Samsung has officially launched the new Galaxy XCover6 Pro rugged smartphone that is specially engineered to support today’s most demanding businesses. The device offers enhanced mobility with strong performance, end-to-end security, and ruggedized durability.
The South Korean tech giant crafted the Galaxy XCover6 Pro as a rugged Samsung smartphone that is durable like a tank. It offers a premium display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 4 generations of OS and One UI upgrades support, external microSD card support, and a lot more.
Galaxy XCover6 Pro Specifications
- 6.6-inch, 20:9, FHD+**, TFT, up to 120Hz**, Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®+, Touch Sensitivity
- One UI 4.1 based on Android 12
- 168.8 x 79.9 x 9.9mm (235g*)
- Rear 50MP F1.8, AF + 8MP F2.2, Ultra-Wide + Flash
- Front 13MP F2.2
Memory & Storage
- 6 + 128GB, microSD up to 1TB
- 6nm Octa-Core Processor
- User Replaceable 4,050mAh (typical)
- 5G, LTE, Wi-Fi 6E (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11mc), Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth® v5.2, NFC (eSE)
- Dual SIM or Single SIM
- SIM support type varies by market. Embedded SIM availability varies by market.
- Type-C USB 3.2, POGO Pin (charging only)
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Gyro, Light, Fingerprint, Proximity, Barometer
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, QZSS
- IP68, MIL-STD-810H Certified, Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus®+
- Dolby Atmos®
- 2 Microphones
- Samsung Knox
- Face Recognition, Fingerprint with Power Key (side key)
- Customization via XCover Key and Top Key
Things you should know
- 5G network connection available in select markets. Download and streaming speeds may vary based on market, carrier, content provider, server connection, and user environment. Check with your carrier for availability and details.
- Wi-Fi 6E network availability may vary by market, network provider, and user environment. Requires optimal connection. Will require a Wi-Fi 6E router.
- Extra replaceable battery sold separately. Only Samsung-certified products are compatible for use.
- POGO charger sold separately.
- Samsung DeX works with most apps. Some apps may require a separate license (purchased separately), or may be unavailable due to partner requests.
- Samsung DeX wired connection is available via HDMI compatible display. Wireless connection is available on Smart TVs that support Phone Screen mirroring only. For optimal experience, use Samsung Smart TVs launched in 2019 or later.
- MIL-STD-801H Certification: Altitude, Humidity, Immersion, Salt Fog, Dust, Vibration, Drop, etc. MIL-STD-810H is a standardized form of testing designed by the US Military to accurately assess device limitations.
- IP68 rating: Water resistant in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes and protected from dust, dirt, and sand. Rinse residue/dry after wet. Not advised for beach or pool use.
- Touch Sensitivity increases responsiveness for leather gloves thinner than 2mm or less in thickness, based on internal laboratory test results. The device can be used in wet environments, but not fully submerged under water. Underwater touch is not available. Touch-responsiveness may vary depending on the material and thickness of gloves as well as other environmental conditions.
- Availability and timing of Android OS upgrades and features may vary by market.
- Measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. The actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera hole.
- Screen refresh rate varies depending on the app used, and certain apps may not support up to 120Hz.
- Availability of One UI features, apps, and services may vary depending on the OS version and market.
- Programmable keys are available for select functions; certain apps may not be remapped.
- Knox Capture requires separate app installation and license purchase for use. Availability may vary by market and model. Barcode scanning may require app remapping to a programmable key to use the full feature.
- Push-to-talk may require app purchase for use. Push-to-talk may require app remapping to a programmable key to use the full feature.
- Enhanced speaker volume compared to Galaxy XCover Pro. Enhanced speaker volume support is only available for apps based on VoIP. To increase speaker volume, go to Settings – Sound & Vibration – Volume – Increase Speaker Volume for Voice Apps.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4: Top 7 striking features and One UI 4.1.1
Yeah, here are the top 7 striking features of the latest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 flagship! The company announced its latest flagship foldable on August 10, which brings lots of new features and abilities including Flex mode, hands-free video, better multitasking, S Pen support, a big screen, and loud sound.
Let’s have a look at the most 7 highlighting features of the Galaxy Z Fold 4:
1. Flex Mode:
First comes, the Flex Mode! This functionality frees up your hands on the Galaxy Z Fold 4 as this smartphone stands on its own so you can take notes during a conference call or follow along with instructional videos in real-time, hassle-free.
2. Hands Free Video:
The time of staying stuck to a smartphone has gone as the Galaxy Z Fold 4 now lets you check out to-dos while catching up with friends just with a quick setup in Flex Mode. Moreover, the Hands-free video chat allows you to multitask and move freely while staying in frame.
