Samsung One UI January 2023 Devices – Monthly and Quarterly [List]
New year, new month, and new security patch! Samsung already started releasing the January 2023 security patch this new year, and the Galaxy Note 10 is the first to receive it. Now like every month, Samsung has officially published the revised list of monthly and quarterly plans for Galaxy devices along with the security patch details for the month of January 2023.
Follow Sammy Fans on Google News
In the security update plan, the company adds new devices every month, while some devices are demoted and some are removed. According to the official information, Samsung’s January 2023 plan ensures Monthly Security updates for 38 Galaxy devices, Quarterly Security Updates for 65 devices, and Biannual Security Updates for 52 devices.
Samsung released an Android 13-based One UI 5.0 update to a bunch of Galaxy devices and will release this major update to the remaining devices soon. In addition to this, the company has reportedly begun testing One UI 5.1 firmware on Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy S22 Ultra.
Let’s see the updated Samsung Monthly and Quarterly Plan for January 2023.
Samsung Monthly Updates Devices
- Galaxy Z Fold2, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Galaxy Z Fold3 5G, Galaxy Z Fold4, Galaxy Z Flip, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip3 5G, Galaxy Z Flip4, W23, W23 flip
- Galaxy S10 Lite
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+, Galaxy S20+ 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 FE 5G, Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22+, Galaxy S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Note10 Lite, Galaxy Note20, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A52, Galaxy A52 5G, Galaxy A52s 5G, Galaxy A53 5G, Galaxy Xcover Pro, Galaxy Xcover5, Galaxy Xcover6 Pro
Samsung Quarterly Updates Devices
- Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 5G
- Galaxy Note10, Galaxy Note10 5G, Galaxy Note10+, Galaxy Note10+ 5G
- Galaxy A40
- Galaxy A02, Galaxy A22, Galaxy A22e 5G, Galaxy A22 5G, Galaxy A32, Galaxy A32 5G, Galaxy A72, Galaxy A82 5G
- Galaxy A03, Galaxy A03s, Galaxy A03 core, Galaxy A13, Galaxy A13 5G, Galaxy A23, Galaxy A23 5G, Galaxy A33 5G, Galaxy A73 5G
- Galaxy A04, Galaxy A04s, Galaxy A04e
- Galaxy M21 2021, Galaxy M12, Galaxy M22, Galaxy M32, Galaxy M32 5G, Galaxy M42 5G, Galaxy M52 5G, Galaxy M62, Galaxy M13, Galaxy M23 5G, Galaxy M33 5G, Galaxy M53 5G, Galaxy M04
- Galaxy F12, Galaxy F22, Galaxy F42 5G, Galaxy F52 5G, Galaxy F62, Galaxy F13
- Galaxy Tab A7 Lite, Galaxy Tab A8, Galaxy Tab Active Pro, Galaxy Tab Active3, Galaxy Tab Active4 Pro
- Galaxy Tab S6 Lite, Galaxy Tab S7, Galaxy Tab S7 FE, Galaxy Tab S8, Galaxy Tab S8+, Galaxy Tab S8 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Fold 5G, W22 5G
- Enterprise Models: Galaxy A50, Galaxy XCover4s, Galaxy Xcover FieldPro
Samsung Biannual Updates Devices
- Galaxy A8s
- Galaxy A10, Galaxy A10e, Galaxy A10s, Galaxy A20, Galaxy A20e, Galaxy A20s, Galaxy A30, Galaxy A30s, Galaxy A50s, Galaxy A60, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A70s, Galaxy A80, Galaxy A90 5G
- Galaxy A01, Galaxy A01 Core, Galaxy A11, Galaxy A21, Galaxy A21s, Galaxy A31, Galaxy A41, Galaxy A51, Galaxy A51 5G, Galaxy A71, Galaxy A71 5G
- Galaxy A02s, Galaxy A12, Galaxy A42 5G
- Galaxy M10, Galaxy M10s, Galaxy M20, Galaxy M30, Galaxy M30s, Galaxy M40, Galaxy M01, Galaxy M11, Galaxy M21, Galaxy M31, Galaxy M31s, Galaxy M51
- Galaxy Tab A 8 (2019), Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2019), Galaxy Tab A with S pen, Galaxy Tab A 8.4 (2020), Galaxy Tab A7
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Galaxy Tab S6, Galaxy Tab S6 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+
- W20 5G, W21 5G
Wearables Eligible for Security Updates
- Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch4 Classic
- Galaxy Watch5, Galaxy Watch5 Pro
March 2023 security update makes its way to Samsung Galaxy M42 5G
Samsung is rolling out a new firmware update for the Galaxy M42 5G devices, which installs the March 2023 security patch. The users of Galaxy M42 5G smartphone can identify the update through build version M426BXXU4DWC1 in India.
