WhatsApp is one of the most widely used messaging services in the world. While it has improved over the years with new features and additions, one major caveat was the inability to transfer conversations across platforms. WhatsApp offers backup and restore functionality but only works when switching from Android to another, or one iPhone to another.
If you were switching from an Android device to an iPhone or vice versa, there was no legal way to transfer your chat history and media from one phone to another. Fortunately, that has changed with the official WhatsApp announcement in the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp has released the ability to transfer conversations from iPhone to Android devices. However, only Samsung phones are currently supported, but the feature will be made available on all Android devices soon.
If the new folders from Samsung have confirmed that you have switched to Android from iPhone, here’s how you can transfer all your WhatsApp data, including chats and media, from your old iPhone to your new Android device.
While WhatsApp has published a support article with instructions for transferring WhatsApp data from your old iPhone to your new Android, we have found that the steps mentioned in that article are incorrect, and following them will not help you move your data.
How to Transfer WhatsApp data from iPhone to Android
To migrate your WhatsApp from iPhone to Samsung, simply follow these steps:
- Turn on your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
What do I need?
- Your new Android device must be factory new or reset to factory settings.
- Samsung SmartSwitch app version 22.214.171.124 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp Android Version 126.96.36.199 or greater on your new device.
- WhatsApp iOS version 188.8.131.52 or greater on your old device.
- USB-C to Lightning cable (or equivalent adapters).
- Use the same phone number on the new device as the old device.
To read more on WhatsApp’s new feature, you can visit here for reference visit WhatsApp FAQ.
Latest WhatsApp Stable/Beta app available here to download
WhatsApp is a well-known messaging service which is owned by Facebook. It lets you send and receive a variety of media like text, photos, videos, documents, location, and voice/video calls. With the help of this app, you can share some of your most personal moments because of its end-to-end encryption security.
It is one of the most popular social media apps which is used by more than 2 billion people in over 180 countries. WhatsApp offers simple, secure, reliable messaging and calling, available on phones all over the world.
To maintain the popularity of WhatsApp, the company continuously works to add new features and improve the presently available features. Also, as a beta tester, you’ll receive an update that includes a testing version of WhatsApp Messenger on Beta channel.
Take a look at the features of WhatsApp
TEXTS – Simple, Reliable Messaging
WhatsApp uses your phone’s Internet connection to send messages so you can avoid SMS fees.
GROUP CHAT – Groups to keep in touch
With group chats, you can share messages, photos, and videos with up to 256 people at once. You can also name your group, mute or customize notifications, and more.
WHATSAPP VOICE AND VIDEO CALLS – Speak Freely
With voice calls, you can talk to your friends and family for free, even if they’re in another country. And with free video calls, you can have face-to-face conversations when voice or text just isn’t enough.
WHATSAPP ON WEB AND DESKTOP – Keep the Conversation Going
With WhatsApp on the web and desktop, you can seamlessly sync all of your chats to your computer so that you can chat on whatever device is most convenient for you.
PHOTOS AND VIDEOS – Share Moments that Matter
Send photos and videos on WhatsApp instantly. You can even capture the moments that matter to you most with a built-in camera. With WhatsApp, photos and videos send quickly even if you’re on a slow connection.
END-TO-END ENCRYPTION – Security by Default
When end-to-end encrypted, your messages and calls are secured so only you and the person you’re communicating with can read or listen to them, and nobody in between, not even WhatsApp.
DOCUMENTS – Document Sharing Made Easy
Send PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, slideshows, and more, without the hassle of email or file-sharing apps. You can send documents up to 100 MB, so it’s easy to get what you need over to who you want.
VOICE MESSAGES – Say What’s On Your Mind
Sometimes, your voice says it all. With just one tap you can record a Voice Message, perfect for a quick hello or a longer story.
WhatsApp message reaction feature is live for everyone, here’s how to use
WhatsApp users have long wanted an Instagram-like message reaction feature on the application. Finally! The company has released the WhatsApp Message Reaction feature for all Android, iOS, Web, and Desktop users through a new update.
Message Reaction lets you express your feelings for a particular message through emojis. WhatsApp is bringing 6 emojis reactions such as Thumbs Up, Red Heart, Laugh, Surprise, Crying Face, and Folded Hands.
