One UI 4.1.1 update for Galaxy Z Flip 3 comes with a Cover screen’s new functionalities and advanced Quick Shot features to enhance the experience. In addition to this, the update also installs an August 2022 security patch to improve system security and stability.
Galaxy Z Flip 3 users can manually install this major One UI 4.1.1 update via visiting their smartphone Settings >> Software Update >> Download and Install. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to update the latest version.
This software update brings the latest One UI 4.1.1, with new productivity and camera features and enhancements. The latest Android security patch and performance improvements are also included in this update.
- An upgrade to Quick Shot on the Galaxy Z Flip series now lets you see the preview and take photos in their true ratio on the Cover Screen while allowing you to access Portrait Mode to make every moment photogenic.
- You can also switch seamlessly from Quick Shot to Flex mode while taking photos or recording video, letting you switch between angles without interrupting your shot for a truly hands-free experience.
- One UI 4.1.1 brings all new functionalities to the Cover Screen on the Galaxy Z Flip series, letting you do more than ever without opening your phone.
- Make calls to your favorite contacts, dial back missed calls and even reply to texts with voice-to-text and emojis right from the Cover Screen. And you can now take more control over your device with additional Quick Setting options, including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplane mode and flashlight.
- You can now add pairs or groups of apps to the Taskbar, allowing you to access your favorite app pairs all at once.
September 5, 2022
After Galaxy Z Fold 3, Samsung has started releasing a new update with One UI 4.1.1 for Galaxy Z Flip 3 users in South Korea. This major update brings a bundle of new features and improvements as well as installs an August 2022 security patch to enhance system security and stability.
Identified via One UI build version F711NKSU2DVH9, the latest update comes with the installation package size of 1396.18MB. The update is currently rolling out for South Korean consumers and will expand to more Galaxy Z Flip 3 users in a few hours/days.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 One UI 4.1.1 – South Korea pic.twitter.com/2jNlyHomvA
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 5, 2022
One UI 4.1.1 update for Galaxy Z Flip 3 comes with several functions support for the cover screen, which allows users to easily perform various tasks without opening their phone every time. Now, you can send emojis message replies, check your monthly calendar, set up connectivities (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, flight mode, and Flashlight), add contacts using speed dial widgets, SmartThings mode, and much more.
This major update added new watch styles, create video wallpaper, colorful cover screen themes, easily extract and scan text, simplified caller identification, edited wallpapers for the lock screen, and more.
In addition to this, the update also upgrades 12 stock applications in order to enhance the overall device performance. The stocks apps include Samsung Wearable, Notes, Internet, Health, SmartThings, Galaxy Shop, Members, Pay, TV Plus, Calculator, Smart Switch and Voice recorder.
One UI 4.1.1 Upgrade
Do more without opening your phone, more easily
- Frequently used functions, easy opening from the cover screen Easily perform various tasks on the cover screen without having to open your phone every time. Portrait mode lets you take great selfies, check your monthly calendar, and instantly set up key features like Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, flight mode and a flashlight.
- Message replies can also send emojis from the cover screen on the cover screen or enter text by voice.
- Add your favorite contacts to the cover screen and use the speed dial widget to add a contact to the cover screen and place a direct call with one tap.
SmartThings mode made easy
- SmartThings mode can be easily controlled via the cover screen widget. Now turn on/off various devices such as air conditioners and smart lights at once on the cover screen.
- Unlock by biometric authentication from the cover screen You can unlock your phone by face or fingerprint recognition without opening your phone and perform functions such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth from the cover screen.
Decorate the cover screen to suit your taste
Added new watch styles
- A new watch design has been added to the cover screen. Choose a style that suits you.
Create your own video wallpaper
- Make your favorite video a moving wallpaper and use it on your cover screen.
- Colorful Cover Screen Themes Customize your cover screen to fit your phone. You can personalize your cover screen with themes downloaded from the Galaxy Store. (Except for some themes)
Take better selfies on your cover screen
- The selfie ratio of the main screen can be used on the cover screen as well as the selfie ratio of the main screen on the cover screen. Now take great selfies in your desired proportions even on the cover screen.
Improved Cover Screen Preview
- You can view the entire photo in its original proportions on the cover screen, or enlarge the photo to fit the screen. Double-tap the screen to switch previews and easily view photos.
- Even if you open your phone, you can take a selfie with the cover screen Even if you open the phone from a closed state to a certain angle, the cover screen remains uninterrupted.
Touchpad improvements in flex mode
Touchpad operation like a PC
- With your phone folded, you can control the Flex Mode panel like a PC.
Easily extract and scan text
Extract images or text from the screen
- You can extract the text using a Samsung keyboard, internet, gallery app, or extract text from screenshots. Easily extract and paste text into messages, emails, or documents without having to type in the text. This function supports Korean, English, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Chinese. Handwriting in Chinese is not supported.
- Get useful feature recommendations based on the text content of the image You can get useful feature recommendations related to text content from apps such as Gallery and Camera. When you select a phone number or website address from the image, you’ll see a button where you can make a call or a link to the website.
New currency options available
- Answer a call that is difficult to answer right away by text If it is difficult to answer the call, the answer I typed or selected is read for you.
Simplified caller identification
- By setting the desired call background for each contact, you can check who the caller is at a glance when a call comes in.
Additional feature improvements
- Easily switch between split screen and pop-up screen by swiping the screen You can switch to split screen by swiping the bottom of the full screen with two fingers, or switch to the pop-up screen by swiping one corner of the top of the full screen to the center with one finger. Easily switch screens in a way that’s convenient for you. This feature can be turned on or off in settings.