The Korean tech giant is gradually rolling out the March 2023 security update for the Galaxy M42 5G smartphones, more models will catch it up soon. The devices have already received the Android 13-based One UI 5.1 update, so if you haven’t installed the update, install it now or else you might miss March 2023 update this time.
March 2023 update for Samsung Galaxy M42 5G installs the latest Android patch released to fix security-related issues to make it more secure. Also, the company upgrades some functions and optimizes stability to provide a bug-free experience.
March 2023 security patch fixes a bunch of common vulnerability exposures related to Calls, Samsung Keyboard, System UI, Galaxy Themes, Bluetooth, and more.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
In addition, several stocks apps including Samsung Notes Add-ons, Galaxy Wearable, Global Goals, Samsung Kids, Notes, Health, Internet, Calculator, Smart Switch, Wallet, Members, SmartThings, and Voice Recorder will be updated to the latest version after the software update.
Samsung Galaxy M42 5G March 2023 update #Samsung #GalaxyM42 pic.twitter.com/jUppwSBxOY
— Samsung Software Updates (@SamsungSWUpdate) March 24, 2023
How to update?
Samsung consumers can check new software updates manually with a handful of simple steps. Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s “System Settings,” once done, scroll down and tap the “Software update” tab, followed by the “Download and install” button.
Samsung is baking big camera firmware for the Galaxy S23 series?
Samsung is about to release a new firmware update for the Galaxy S23 series, which might bring major camera improvements. As usual, the company is testing new firmware builds on the Galaxy S23 devices before rollout to the Public via OTA.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
Ahead of the release, a reliable source revealed that Samsung is preparing a big camera firmware for the Galaxy S23 series. Earlier, the same source claimed that the company may release a camera optimization update to its latest flagships in late March.
CheckFirm detected the latest test build for the Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphone, which bears PDA versions S918NKSU1AWC6 for South Korea and S918BXXU1AWC6 for India. Since the Korean builds appear to be a regular security update, the Indian build may be just the opposite.
Judging from the test build number, the Galaxy S23 series’ next global firmware may not only bring a security patch. As the bootloader alphabet has changed to U for Indian build, the next update is most likely to include under-the-hood changes such as rumored camera improvements.
Apart from the claims of the tipster, there’s no info available regarding Samsung’s next OTA for the Galaxy S23 series. As consumers continue to share their feedback and complain about emerging issues with camera performance and some others, the company will surely apply them in its future moves.
Galaxy S23 Series
Back in February, Samsung launched the Galaxy S23 series with Android 13-based One UI 5.1 software pre-installed. The devices bring improved camera capabilities such as better nightography and algorithm changes to deliver an enhanced photography experience.
The Galaxy S23 Ultra is the first Samsung phone, which is equipped with a monstrous 200-megapixel main camera. This sensor is capable of capturing photos in three different resolutions including a trimmed down 12-megapixel, a balanced 50-megapixel shot along with the full 200-megapixel resolution.
March 2023 security update reaches Samsung Galaxy A52 in the US
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G has started getting the March 2023 security update in the US. Users in several countries in Europe and Asia are already enjoying this update, and the company has started rolling it out for the carrier-locked version in the US as well.
March 2023 security patch brings fixes for over 50 vulnerabilities, which includes 5 Critical level CVEs and 5 High-level CVEs. It also includes 23 SVE (Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures). With both CVE and SVE items, the company ensures the best possible security on Galaxy devices.
The carrier-locked version of Samsung Galaxy A52 5G is getting March 2023 update in the US with firmware version A526USQS7EWC1. The company will soon expand this update to unlocked variants.
This is an incremental update so it does not contain any new features or changes other than security maintenance. If you haven’t received a notification of the update, then you can check it via your device Settings >> Software Update >> Download and install option.
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G smartphone is designed in the year 2021 to provide more people access to Samsung Electronics’ powerful innovations. It features a 6.5-inch FHD+ 90Hz Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a versatile quad camera with 64MP high resolution, a 4500mAh battery, an Octa-core processor, and more.