on charger and connected to Wi-Fi.
As highlighted in the Google Pixel March Feature Drop post, these features are now also available with this software update:
- Mono-audio which limits the disorientation of split-audio
- New color-correction and greyscale modes that better optimize the display for a wider range of vision preferences.
- Fall Detection
- Your Pixel Watch now has fall detection which can detect if you’ve taken a hard fall and connect you to emergency services. Once connected to emergency services, your Pixel Watch will play an automated message to request help to wherever you are.
- Device Applicability
- Updates are available for all supported Pixel Watch devices.
Samsung Galaxy Fit 3 marketing material leaked, launch seems imminent
Tech enthusiasts and Galaxy Fans are eagerly waiting for the launch of Samsung’s new smartband, while the marketing material of Galaxy Fit 3 has also been leaked, hinting at its imminent arrival. Let’s dive into the details and check what this new promo reveals.
The marketing material got leaked through TheTechOutlook and shows detailed specifications and design of the Galaxy Fit 3. However, the exact launch date and price of this upcoming fitness band is still a secret, but we can expect Samsung to reveal information about it soon.
By looking at the image we found that Galaxy Fit 3 has a rectangular dial featuring an aluminum unibody with a physical button on the right side. It will have a 1.6-inch AMOLED display bearing a resolution of 256 x 402 pixels.
The screen will be layered with 2.5D glass and the smartband is IP68-certified dust and water-resistant up to 5ATM. The fitness tracker will be available in Grey, Silver, and Pink Gold color options, and offer a wide range of watch faces, which will cater to a diverse range of consumers.
It packs comprehensive health and fitness features like a heart-rate monitor, SpO2 sensor, stress tracker, step counter, support for 101 workout modes, and the ability to track 6 modes automatically. The band also includes a menstrual cycle tracker for women.
Other than this, blood oxygen, sleep coaching, fall detection, emergency SOS, quick response, find my phone, and media control are also available on Galaxy Fit 3 wearable devices. Lastly, it is packed with 208mAh battery that is claimed to last 13 days on a single charge.
Samsung could launch Galaxy Ring alongside Galaxy Z Flip 6, Fold 6 in July 2024
On January 17, 2024, Samsung officially teased the presence of its first wearable device that can be worn on the fingers. Since then, users have been waiting for the arrival of this eminent fitness tracking gadget, while, a new report suggests Samsung could launch Galaxy Ring in July 2024.
As per the input, Samsung Electronics is reportedly planning to unveil the Galaxy Ring at an unpacked event in the second half of July 2024. This means the upcoming wearable could share a stage with Galaxy Z Fold 6 and Galaxy Z Flip 6 foldable smartphones.
Moving on, the wearable device is predicted to be released in approximately eight different sizes and is currently in the prototype production stage. However, it is scheduled to begin full-scale mass production in the second quarter.
Furthermore, the Galaxy Ring is expected to be equipped with blood flow measurement and electrocardiogram functions to track and measure health and sleep-related information. In addition, it will also support remote control of other devices and wireless payments.
Samsung Electronics President Roh Tae-moon said,
- “We decided to launch the ring because we believe it is essential to complete digital health in a form factor that can be conveniently worn for a long time.”
New Galaxy AI features come to Samsung Buds 2 Pro, Buds 2 and Buds FE
Both features are currently compatible only with the Galaxy S24 series, which was launched earlier this year with a range of AI-enhanced capabilities. Samsung said it plans to expand the compatibility to other devices in the future.
Users can check their Galaxy Wearable app for the latest update of Galaxy Buds and install it to enjoy the new features.
Galaxy AI Features for Samsung Galaxy Buds
Live Translate allows users to translate speech and text in real-time using their Galaxy S24 smartphones and Galaxy Buds. The translation will be displayed on the screen and spoken through the earbuds. Live Translate supports several languages and requires a network connection and a Samsung account login.
Interpreter is a feature that enables users to have conversations in different languages without using their phones. Users can select their preferred language on the Galaxy Wearable app and then speak through their Galaxy Buds. The earbuds will translate and speak the output in the other person’s language.