Samsung Galaxy S20 getting October 2022 security update in the US [Unlocked]
November 01: Carrier-unlocked…
Samsung pushed October 2022 security update for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphones in the US. After Verizon and T-Mobile, the carrier-unlocked units of the Galaxy S20 series have also started to get the newer security patches.
Join Sammy Fans on Telegram
- S20 – G981U1UES3FVI6
- S20 Plus – G986U1UES3FVI6
- S20 Ultra – G988U1UES3FVI6
What is new?
- The current software update provides the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
How to update:
From the Home screen, touch and swipe up or down to display all apps, tap Settings > System updates > Check for system updates. If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
October 21: T-Mobile and Verizon…
Samsung’s October 2022 update has already been deployed on several Galaxy devices, and it’s now rolling out for the Galaxy S20 series smartphone users on the Verizon network in the US.
Follow Sammy Fans on Google News
According to Verizon, Samsung’s October 2022 security update is now available to download and install on the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphones in the US.
The OTA brings system security improvements by installing the most up-to-date Android patches. The international units of S20 have already grabbed October patch, while network bounded models require carrier verification.
You can identify the October 2022 patch on your Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20 Plus, or Galaxy S20 Ultra through build version G981USQS3FVI7, G986USQS3FVI7, or G988USQS3FVI7, respectively.
Update: T-Mobile too
T-Mobile is also rolling out the October 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20 trio with a new firmware update in the US. The update versions for the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and S20 Ultra smartphones are as follows:
One UI 5
The South Korean tech giant has also started the Android 13-based One UI 5 Beta Program for the Galaxy S20 series. These flagships will have their last major upgrade in the form of One UI 5.0, which could release later this year.
Samsung’s new One UI 5.0 operating system for Galaxy devices brings major improvements alongside new features. There’s a lot to explore about the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 for Galaxy devices, check here:
Samsung One UI May 2023 Updates List
Samsung is rolling out the May 2023 security updates to Galaxy devices. May is a hot month for the tech industry and enthusiasts as Google is sharing the details and arrival of Android 14 at I/O 2023, introducing new Pixel Fold and Pixel 7a smartphones.
This page helps you get the latest insights about Samsung’s updates that are releasing in May 2023, as well as developments in Android, One UI, and Wear OS worlds. This time, we’ve also mentioned patch details for Android, One UI, and Wear OS, which April 2023 Updates List lacks.
May 2023 Patch – One UI / Android
Samsung detailed the contents of its May 2023 security maintenance release, which mentions fixes for 21 Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures (SVE) items alongside over 58 common vulnerability exposures for the Android OS by Google.
Android CVEs and Patch
Samsung’s May 2023 includes Android CVE items discovered and patched by Google. Per the details, it solves 4 critical, 48 high, and 3 moderate levels of common vulnerability exposures, however, you can check Pixel May update changelog below.
- Touch: Improvements for touch screen response in certain conditions [only for Pixel 7 Pro]
- User Interface: Fix for issue occasionally causing lock screen UI elements to overlap with the home screen launcher interface
Wear OS 3.5 Patch
In addition to Pixel phones, Google delivered the Wear OS 3.5 May 2023 patch to Pixel Watch as well. This update should be rolled out for Galaxy Watch models too running the Wear OS. We’ve listed what’s new with Wear OS 3.5’s May 2023 patch below.
- The May 2023 software update includes the latest security patches for Pixel Watch users.
- Device Applicability
- Updates are available for all supported Pixel Watch devices.
- Device Applicability
Samsung May 2023 Updates – Recent Entries
May 27, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy A20s, A53 and A73 are receiving the May 2023 Android patches.
May 26, 2023:
- The Galaxy A33, A02 and A34 5G also updated to the latest One UI patches released in May 2023.
May 25, 2023:
- The Galaxy A42 5G and M31 have started to receive the May 2023 security update.
May 23, 2023:
- The Galaxy A21s installs the May 2023 security patch.