- Quickly open split screen from recent apps screen You can open apps directly from the recent apps screen by dragging them above or below the desired screen. If you hold your phone horizontally, drag the app to the side.
- More powerful Search My Files function Choose whether to search all files or just the current folder. You can search only the file name, or you can also search for information within the file, such as specific words in the document, or location information of an image. Once your search is complete, sort the results by name, date, size, or file type for easy viewing.
- Show app name in Apps edge panel If you turn on Show app name option, the name will be displayed under the app icon.
Edit wallpaper collection for lock screen
- You can select an image to use as your lock screen wallpaper and add or delete it whenever you want.
Android 12L/One UI 4.1.1 starts releasing for Galaxy Z Fold 3 – US [Carrier-locked]
[Sep. 19] Update – the US (carrier locked)
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 foldable phone users are now receiving the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update in the US. I can be identified through PDA version number – F926USQS2DVHE and includes the latest September 2022 security patch as well.
To install the update, visit the Settings of your phone followed by a Software update and Download and install options. Finally, hit on Download button >> Install now/Schedule install >> Restart.
[Sep. 15] Update – India
10 days after the initial rollout, Samsung has expanded the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 foldable smartphones in India. It comes with the August 2022 security patch and brings additional new features ahead of the major Android 13-based One UI 5.0 upgrade.
One UI 4.1.1 Features
As announced, the South Korean tech giant is bringing the Android 12L Taskbar to the Galaxy Z Fold 3, which takes the multitasking experience to a whole new level. Taskbar is a new feature that lets Galaxy fans switch between apps seamlessly as it provides you with a PC-like experience.
Aside from this, the One UI 4.1.1 brings Galaxy Z Fold 4’s Apps pair feature, which allows you to create a pair of apps opened in multi-window and save it to the Taskbar UI. Once done, you can reopen the same multitasking window with apps with just a single tap.
One UI 4.1.1 activates Dual Preview so you and your subject can see the shot at the same time before it’s captured by displaying the image both on the Main and Cover Screen. Now, you can take high-resolution selfies with the main camera using Rear Cam Selfie with full control of the camera right on the Cover Screen.
[Sep. 5] Original Articles…
Recently, Samsung announced that it’s bringing the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update to older Galaxy foldable devices with new features from the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4. Now, Samsung started to release the One UI 4.1.1 update based on Android 12L to the Galaxy Z Fold 3 smartphones in South Korea.
Initially, the One UI 4.1.1 update rollout is happening for the Galaxy Z Fold 3’s Korean consumers, which is likely to expand in the coming hours/days. The major software update comes with plenty of new features and optimizations so you can take the most of your smartphone.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsonUpdate) September 5, 2022
With One UI 4.1.1, Galaxy Z Fold 3 users can adjust main and cover screen’s refresh rate separately
Recently, Samsung started rolling out the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 smartphone users. It’s an incremental feature drop update, which brings additional new features and optimizations for large-screen devices.
The Galaxy Z Fold 3 smartphone has two displays – the cover screen (folded) and the main screen (unfolded). The Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update brings a new feature for the Galaxy Z Fold 3, which provides you with even more control over the refresh rate of both screens.
As mentioned in the update changelog, the One UI 4.1.1 update enhances the functionality of the refresh rate control menu, enabling the adjustment of the refresh rate of both displays separately. The settings can be found at the same place where it was on the One UI 4.1, however, the same refresh rate won’t be applied on both panels automatically.
The motion smoothness options section now shows that the refresh rate settings will be applied on the cover screen, if your Galaxy Z Fold 3 is in folded condition. On the other hand, you will be needing to unfold it if you are needing to alter the refresh rate of the main screen.
Most of the time, we use the Galaxy Z Fold 3 from the cover screen and unfold it while watching movies or playing games. Using this feature, the Galaxy Z Fold 3 users can save the battery life of their foldable phone by picking different refresh rates for both screens separately.
Before upgrading to One UI 4.1.1, there were no separate refresh rate settings on the Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Samsung Android 12L/One UI 4.1.1 now available for Galaxy Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite [U]
Android 12L brings major optimization and new features, especially for foldable and large-screen devices. So far, Samsung released the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy Tab S8 and Tab S7 series devices, which is now rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S6.
- Update, Sep 14: The Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is also receiving the One UI 4.1.1 update based on Samsung’s Android 12L in France. The new firmware P615XXU4EVI1 brings the latest September 2022 security patch as well, in order to increase the system’s security and stability.
The major One UI 4.1.1 update is initially rolling out for the Galaxy Tab S6 LTE in Germany and bears version number – T865XXU5DVH2. Shortly after the initial rollout, Samsung will expand this firmware’s availability to more regions and countries.
In addition to new features inspired by Android 12L, the One UI 4.1.1 update brings the August 2022 security patch and new versions for a handful of stock apps including Samsung Kids, PENUP, Samsung Internet, SmartThings, Samsung Flow, Samsung Members, and Smart Switch.
One UI 4.1.1 – What’s New
The One UI 4.1.1, based on Android 12L, comes with a new Taskbar feature, which advances your multitasking experiences. It appears after opening any app at the bottom bar, similar to the PC, to let you seamlessly switch across apps with just a tap.
Moreover, you can also create app pairs and add them to the Taskbar, so you can directly access the pre-defined apps in multi-window mode – with just a click. In addition to this, the One UI 4.1.1 update enhances the functional usability of the Smart View function so you can access it easily.