3. Multi View Window:
One UI 4.1.1‘s new Multi-View Window feature makes it possible to do easily with the Galaxy Z Fold 4. You can easily attend a virtual work meeting and capture important notes at the same time, or catch up on your favorite shows as you answer texts.
4. S Pen Ready:
Consumers can transform their Galaxy Z Fold 4 into a multifunctional device with S Pen. The stylus provides you with a pen-on-paper feeling, making it easy to take notes while attending virtual meetings, drag and drop content, and get more done.
5. Your Apps Your Way:
One UI 4.1.1 is impressively optimized for the big screen of the Galaxy Z Fold 4, thanks to Android 12L. Such a better-optimized system lets you customize how you see apps on the edge-to-edge screen and use multiple apps to their full potential by dragging and dropping content from one window to the other on the Fold 4.
6. Your Phone & Watch Work as one:
The Galaxy ecosystem is just wonderful. With the Galaxy Z Fold 4, you can unfold the possibilities by connecting a Galaxy Watch. Once connected, the Galaxy Watch will let you snap hands-free selfies with Flex Mode, and keep track of your day by easily switching between the Watch and phone.
7. BIG SCREEN, BIG SOUND:
In order to deliver an immersive audio experience with a big screen, the Galaxy Z Fold 4 has upgraded sound quality compared to its predecessor. Also, you can just slide your Galaxy Z Fold 4 into your pocket and keep listening with your Galaxy Buds, thanks to seamless connectivity across devices.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4 India pre-bookings exceed 50,000 units in 12 hours
On August 16, Samsung officially brought its two new foldable smartphones for pre-bookings in Indian markets. Despite the high cost, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 pre-bookings exceed 50000 units in India in just 12 hours.
India is one of the major smartphone markets for Samsung devices. Earlier this year, the Galaxy S22 Ultra received huge love from Indian customers and it looks like Galaxy fans are also getting attracted to the foldable phones.
On Wednesday, Raju Pullan – the Senior Vice President and Head of MX sales at Samsung India revealed the record figures of day 1 of the pre-bookings for Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Z Flip 4, saying that the pre-bookings have surpassed 50000 units in very less time.
Samsung India’s head further said that the company is targeting to sell 1.5 times more foldable phones this year and Samsung is confident of meeting their targets because the new foldable phones come with huge upgrades as compared to last year.
Equipped with Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 processor and flagship 50MP primary camera, Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 is a powerful laptop that you can carry in your pocket. Whereas, the Flex mode featured Galaxy Z Flip 4 is the ultimate device for young consumers who wants to express themselves on social media.
Galaxy Z Fold 4, Flip 4 price:
The Fold 4 is available in Gray-green, Beige, and Phantom Black colors in 12GB and 256GB/512GB/1TB storage variants. Its 12GB + 256GB variant is priced at INR 154,999, 12GB + 512GB costs INR 164,999, and the 12GB + 1TB model can be purchased at INR 184,999.
On the other hand, the company is offering Bora Purple, Graphite, and Pink Gold colors alongside various Bespoke Editions for the Flip 4 smartphone. It is available in 8GB and 128GB/256GB variants. It 8GB + 128GB is priced at INR 89,999 and the 8GB + 256GB costs INR 94,999 in the country.
Can I remove Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4’s screen protector
Compared to the last year’s Galaxy Z Flip 3, Samsung’s brand new Galaxy Z Flip 4 offers a more durable foldable display. Out of the box, both new foldables: Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Flip 4 come applied with a Samsung screen protector, however, there’s a question – whether we can remove the screen protector or not.
On the foldable screen of the Galaxy Z Flip 4, Samsung applied the screen protector as an extra layer of security to safeguard the device from unwanted scratches and so on. Galaxy foldables are equipped with Samsung’s cutting-edge ultra-thin glass technology, however, the screen protector keeps the layer secure all time.
One word answer for the post title is – Yes, you can remove the screen protector of the Galaxy Z Flip 4 smartphone, however, we recommend you not to pull it off. Compared to the regular glass panels, the foldable displays are not so strong and can be badly affected by minor scratches, accidental bumps and dust particles.
In the previous models, it was seriously recommended that users should not remove the screen protector of Samsung foldable phones. Meanwhile, the recent generation foldables have an unremovable screen protector, which can be removed by the user.
As per the info, some users found that the Galaxy Z Flip phone works well even without the pre-applied screen protector. Over time, the screen protector might start to peel off itself or could remove accidentally, however, it wouldn’t be good to remove it by yourself.
Screen protector apart, you can give additional durability to your Galaxy Z Flip 4 foldable smartphone by applying official cases or covers. In case if anything goes wrong after removing the screen protector, your Galaxy Z Flip 4 will be repaired or replaced under a standard warranty of 12 months.