May 21, 2023:
- Verizon releases May 2023 update to Samsung Galaxy S23, S22, S21, S20, Z Flip 3 and Fold 3/2
May 20, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy A14 5G gets May 2023 security update
May 19, 2023:
- New Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite update installs May 2023 security patch
May 18, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy M52 May 2023 update starts rolling out
- Samsung Galaxy A22 5G grabs May 2023 security update
May 17, 2023:
- May 2023 security update reaches Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite now getting May 2023 security update
May 16, 2023:
- Samsung Galaxy M51 gets new update in May 2023
May 13, 2023:
- Samsung released the May 2023 patches for the Galaxy S20 FE 5G and Galaxy A52s smartphone users.
May 12, 2023:
- Verizon starts rolling out May OTA to the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus in the United States.
May 11, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy Tab S7 series also join the latest Galaxy Tab S8 series with May 2023 patches.
May 10, 2023:
- The Galaxy S21 series begins grabbing the latest Android patches, while the Galaxy A54 getting it with Image Clipper.
May 9, 2023:
- The Galaxy A13 and Galaxy A53 receiving the May software update with latest Android patches.
May 8, 2023:
- Galaxy S21 FE grabs the May 2023 firmware alongside the Galaxy A73 smartphone.
May 7, 2023:
- Verizon updated its Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 with latest May patches.
May 6, 2023:
- Galaxy Note 20 series and Galaxy S22 series begin to get the most up-to-date Android patches.
May 5, 2023:
- May patches now available for the 2nd-gen Galaxy Fold and Z Flip 3.
May 4, 2023:
- Samsung updated Galaxy Tab S8 series, A52, A52 5G and A33 with the latest Android patches.
May 3, 2023:
- The Galaxy A23 smartphone gets May 2023 Android patches today.
- Samsung’s May update expanded to Galaxy S23 in India and the US.
May 2, 2023:
- Samsung’s Galaxy S23 lineup starts grabbing the May 2023 One UI patch in various countries.
April 29, 2023:
- 2019’s Galaxy A10e smartphone received the May 2023 security patch in South Korea.
More Samsung Galaxy A73 users getting major May 2023 update
Samsung Galaxy A73 smartphone recently started receiving a massive size May 2023 security patch and the company is now expanding this update in more markets. This latest update enhances the security of the device by installing the latest Android patch.
The South Korean tech giant recently released the latest software update for Galaxy A73 models in India and now making it available in Southeast Asian countries including Vietnam.
May 2023 security update for Samsung Galaxy A73 smartphone comes with One UI build version A736BXXU3CWD4 and users will have to download a 649.92 MB package to install the update.
The latest security patch details mention fixes for over 70 vulnerabilities in order to optimize the security of your phone in the patch details. Aside from these minor improvements, the update also adds the Image Clipper feature to the Gallery app and improves camera functions.
In addition, several Galaxy apps including Galaxy Wearable, Samsung Notes, Internet, Health, SmartThings, Members, Wallet, Calculator, Smart Switch, and Voice Recorder to be updated to the latest version after the new software.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
In case you haven’t received any update notification, you can go to the Software update section through your phone’s Settings. Now when you tap on the Download and install option, you will see the latest update available for your phone.
Samsung Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s get new update in May 2023
Samsung has started releasing a new update for Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s smartphones. The latest update installs an Android security patch to improve system security and stability.
The fresh update for Samsung Galaxy F22 and Galaxy M30s brings April 2023 security patch to enhance system security by fixing several issues. The new update is currently rolling out in India.
For the Galaxy M30s smartphone, the update comes with version M307FXXS4CWC2 and an installation package size of 150.59 MB. While Samsung Galaxy F22 is getting this update with PDA version E225FXXS6DEW1 and it is expected to add an Image clipper feature to the gallery app.
April 2023 security patch
According to the official details, the April 2023 security update fixes a number of CVEs along with flaws related to One UI’s Smart Suggestions function and Exynos modem (which was earlier discovered by Google’s Project Zero team).
April patch includes fixes for SVE-2022-3004 (CVE-2023-21473), SVE-2022-3001 (CVE-2023-21472) and SVE-2022-2755 (CVE-2023-21467). These vulnerabilities may have affected your device, letting a physical attacker execute arbitrary code in the bootloader.
Follow our socials → Google News, Telegram, Twitter, Facebook
How to update software?
Firstly, visit your Galaxy device’s System Settings, once done, scroll down and tap the Software update tab, followed by the Download and install button. If you have received the update on your device then install it now to get error free experience.