You can choose one of the emojis that suits your mood or reaction to the message and can use it instead of texting. These will be available for chats and groups and you will be able to react to them by tapping and holding the singular message.
Every time someone reacts to your messages, you receive a push notification, which is enabled by default however, you can also disable it. You will be able to see who reacted to your message by tapping the reaction icon. This info section shows up the list of people that have reacted to a message in a group.
Reacting to messages is very easy and simple. Here, I am going to show you how to use the message reaction feature on WhatsApp.
How to use WhatsApp Message Reaction?
- Open WhatsApp.
- Long press the message to which you wish to react.
- A pop-up will appear with six available emojis.
- Select one of the six emoji in the pop-up to use that as the reaction.
- Your message reaction will appear below the message you previously selected.
It should be mentioned that this is an initial rollout which means the feature is not available for all users at the moment. But it will reach all users in up to 7 days. Make sure, that you are using the latest version of your WhatsApp.
Latest WhatsApp Beta Update Hub: Upcoming Features, Sticker Packs, News and more
Hello guys and welcome to the Sammy Fans‘ dedicated WhatsApp (Beta) update hub. Here you can find the latest information on every WhatsApp Messenger (Stable & Beta) update. We will put all the features that are under development and arriving on the Android Beta channel along with version numbers.
Usually, WhatsApp releases a number of new updates on Android and iOS Beta channels in a single month in which most of the updates are covered by a dedicated blog called WABetaInfo.com. All the upcoming features come first to WhatsApp Beta testers through Google Play Store and we’ll cover them all.
Latest WhatsApp (Beta) Updates
April 18, 2022:
WhatsApp is working to add a new feature that let users hide their last seen for a particular contact. Now you can hide a specific contact or ap person on WhatsApp for both Android and iOS devices. Currently, this feature is available for bets testers and soon its stable version will be released for another user.
April 12, 2022
WhatsApp beta for Android comes up with the new communities tab, placed just right after ‘Chats’ on the top of the menu, you can see it in the screenshot mentioned by the WABbetaInfo. You can identify this beta build via the 184.108.40.206 version number, and soon the company will release its stable version.
April 11, 2022
WhatsApp is working to deliver a new feature that let users share their profile interface, but the feature is currently under development and soon release via a stable update. The latest WhatsApp beta for Android can be identified through build number – 220.127.116.11. Below you can check the screenshot shared by WABetaInfo.
April 08, 2022
As per the info, WhatsApp is testing a new feature for Android users to prevent certain disappearing messages to expire in a future update of the app. As you can see from the screenshot shared by WABetaInfo, WhatsApp is now automatically turning off the option “media visibility” for disappearing chats. This is to provide better privacy when using lost messages and to preserve personal information in lost conversations.
- Build beta: WhatsApp Beta 18.104.22.168
April 06, 2022
In a recent development, WhatsApp is working on a messages reaction feature for Android beta v22.214.171.124. As per the WABetaInfo, after grabbing this beta update users will react to messages on their WhatsApp account, you need to long-press messages, and a reaction bar shows up with 6 different emojis including Like, Love, Laugh, Suprised, Sad, and Thank You.
April 02, 2022
The latest WhatsApp Beta for Android v126.96.36.199 brings a new interface for the camera. Meanwhile, the feature is under development that allows new camera interfaces, in recent development WhatsApp is starting a test by releasing these new features.
Below you can check the Screenshot via WABetInfo, the new interface for the WhatsApp camera. The company will soon release its stable version for users.
April 01, 2022
As per the info, WhatsApp is working to limit the forwarded messages to more than one group chat at a time. WhatsApp now introduces new restrictions when forwarding messages to other ground chats on WhatsApp beta for Android. New restrictions have already been rolled out for some Android beta testers and will soon release it stable update for other users.
- Beta Build: WhatsApp Beta 188.8.131.52
December 08, 2021
According to the latest information, WhatsApp released a new Beta update for Android phones, which hints the messenger app is preparing to add the possibility to create a community in a future update. The community will help group admins to manage all linked groups better, and there is an advantage for group participants too.
- Beta Build: WhatsApp Beta 184.108.40.206
October 30, 2021
The latest WhatsApp Beta for Android v220.127.116.11 brings news about future plans for Payments using Novi, a Digital Wallet with no fees, to send and receive money securely and instantly. Read more
October 14, 2021
WABetaInfo revealed that WhatsApp is working to support skin tone combinations for couples emoji. However, this feature is under development, so it’s not ready now, and it will be released in a future update on WhatsApp beta for Android.
WhatsApp is working to support skin tone combinations for couples emoji.
This feature is under development, so it's not ready now, and it will be released in a future update on WhatsApp beta for Android. pic.twitter.com/aa9QnfX6jK
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) October 14, 2021
October 10, 2021: WhatsApp starts releasing encrypted backups for Android Beta testers. Read more
October 2, 2021: WhatsApp adds new beta label to identify beta builds within WhatsApp Settings. Read more
September 28, 2021: WhatsApp reportedly working on multi-device support with various new improvements. Read more
September 27, 2021: WhatsApp reportedly working on cashback feature to reward users for making payments. Read more
September 21, 2021: After iOS, WhatsApp Beta enables Message Reporting for Android. Read more
July 18, 2021: WhatsApp has finally started rolling out an important feature that makes it possible to encrypt your backups. It comes with the latest WhatsApp Beta v18.104.22.168. Users will have to choose a password that will be used to encrypt their future backups.
The chosen password will always be needed to insert when the user restores a backup, otherwise, you won’t be able to restore your chat history. It’s noteworthy that this password is private and it’s not shared with WhatsApp, Facebook, Google, or Apple.
July 16, 2021: WhatsApp will soon announce the Business Directory program that’s requirements are:
- Use the most recent WhatsApp update available on the Play Store and App Store, when the feature will be available publicly.
- You should include all the details about your business in your Business Profile.
- Set the privacy setting to “everyone” for “Profile Picture”.
- Have a business license. More details will be provided from WhatsApp when the Business Directory will be available.
- If you meet the requirements, you will be able to apply for free to join the Business Directory, in WhatsApp Business Tools Settings.
- WhatsApp Beta v22.214.171.124 – Download Link
July 15, 2021: WhatsApp has finally started to roll out multi-device features for specific beta testers on WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS.
- In order to check the availability of the multi-device function of your device, just open WhatsApp Web/Desktop Settings from your Samsung Galaxy device.
- If the feature is enabled for your WhatsApp account, you can see a new row called “Multi-device beta”.
- WhatsApp Beta v126.96.36.199 – Download Link
Things you need to know when using multi-device beta:
- When you join multi-device beta, all your previous sessions will be removed and you need to link your devices again. Probably WhatsApp will ask to connect your phone to WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp Desktop twice when you join the multi-device beta the first time. This is to ensure the transition to multi-device.
- Linked devices are automatically logged out from your WhatsApp account after 14 days of inactivity on your phone, due to security reasons. So you need to use your phone at least once every 14 days.
- Some features are not supported yet, because it’s a beta version, like the possibility to view live locations on linked devices, pinned chats don’t show up immediately but you need to manually search for them the first time and, if you use WhatsApp Business, your business name and labels cannot be edited from WhatsApp Web and WhatsApp Desktop. These small issues will be fixed in a future update.
July 14, 2021: WhatsApp beta for Android comes with a new user interface similar to Apple’s FaceTime and Ring buttons. However, the same feature was previously rolled out for WhatsApp for iOS, which brings some improvements.
- WhatsApp Beta v188.8.131.52 – Download Link
July 13, 2021: Whatsapp is working on an “in-app tool” to review bans that a lot of reliable users are often banned on WhatsApp because their accounts are wrongly flagged from their automated systems.
July 10, 2021: A couple of days ago, it’s reported that WhatsApp is working to implement new real-time voice waveforms while recording voice messages. We now have a screenshot of the UI of this upcoming feature that you can see below. When the user taps the stop button, he will be able to listen to the voice message before sending it.
- WhatsApp Beta v184.108.40.206 – Download Link
July 08, 2021: WhatsApp just released a new update with version number 220.127.116.11 on the Android Beta channel. It reveals the messenger is working on image quality settings, so you will be able to send images using the best quality available. The expected image quality settings could include:
- Auto (recommended): WhatsApp detects what is the best compression algorithm for specific images.
- Best quality: WhatsApp will send the image using the best quality available!
- Data saver: compression is enabled when Data saver is enabled in your Android settings.
- WhatsApp Beta v18.104.22.168 – Download Link
Article first published on July 08, 2021 | APK download links from APKMirror